Sign in to follow this  
ikarus2553

fs2020 ground textures washed out

If it was like that all over the world on my monitor I would guess that the green channel was out of whack and too strong, but the blues look right and I sense a brownish shade in the lake, so I don't think that is the problem. Since you did make mention of "parts of Switzerland". I would have to assume there is something wrong with that piece of Scenery itself, no problem on your end. There are years of updates planned.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

those are winter textures made to look like summer textures. Check the shadows of the trees being so long due to the low sun angle that time of year. I see the same in areas around NE US. It's just a plain fact that there are not optimal ground imagery for every part of the globe, yet. It'll continue to get better with time and MSFS will continue to update with better sources

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

Unfortunately, there are many places in the alps with patches of winter imagery. E.g. there‘s a bigger ribbon ranging from the Bernese Highlands down to Zermatt and another one in the centre of Austria as well as numerous smaller patches. Bing Maps imagery in the alps is rather patchy and messy in general (cloudy, different seasons etc). I‘m sure it will be updated in a world update at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Without knowing the cause I was going to say that it looked like green snow and it turns out from the posters above that is indeed the case. Presumably if the weather is snow it will look great.

CJ

Thanks a lot for all your inputs. I really wonder why it was possible that the swiss scenery developper mailsoft/flylogic was able to create a Swiss scenery (CH PRO)  about 12 years ago which is much much better than the actual one from MS also regarding mesh (as you can see from the pix) . As an example, the famous panorama of the mountains Eiger-Mönch-Jungfrau made by flylogic is 1:1 to reality, while the MS one  is a very poor depiction. 

I fully agree with you: we have to be patient. MS might definitely patch up this part of the world. because the Alpine region is a vast and important place for enthusiastic VFR simmerpilots.  
Best regards  and best health to all of you

Alfred

https://ibb.co/BjPYSKh

https://ibb.co/52TsdGn

2 hours ago, ikarus2553 said:

I absolutely agree. The Jungfrau region definitely needs some love. As far as I know the SDK isn‘t ready yet for something like CH Pro. I‘d rather Ms/Asobo patched it than having to pay 160$ or however much it was and download such a big area. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

2 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

Each to their own I suppose - much prefer the look of the second pic.

CJ

But this second pix does not at all  depict the reality

On 10/7/2020 at 8:39 AM, ikarus2553 said:

I really wonder why it was possible that the swiss scenery developper mailsoft/flylogic was able to create a Swiss scenery (CH PRO)  about 12 years ago which is much much better than the actual one from MS also regarding mesh (as you can see from the pix)

No problem to do today either if MSFS was only about flying in Switzerland 😉 they've compromised on a lot of things to bring us the entirety of planet Earth that goes well beyond just the scenery and mesh, so this needs to always be kept in mind and is also why they've planned for years of post-launch development to improve things like this which they have now laid the basis for with the initial release

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

@Drew Sikora

Yes I know what MS has done for us flightsimmers and I appreciate this very much, I know too that this is not a pure Swiss sim, but I am in the opinion that we enthusiastic flightsimmers are allowed to give feedback about this fantastic product just to improve it. Maybe my input was put in the wrong place, I should have sent it to MS directly.

9 minutes ago, ikarus2553 said:

@Drew Sikora

Yes I know what MS has done for us flightsimmers and I appreciate this very much, I know too that this is not a pure Swiss sim, but I am in the opinion that we enthusiastic flightsimmers are allowed to give feedback about this fantastic product just to improve it. Maybe my input was put in the wrong place, I should have sent it to MS directly.

No, you had the right to express your opinion, he was just answering the "i wonder why" part of your post. Compromises were made, these part of the Alps happens to be one of those compromise, it doesnt mean it was on purpose, and it doesnt mean it wont get better. And the answer is in the question, you wonder why a 3rd party dev could make a scenery better than the defaut MSFS one? Well, its because its default MSFS. That dev made this scene because im guessing the FSX default switzerland was lacking too (if it was indeed FSX you were talking about). 

@leprechaunlive
thanks for your input, ok, I see it, I obviously got it  wrong,  as a kind of reproach, critisizing MSFS too much,  but I really was wondering  why it was possible to create a nearly perfect swiss scenery (for FSX)  some many years ago with technology of that time. 
Of course I don't know what kind of imagery mailsoft/flylogic used to depict the mountain peaks and  landtextures of the swiss alps as they are in reality.  I thought MSFS might be even better.  Anyhow, let us a wait for  a coming patch.

Best regards
Alfred 

CH PRO X used the aerial images from the Landestopographie, that was also the reason why this product was rather expensive and never got any update. Personally I am also very disappointed how Switzerland is looking in MSFS, many things destroy immersion for each and every VFR flight in Switzerland. Mesh of the Alps is rubbish, many patches with winter textures, many regions with really low res textures, straight lines visible where a good texture is next to a very low res texture and and and. If something, then Switzerland can be used as a nice example of how much is still to do for MS/Asobo, as it basically incorporates all set backs of the MS/Asobo approach. Add missing churches so that almost no village look like the real one, missing POIs in general, no stadiums, green streets, patches where the texture clearly shows forest but the AI did not place any tree on it, bridges you can not fly under and and and. In one single, small country (just above 40'000 square kilometers), all things condensated that do still not work properly in MSFS. What a bummer, I was soooo looking forward that MSFS finally serves as a replacement of this outdated CH PRO X product, but no...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS