Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Major FSX Standard Scenery Bugs in Westeurope

Guest audia4atdriver

Good evening, today when i flew around Vienna (LOWW) i saw in Danube River few large rocks and landscape inside the water. I tried to fix that, but the only thing that works is to delete the dem0601.bgl before i start my FSX Deluxe. But this file is very big, so other things will be disabled too. Same effects I noticed in all rivers in Austria, Rhine River in Germany, several rivers in Hungary

Guest possum

I think someone said it is supposed to keep from having water on the sides of hills like in FS9, but that looks like it did exactly the opposite and looks even worse to me.

Guest Valkyrie321

A lot of good that bridge does in the last screenshot...

Guest Vilk

i'm not sure how or why it works, but i found this somewherein terrain.cfg replace each instance of the line:Textures=OCEAN_SEA_LARGE_LAKEwith this:Textures=OCEAN_SEA_LARGE_LAKE_0i've never visited your location, but it certainly cured the "rapids" where i go

Hello Martin,Should you be flying so low? Looks very dangerous to me - don't know if I would want to be a passenger in your airplane!This problem is due to the way that FS X displays water.Previously, many people complained that water would climb up slopes, and they didn't like that. So, the FS Team changed that so that whenever a slope is encountered, the water displays rock instead.Unfortunately, this means that if the altitude mesh has spikes or slopes in the water bodies, then rock is displayed, such as in the Danube.There is a fix in the Avsim library for this - please get the "FS X modfied terrain.cfg"http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...rado&CatID=rootBest regards.Luis

In Budapest (Hungary), simply the danube doesn't exists.. I tried your modified terrain.cfg, but it didn't help..grof

A few weeks ago, didn't someone post about the Danube in Hungary?? Didn't they say it wasn't there? I think that would be a NAVTEQ database omission or something like that. In Europe the data might not be NAVTEQ but it's similar...whatever they used, the data may be missing for that part of the Danube.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi there,the modified terrain.cfg does not add any new data.The Danube is a case of a compilation error of the Navteq data ACES used for FSX. The Danube is in the Navteq source - see http://local.live.com/ - but something got messed up. If you load the corresponding landscape file for Hungary into TMFViewer, Scenery0601cvx5315.bgl, you can see the shorelines of the Danube in their correct place but the water polygons are missing.Cheers, HolgerP.S.: sorry about going off-topic. Great work, Luis and Dick!!!

Guest audia4atdriver

Hello again :-)Thanks for your helpfull comments. About the Problem with the Danube in hungary. Try the following, before you start FSX, go to ...(this is my Path) ...Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XScenery0601scenery and move the file dem0601.bgl out of this Folder. Now start FSX go to Scenery Libary, close then Scnery Library (Loading the modified Scenery) and fly the Danube along to hungary. And you will see the Danube will be there. (Note, that your scenery will look very other, many hills will not be present,but try it. after that test close FSX move the File to original Folder.) Start FSX go to Scenery Libary, close then Scnery Library (Loading the original Scenery) And all will be like before.Many thanks for your time.And please apologize my awful englishRegards Martin (LOWL)