Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

ATC even worse than FS9

Guest slydon

If you uncheck show atc you will still have the atc come up but no history.

Guest BenBaron

I think Glenn means the possibility to be cleared for lineup after a LANDING aircraft...but unfortunately thats only in the missions.So, you only get this instruction after a taking-off aircraft like it was in FS9 :-{ .

yes but only in a pre-programmed mission would ATC allow another aircraft onto the runway while one was landing. flying normally in-game, they ATC would wait til you were totally cleared before telling the other airplane to line up and wait or position and hold (icao or faa terminology, still cant understand why everyone wants to be different)

Thanks for the reply Benjamin and Alex, that is what I was afraid of after reading this thread. It is to bad because that would have been a really nice feature to add, and it would have moved traffic along alot quicker.Glenn

after I touched down, the tower instructed the 747 to position and hold, and then when I was clear, they cleared them for takeoff.I think this is a mission behavior. I haven't seen it in regular AI testing.The landing aircraft still has a "lock" on the runway until the trigger event of acknowledging the instruction to contact ground at towered airports - at least as far as I can see.FS - the ATC / flight dynamics interace - really does not appear to be aware of the exact position of aircraft. The AI aircraft, and user aircraft, have a lot of commonality.Basically it appears that when one aircraft is given the runway - a trigger event must occur for another aircraft to be given the runway.The "position and hold" trigger event appears to be the change of the previous aircraft status from "Takeoff1" mode to "Takeoff2" mode.The "cleared for takeoff" trigger event apears to be the acknowledgement of frequency change instructions by the just departed aircraft. Oh, and as far as swapping frequency commands - never fly at 10,000 ft that's almost always a hard boundary - every variation in altitude - even a few feet will trigger a boundary crossing event/ ATC instruction. Also move a half-mile off course if you appear to get stuck on a lateral boundary.Changing ATC is a lot more than adding a few voice commands. Speed controls are something I would love to see - but the entire user and AI flight dynamics interaction with the sim will have to be changed.Maybe in FS12....

Anyone else notice the transistion page is empty when you want to select the approach (STAR) you want to fly? With blank page you can't select anything and are forced to put up with FSX dumb vectoring, you know, the kind that vectors you into a mountain =

So has anyone here written to tell_fs@microsoft.com to let them know that you want an upgrade to the ATC in the next patch, and to tell them exactly what behavior that you would like to see added/changed/removed?The more people who write, the more likely it will happen.I'm glad to see that there are still lots of people who would like the ATC functionality to be improved. Please let ACES know about what you want.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg