Sign in to follow this  
NightOfDreams

How to disable that silly logbook feature after shut down?

Maybe its there for the ones that are lollygagging for hours after flights and wasting bandwidth instead of actually flying the planes. They should put on a 10 sec timer and auto disconnect from the sim if you don't hit continue of coarse i'm joking its just a minor issue people seem to get annoyed from just about anything that actually involve you to do something (hit a key).

Depending on how you fly it can be annoying but don't forget there are a lot of newcomers to this sim. Many are just trying to learn how to fly and, for them, seeing their logbook popup at flight end gives them a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment.

I still remember when I first started flying IRL, after every flight I'd meticulously document as much about the flight as possible in my log book. I'd take it home and guard it carefully. Several thousand hours later, I'd just jot down the date/time and minimal info.

So in sim this thing is really up to each individual. I'd like it to be optional.

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I don't own MSFS yet (waiting for some more features to be added), but I have been following this issue closely.. in some of the videos, I see that the engine + avionics shutdown does not cause this pop up. I get different answers when I ask the folks who posted the video - some say its because they run in dev mode, others say they have all settings on "real/hard", and some say with payware planes logbook doesnt pop up.. 

so which one is it? Looks like there is a workaround but it hasnt been documented.. there are many videos out there where logbook doesnt pop up in the end.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

1 hour ago, vin747 said:

Looks like there is a workaround but it hasnt been documented..

There is no workaround at present.. Asobo is aware..

Bert

The current logbook in msfs is very lousy. But in general, I actually like that feature.

After each flight, first thing I always do after setting the parking brake is record the flight properly in my logbook, only then the flight is complete.

In the sim i think this is important for newcomers. Anyway, I’d like to see a more comprehensive implementation with option to modify entries, enter remarks in a nice looking User interface…

Edited by urthgental

This is like a shower in an RV-Park, when the last coin runs out and you got all the soap on your body 😜

• Like 2

Stephan from Germany

My System

Some people claim to have fixed it by assigning some key to master avionics and keeping that ON all the time so that even when you turn off battery the sim thinks that you are still on power. 

Vinod Kumar

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

57 minutes ago, vin747 said:

Some people claim to have fixed it by assigning some key to master avionics and keeping that ON all the time so that even when you turn off battery the sim thinks that you are still on power. 

Should the devs waste time on trivial UI nicities or devote time to say avionics?  You choose.

Regards

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I don't see what's wrong with Fly Now, it's how you start.

There are a bunch of things that could be better, many things were present in FSX and previous but  haven't been included.  They should put me in charge 😉

• Like 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

5 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Should the devs waste time on trivial UI nicities or devote time to say avionics?  You choose.

Regards

bs

thanks for your helpful and insightful advice, dad... 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Vinod Kumar

we are just discussing what workarounds we as users can do to alleviate this issue until a permanent fix is implemented.. obviously many people have overcome this issue by some workaround and i'm just trying to figure out how they did it.. 

Vinod Kumar

12 hours ago, vin747 said:

we are just discussing what workarounds we as users can do to alleviate this issue until a permanent fix is implemented.. obviously many people have overcome this issue by some workaround and i'm just trying to figure out how they did it.. 

I just click like mad where the continue button will appear as soon as I hit the battery off switch while waiting for the stupid log book arcade screen to appear. Then I log my flight in Excel instead of their lame lousy log book.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vin747 said:

thanks for your helpful and insightful advice, dad... 

Like my mother used to say, "don't pick at it, leave well enough alone."

Regards

bs

• Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

This thread is indicative of the hobby in general.
Many, including me, don't like the intrusion of this pointless timestamp.
Like those who post here, suggesting "Don't worry, be happy" or "Don't divert programmers attention from something more important"
My feeling, as some one who flies C&D to C&D in jetliners, is that it is a nag!
I don't really care a jot about accruing hours or staying "current" in the sim. What riles me is as has been said before, is that unless you choose in menu to start Engines running, on a runway (Hard luck if you're on short final btw) you are never awarded a take-off. Added the sim pauses and displays an entirely useless placard, demanding further inputs in order to continue with shutdown proper.
It is just a further example of the game/arcade mentality of the producers. Put in a switch to GET RID of all unnecessary confirmations and notices. Maintain the willing suspension of disbelief.
It's in my top 10

(ps No need to comment - I won't be back to read them)

Edited by gkkes
typo
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 10/7/2020 at 10:11 PM, NightOfDreams said:

Does anyone know how to disable that silly logbook screen that always automatically pops up after you shut everything in the plane off? It plays some ridiculous tune and is too much like an arcade game - it takes me out of the simulation after an otherwise ultra realistic flight experience.

See below for an example of what I mean:

https://imgur.com/a/NeAWhop

so, you had an ultrarealistic flight but because when you quit the flight it shows a screen you do not like, that ruins the ultrarealistic flight,    Makes sense if you DONT think about about it..