Sign in to follow this  
Kenjiro75

Any OnAir users here? I have a question :)

Hi!

I feel almost convinced to subscribe to OnAir for MSFS, however one thing still makes me hesitate. Is it possible to avoid hiring AI pilots completely in OnAir? I don't feel like micromanaging them and assigning jobs. What I'd like to do is to have my SOLO career, where I rent (and then buy) aircraft, fly from one place to another (with location continuity, without jumping across the globe like in FSEconomy) and do it just by myself, always with one rented/purchased plane. Is such a "role play" even possible with OnAir? And my last question is: is it possible to fly (some time in the virtual future, of course) airliners?

Thank you!

yep  Thunder server.. no AI pilots allowed.. you have to fly every flight..  you can still hire AI co-pilots and mechanics etc for later on, but only you can fly the actual flights 🙂

Every aircraft in MSFS in is OnAir.. so if you can afford it.. yep you can fly a 320/747 or 787,  just make sure you can afford both the plane and the fuel 🙂

In addition, as new 3rd party aircraft are released, they are brought into OnAir as well, so currently I fly a Moody no problem.

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 2

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Yes. You can go all solo if you want. Isn’t one of the worlds entirely without AI? I play on Cumulus, and if I wanted to I could go solo if I wanted (however I think it is kind of fun to do some micro managing at times). 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Great, but isn't that Thunder server with any higher overall difficulty except for AI pilot ban? Is it possible to use the default server, but simply not hire AI pilots (only mechanic, co-pilots, as you said)?

Just now, Kenjiro75 said:

Great, but isn't that Thunder server with any higher overall difficulty except for AI pilot ban? Is it possible to use the default server, but simply not hire AI pilots (only mechanic, co-pilots, as you said)?

Yep if you want to, theres no "requirement" to do anything other than just fly if you want to do so 🙂

BTW  If that is your aim in life, Thunder isn't that hard..  it's worth trying 🙂

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

6 hours ago, Kenjiro75 said:

Hi!

I feel almost convinced to subscribe to OnAir for MSFS, however one thing still makes me hesitate. Is it possible to avoid hiring AI pilots completely in OnAir? I don't feel like micromanaging them and assigning jobs. What I'd like to do is to have my SOLO career, where I rent (and then buy) aircraft, fly from one place to another (with location continuity, without jumping across the globe like in FSEconomy) and do it just by myself, always with one rented/purchased plane. Is such a "role play" even possible with OnAir? And my last question is: is it possible to fly (some time in the virtual future, of course) airliners?

Thank you!

You can play in any world and fly all your flights.  You aren't required to hire AI pilots.  I have one but I use her mainly to run a few jobs a week to maintain some positive income (running an FBO isn't cheap).  I will usually run a out and back pair in the morning depending on job availability.  Keeps the income coming in when I don't fly.  However, most of my company's revenue is generated by me.  😉