Sign in to follow this  

Where is FSX Deluxe?

I went to 3 different stores today to buy it and nobody had FSX deluxe. They are swimming in standard, but not a sign of deluxe at any store. I also went online and checked stock at local stores and none of them showed deluxe in stock. This game appears to be selling pretty well from what i can tell. Since my beta timed out (doh!) I figured I would try the retail and see what i get. With any luck I am upgrading to a quad core qx6700 in the next month with bad axe 2 motherboard, 8800gtx and other sweet parts so the game should run at least 30% better and be future proof for alan wake and crysis at least. Now if any place will actually have these parts in stock in the next 2 months...

Guest Valkyrie321

I got extremely lucky when I got my deluxe copy. Most stores sold out within a few days of release, but I managed to get a retail version of FSX Deluxe a day before release by knowing the right person. Since then, I have yet to see another Deluxe version grace their shelves.

Guest TomLiAirplane

"With any luck I am upgrading to a quad core qx6700 in the next month with bad axe 2 motherboard, 8800gtx and other sweet parts"You filthy rich... ha ha...Just joking, seriously, how much will that new rig gonna cost you ?:9

Guest Speed

CompUSA at White Plains NY had a new batch in today. I saw at least 6 copies of deluxe.

>"With any luck I am upgrading to a quad core qx6700 in the>next month with bad axe 2 motherboard, 8800gtx and other sweet>parts">>You filthy rich... ha ha...>Just joking, seriously, how much will that new rig gonna cost>you ?>:9Haha not rich, just have a good job and am unmarried with no kids! I sold off a good chunk of my astronomy gear to pay for it too. It shouldn't cost me more than $2200 or so because i already have some of the parts. Our intel rep comes in tomorrow for our biannual meeting to tell us the NDA future paths of their lineup and I am going to see if he can score me a board and processor for retail since i think it might be hard to find one in stock at an etailer when they release next week. He will probably tell me he can't but it's worth a shot anyway.

Guest TomLiAirplane

I am also shooting something under $2000 for my brand new machine, with Vista and DirectX 10 card equipped. Might cost more with the first generation of DirectX 10 video card, but who knows.Money is pretty tight for a college student like me, part time job at the library ain't gonna help much. (just saved up the money to buy the new Zune, yeah, baby.)

And I just spent a chunck of my computer upgrade money on a new 80mm ED RFT. At least I don't have to activate it, I don't have to wait for DXAnything, and there isn't any problem with the framerate :-).Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I went to 3 more stores today all sold out of deluxe....must be a shortage on this game.Yeah, i used to have an orion 80mm ed and sold it this past summer since i already had a tmb80/600. Been thinking about selling it too since i don't image any more and prefer the size and weight of my 5" Schmidt. Those 80ED's are the best bang for the buck by far. Enjoy it.

Guest tdragger

Yes. Frankly it's taken us by surprise, too. I *believe* the distributors have enough inventory to take them through the holiday season so hopefully it'll be only a short time until the retailers can restock.

Dave,If you ditch the Intel BadAxe choice and get an ASUS P5W or similar 975X board, you will have much more success if you plan on any serious overclocking of that quad-core monster!Unless you already have the badaxe board of course......EDIT: Nevemrmind, I see you have Intel reps 'helping' you out!Glenn

good to still see you around these forums mike. Its really good that FSX has been commercially a success so far. It would make FS11 more likely! Despite our #### here about FSX performance, we really want it to do well!

Not the badaxe, the badaxe 2. If you research you will see that the NEW badaxe2 is pretty well bada$$ ;) It is highly overclockable unlike its predecessor. I also do NOT trust Asus as I have had too many problems with them in the past so I want to stick with Intel. I just talked to our intel rep and he said he is going to call his local contact and hook me up with the parts so that i can purchase them. I'm not getting my hopes up but it looks promising :) Hopefully it will be retail as well as i don't want to pay any overcharge that newegg and the others are sure to add.