Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Finally, a tool to skip the "Press any key" screen...

13 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Can someone smarter than me please explain why the hell would ASOBO add a press any key to continue?

Haven't they heard the old saying that time is money?

Having said all that, I'll wait until I have confirmation that the mod works with the MSFS store version before I try it. Looking forward to more feedback!

I even tried the remove the menu mod and I'm so glad I did. 

As curious as you, i did a bit of sniffing around

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-most-PC-games-these-days-have-a-press-any-key-to-continue-message-before-the-main-menu-loads#:~:text=It's a large program to,-game%2Flevel select.)

Its basically used to hide the fact that it take a flippin long time to load. Its a distracting technique.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leprechaunlive said:

Its basically used to hide the fact that it take a flippin long time to load. Its a distracting technique.

That's LOL dumb.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 minutes ago, DJJose said:

That's LOL dumb.

Yea, we know the entire earth is gonna take a long time to load anyway 😄 

I just click the mouse as soon as I see the screen - what is the problem?  

Milliseconds?

• Like 1

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

20 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

Because it also takes some time to arrive at that screen in the first place.  So I have a routine of double-clicking the MFS icon to get it started, then I go off to accomplish a needed task, then return, find it has arrived at that screen, then repeat the process, finishing another task unrelated to the sim, often in another room, or perhaps letting my dog out...  I personally would like to just see it all load in one segment so I don't lose the time it pauses waiting for me to return that first time.  

It's not about milliseconds for me...

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

48 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

Milliseconds?

I don't know what's the issue either and the need to install additional stuff to get some additional pounds of fat into your system 🤣. I trigger my T16000M Joystick and I'm in!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I guess I forgot to say that I use multiple monitors.  I start FS 2020 on the main monitor and then do some useful work on the secondary screen.  When Press Any Key appears - I mouse click on that screen and go back to the secondary monitor/work.   I probably do lose a second or two of productivity with this method.

BUT - that is the joy of retirement - Productivity is of no concern now!

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

1 minute ago, TacomaSailor said:

I probably do lose a second or two of productivity with this method

Maybe just miliseconds, unless your two monitors are well far apart from each other 😆.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

6 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Was about time...

https://github.com/AmbitiousPilots/FSJumpStarter2020/blob/main/README.md#instructions

On a side note, I wouldn't recommend using this when updating the sim, just as a precaution...

Never understood why this was an issue for some people.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

such a first world problem.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

44 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Never understood why this was an issue for some people.  

Really?  This is why...

1.  Start the sim.

2.  Rather than wait as it loads, go and put the kettle on for tea (as being British, that is what we do with every spare second).

3.  Make some tea.

4.  Get back to PC to find that it has stalled on the 'press any key' screen.

5.  Huff, puff, tut, and say 'my goodness', and then press any key.

6.  Rather than wait some more, go and put the kettle on again.

7.  Come back with fresh tea and hope it is loaded - then pay a quick visit to the toilet/men's room because of all the tea.

Of course, in the US Dillon, you may have the coffee maker right next to the PC, so not so inconvenient for you! 😄 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

I don't know what's the issue either and the need to install additional stuff to get some additional pounds of fat into your system 🤣. I trigger my T16000M Joystick and I'm in!.

Cheers, Ed

But, Ed, you have to be there to pull the trigger.  I had rather be fixing a cup of coffee and arrive ready to load a flight.  I have already seen their movie, many times.  I don't need the advertising every time I start up.

• Like 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

How hard would it be for them to give us the option? As Ray stated, we've seen the movie before.

ASOBO, please give us the option. I prefer faster loading times to the main menu. Thank you.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

55 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

I guess I forgot to say that I use multiple monitors.  I start FS 2020 on the main monitor and then do some useful work on the secondary screen.  When Press Any Key appears - I mouse click on that screen and go back to the secondary monitor/work.   I probably do lose a second or two of productivity with this method.

BUT - that is the joy of retirement - Productivity is of no concern now!

You've got two things going on here.

1: Taking the 1:30 seconds to do some 'useful' work and the following 30 seconds after the 'Any Key' job. (I'll call it a job because it's pretty hard going!) to do some more 'useful work.'

2: Then you sign off by saying "Productivity is of no concern now!"

Hectic old life eh? 😄

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Now I am home, I just tried it.  My home version of ESET scanned it as clean.

It worked flawlessly for me.  (Windows store version of the sim).

It stopped on the 'press any key' screen for about one second, then went through by itself.  It stopped at the 'checking for updates' screen for a bit, then continued any went straight to the front menu.  Quickest I have ever loaded it. 👍  

All good, except now, no time to make tea.  I'm never happy!  🙄

PS.  Version 1.1 will be out soon.  Even more convenient.  It automatically goes into the marketplace and clicks on all the downloads.  They don't do anything, so it comes out and endlessly plays with the graphics settings for 20 minutes so you don't have to!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.