Sign in to follow this  
Denwagg

The Thrill Is Gone !

To many CTD'S, Press any key, Wait time, Flight Planning, PFD lockups, Interface, 4 hour updates that fix very little, No traffic, on and on and on ...

Oh but look at all the scenery !

Even the disappointment has worn off,  Now its just another Software that does not do what it promised to do.

Back to DCS, New A10C 2 beta upgrade. Cold and Dark Startup. Three flights no hiccups, Forgot what it was like.

The forum here has less complaining, less "Hey everybody look at this" moments. The cold reality has set in for many, less comments, less sales, 

May be in a year but right now the thrill has passed for a while

Regards 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 6

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

The Thrill Is Not Gone For Me. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 22
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Oh great, another one.

• Like 26
  • Upvote 5

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I am sorry you are so disappointed, because I am not facing any of this pain. 

I understand where the sim is and how it needs improvement, but if you really feel like this, then it is indeed time to take a break.

We all actually know where the sim is, and some have more anguish than others (me virtually zero).

I just wish people would not post such dramatic 'I'm leaving' posts all of the time, and why we would want to know anyway.  It is not helping anyone who genuinely comes here for help or information, which I thought was the idea of these forums rather than a whinging room.

For anyone else 'leaving' or giving up.  Please close the door quietly on the way out.  It's all you have to do, without all of the unhelpful drama or giving the impression of such self importance that everyone may want to know.

PS. Enjoy your DCS.  It is good!  👍

But I also remember how that was after two months.  12fps, very little content, and also CTD's or lock ups at random.  I don't think I ever got to finish a mission in the early days.

Edited by bobcat999
PS
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

the THRILL is not going anywere for me and that first sentence "TOO MANY CTDs" reminds me of another sim's that i deleted . 

Im starting to think the moderators should pin a thread thats titled "the screaming room" where people can go and vent out before they exit the forum back in time and flight in that perfect old world where there are no CTDs and everything looks beautiful and we Used to PAY ALOT for a Patch that till this day has not fix Everything and by the way the expensive patches was one of the many reason i uninstalled it a while ago i got tired on being a paid beta tester . OH WOW LOOK AT ME im acting like im in that screaming room i mentioned before . 

Edited by rtodepart
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

You should bear in mind that since many people are not having any CTDs, that would tend to indicate this problem is actually on your end.

Personally, I don't think MSFS has ever had a CTD at all on my system, and it isn't a particularly flashy PC I have either, but it is well maintained.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 13

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Why do people post these departure announcements? There's literally nothing anyone can say to convince you not to and it just leads to circular arguments.

Just move on, it's that simple.

• Like 16
  • Upvote 1

The thrill is getting more tumescent by the day for me. Even with the odd CTD.

• Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I've had exactly one CTD and that was due to a mod that I added and I've been flying at least one or two hours a day

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 minute ago, vgbaron said:

I've had exactly one CTD and that was due to a mod that I added and I've been flying at least one or two hours a day

I had learned to move any mods before installing the updates and then wait till they update the mods so that everything works .lets see what we get in todays update . 

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

8 minutes ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

Why do people post these departure announcements?

exactly what came into my mind as well. 

and in case someone asks; I am leaving office now after I went to the restrooms. just to let you know.

• Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"