Sign in to follow this  
Denwagg

The Thrill Is Gone !

i wonder what program he is playing??

no ctd here, i have traffic ai,flightplanning np.

i guess the casuals will drop soon.

• Like 2

I initially had quite a few CTD, it turned out to be the OC on my video card, since then; None!!!

Even with all the shortcomings and waiting for it to mature, I'm still exploring and enjoying the beautiful scenery,

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 3

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Maybe those of us who are sticking it out because, despite some warts, this is the greatest flight sim ever should make our own pointless threads about how we’re staying.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 2

Like buying a new car after that new car smell wears off it naturally loses a bit of shine and the thrill, but then, it’s those moments where it just shines... Get into an old banger (XP, P3D) for a bit and you’ll soon be loving it again.

• Like 2

Sorry for him, but here no CTD as well, good real traffic and wonderful real weather, waiting for being a VR beta use in VFR 🙂

• Like 1

Wish they would add a down vote or non-like button. Would save everyone from having to rewrite their positive comments over and over and over again. 

I'd elaborate, but I have to pop over to the Glarry guitar website as the $100 Tele copy has a sharp fret end. Unacceptable!  I am letting the entire world know about this travesty! I have been victimized once again.. 

• Like 5

I don’t comment much on this forum, but it is a real pain in the a*se to keep reading about angry people throwing in the towel on this sim.  I have an average PC and can’t get enough of MSFS2020.  For example I have just completed a small navex in the C152 from RAF Halton Flying Club to Milton Keynes, Silverstone, Aylesbury and back to Halton using a real world CAA 1:500 000 nav chart.  Threw in some weather and the whole flight worked perfectly and the scenery was perfectly in line with the chart.  I used to fly the C152 in real life and with the Mod, it is terrific.

So, to cut a long story short, I have absolutely no complaints with the new and complex sim that has delivered so much in its first few weeks.  There is much to come as it is developed, not to mention 3rd party scenery and aircraft.

• Like 7

The thrill is gone after 2 months?  I challenge you to find a flight sim that looks this good out of the box. 

Its all like golf.  Your trapped.   Goes like this...   Beautiful 18 hole course.  Beautiful day, fresh air, awesome trees, birds singing. Then you take you shot. word not allowed , big slice into the pond. Carry on.  Next few greens you keep missing the hole by inches.  Grrrr. I hate this game! Next drive you hook it, and goes into a deep bunker. Frustrating and pull your hair out. I hate this game! This carries on for thru 17 holes. Throw your clubs in the drink and scream I hate this game.  On the 18 th You hit an awesome drive, and your on the green in 2 on a par5!  Put for an eagle. Man I love this game! Lets schedule next course.   (not from experience 😏)

This is flight simulation, especially a new release. Theres going to be frustrations, bugs, idiosyncrasies, oddities, and an Autopilot that challenges 'Bitching Betty' , then you get that WOW moment in the skies, with a beautiful sunset and ominous looking clouds and heavy rainshaft in the distance. Better get down your aircraft and you grease the landing.  What a flight!  File next flightplan!  

• Like 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

57 hours and only 1 CTD, what does that say?

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

When I hear all these claims about CTDs, my first thought is always „unstable overclock“. Way too many people use stuff like overclocking AI software without having a clue what they are doing. I haven‘t had a single CTD in MSFS. 

Edited by carlito777
  • Like 3

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

1 hour ago, pmb said:

The Thrill Is Not Gone For Me. 

Kind regards, Michael

For me MSFS excites me in a way I haven't had before in any sim. It's actually fun to be part that early in development and try to improve the sim via activity in forums. Having a dev that actually cares for community feedback and is able to realize a lot of it (considering what they've already achieved).

• Like 3

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I'd go with the "Screaming Room Forum" to lodge exuberant complaints and wanting to quit which to me are valid but very unproductive and discouraging to the rest of us. Sorry, this is my forum too and I need it to be positive. You don't have to deny the many bugs and various problems, but keep positive. Let the negativity exist in it's own forum, my opinion.

United001

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

6 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

When I hear all these claims about CTDs, my first thought is always „unstable overclock“. Way too many people use stuff like overclocking AI software without having a clue what they are doing. I haven‘t had a single CTD in MSFS. 

Same here. I've put many many hours into MSFS since August 18 and not an single CTD. Now P3D v5 was another story - getting a flight in without a CTD was like winning the lottery

• Like 1

The A320 sucks big time. Tried to do a flight from Ottawa to Toronto using Simbrief and my plane crash when I arrived close to Toronto. For no reason the plane just dive while I was in autopilot. Until Toliss or other reputable developers produce a study level aircraft, I am only going to fly VFR with MSFS 2020 GA aircraft's. Can you imagine if X-Plane would team up with Google that would be amazing.

43 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

this is the greatest flight sim ever

I agree it is indeed a Great Flight Sim, but becoming obsessive and defending it without acknowledging it's flaws and mocking those that do, makes the community look like childish. For me it's the NAV data and anyone that bemoans this issue needs to compare the Greatest Sim Ever to other seven year old sims before mocking others.

Edited by FPStewy
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 5

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD