Sign in to follow this  
Denwagg

The Thrill Is Gone !

9 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

I don't know who's more dramatic here though... those raising legitimate issues and being frustrated, or those defending the product.  Look at your own post... a perfect example of over dramatization.

This from the chap who created a post entitled... checks notes... 'Does MSFS do anything really well?', who believes you need to mod the sim to get a [single] "realistic" experience.

Poppycock.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Denwagg said:

To many CTD'S, Press any key, Wait time, Flight Planning, PFD lockups, Interface, 4 hour updates that fix very little, No traffic, on and on and on ...

Oh but look at all the scenery !

Even the disappointment has worn off,  Now its just another Software that does not do what it promised to do.

Back to DCS, New A10C 2 beta upgrade. Cold and Dark Startup. Three flights no hiccups, Forgot what it was like.

The forum here has less complaining, less "Hey everybody look at this" moments. The cold reality has set in for many, less comments, less sales, 

May be in a year but right now the thrill has passed for a while

Regards 

Is it crowded under that bridge?

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

15 hours ago, Denwagg said:

Back to DCS

Yeah, back to a sim that's been around for more than 10 years and is based on a sandbox scenery model.  Because that's a fair comparison.  Some perspective please.  

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Yeah, back to a sim that's been around for more than 10 years and is based on a sandbox scenery model.  Because that's a fair comparison.  Some perspective please.  

And an at times rabidly dissatisfied user base.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

This childish behavior is exactly what I meant. Having no respect for someone else’s opinion and trying  to make fun out of it.

Well done guys 👍 

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

7 minutes ago, GSalden said:

This childish behavior is exactly what I meant. Having no respect for someone else’s opinion and trying  to make fun out of it.

Well done guys 👍 

If you think there’s a genuine issue with immaturity, you know where the report button is.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Oh, the thrill is still alive!

After release of the last patch which word not allowed my installation i still can't reinstall it, so i'm still entertained by MSFS intro music every word not allowed day.

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

10 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Well done guys 👍 

Gerald,

The OP has harped on things which are known issues and on a well documented list for items to be addressed, accused MS/Asobo of false promises and made a comparison with a sim (although brilliant for what it's designed to do) is nowhere near what MFS is.  As much as I am as believer of 'if nobody complains, nothing will get fixed', I don't think this post really achieves much

• Like 4

The originator to the topic is correct to state how he feels and many more members feel the same way.  2020 was over hyped by Microsoft, yes it will become a good flight simulator, but so will X-Plane and DCS.

The problem with 2020 it was released far to quickly and is so full of bugs, that it drives people mad.  If you are not suffering the faults others are, then consider yourself lucky, no need to decry someone who is pis*ed off with 2020.

I found the original release buggy but use-able, the first update just about destroyed the use ability to enjoy the sim, so yes I am off back to X-Plane for awhile with pop overs back to 2020 after each update to see what they have improved or cocked up.

That seems to be the way to treat 2020 at the moment as it is not a flight simulator yet, but just a buggy game.  I know some of you will hate the truth of it being called a game, but I use many flight sims and this is the worst so far, But I am hoping a year or two from now,

we will see the fixes that will bring the leavers back and become a great flight sim.  I am now placing a hard hat on ready for the stones..

Edited by jaydor
  • Upvote 1

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

Come on guys, surely the sensible thing to do if you don't agree or like reading posts like this is to simply not read them and comment on them?. People can and will have negative experiences with the sim, and you are free not to care or read about them, but ranting that the user's post is a waste of time or doesn't achieve much also doesn't achieve anything.

Any outsider visiting this forum and doesn't know the users involved would come away with the impression that everyone here is a crazed fanatic who hates any criticism. Mac OS vs Windows, etc... If you don't want the forum littered with posts like this, then stop responding to them and turning every other similar post to the same thing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Come on guys, surely the sensible thing to do if you don't agree or like reading posts like this is to simply not read them and comment on them?. 

Are you recommending we only read and comment on posts we agree with? 

I don’t see any problem with people ranting about their frustrations and how they’re giving up on the sim, any more than I see a problem with responding that that’s not my experience or giving up for other sims with equal problems is daft.

In fact I’d say a lot more leeway is being given here to controversial posts than on the P3D or XP forums where I’ve seen threads criticizing the sims or comparing them to MSFS locked pretty quickly, including by yourself,

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Are you recommending we only read and comment on posts we agree with? 

No, but I'm recommending that if negative posts like this trigger you and you don't like reading them, then simply don't read them. By arguing on the negative posts you become part of the problem as well.

11 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

In fact I’d say a lot more leeway is being given here to controversial posts than on the P3D or XP forums where I’ve seen threads criticizing the sims or comparing them to MSFS locked pretty quickly, including by yourself,

Threads that get locked all follow the same pattern. It's normally 3-4 users bickering and taking over an otherwise good discussion, as happened with the XP11 feature request one. My and others' requests for people to ignore trolls and get back on topic was continually ignored.

Believe it or not, many of us don't mind criticism and ranting, no matter what simulator it is. People take it way too personally.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Any outsider visiting this forum and doesn't know the users involved would come away with the impression that everyone here is a crazed fanatic who hates any criticism.

This is a misrepresentation. Nobody is bothered by criticism per se. It's the way that criticism is worded that's the problem.

Compare the two following statements:

1. The Citation Longitude's fuel tanks are too small, hence the flight model is off. In addition, opening the VFR map crashes the sim

and

2. Asobo is incompetent! This is just a money grab from Microsoft! The patches were never tested. I'm done with this scenery simulator!

Now, which statement do you think is more likely to invite civil discussion?

In addition, a lot of folks, for example, complain about CTDs but never supply supporting information like dxdiag or the Windows Event Viewer error logs.

Criticism without falsifiable evidence is not productive.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tonywob said:

No, but I'm recommending that if negative posts like this trigger you and you don't like reading them, then simply don't read them. By arguing on the negative posts you become part of the problem as well.

Ok, I don’t really see the distinction. Basically you’re saying ‘If you don’t like it, don’t read or comment’, leaving us the option of only reading or commenting on stuff we like.

9 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Believe it or not, many of us don't mind criticism and ranting, no matter what simulator it is. People take it way too personally

I agree with that wholeheartedly. But I don’t see that the normal moderation tools and forum rules aren’t already sufficient. I quite like the leeway given to criticism and ranting on this forum. And I would appreciate the freedom to disagree with it within the forum rules.

30 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

2. Asobo is incompetent! This is just a money grab from Microsoft! The patches were never tested. I'm done with this scenery simulator!

Now, which statement do you think is more likely to invite civil discussion?

In addition, a lot of folks, for example, complain about CTDs but never supply supporting information like dxdiag or the Windows Event Viewer error logs.

Criticism without falsifiable evidence is not productive.

Maybe I'm just used to this. As a scenery developer for many years I'm well used to comments like this, often directed at me or the company I'm working for, along with crazy conspiracy theories and other similar things. In fact, you'd have to be new to the internet to not see this almost everywhere. Some posts simply aren't worth replying to.. I doubt such posts bother Asobo either. 

Whilst I understand your point, I don't understand why people then feel the need to argue or post sarcastic remarks to the OP. When I see posts like this (on any forum), all I leave the forum with is the impression that people feel personally upset or attacked by it (i.e. Fanatics). 

Not everyone is enjoying the sim and some people just have an 'interesting" way of showing it. 

28 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Ok, I don’t really see the distinction. Basically you’re saying ‘If you don’t like it, don’t read or comment’, leaving us the option of only reading or commenting on stuff we like.

...well if you don't like something, why would you read it?. I don't read books I don't like, or watch films I don't like. If you want to counter-argument negative posts then that is different than just ranting that you hate reading about them. You evidently don't mind such posts and also taking part in debating it... so carry on... my comment is for people who complain that they hate such posts in the first place and feel the need to rant about the fact that they hate posts like this. You have a choice not to read or comment on it 🙂, the same way the OP has a choice to uninstall MFS and walk away

• Like 1