Sign in to follow this  
DarkMantle

Is it me or is the 787 completely useless and unflyable?

4 hours ago, Boomer said:

junk, utter junk.  Awaiting the QW 787.

Don't expect QW 787 to be some PMDG/FS Labs type level of an aircraft, it has it's issues also with the ap. I agree on the default being worthless though.

Edited by jbdbow1970

9 hours ago, canuk22 said:

So AP in HDG mode does not work on it's own?

No, everything works.

This is the correct configuration to operate the A/P in manual mode:

A/P on - VNAV, LNAV off

Then set the HDG knob (push to confirm), ALT and VS to the desired values.

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

4 hours ago, Boomer said:

junk, utter junk.  Awaiting the QW 787.

No it isn't, seems you not fly this plane more than 1h you should spend more time with it .

It flyes pretty well and for a stock Airplane well done and working. ( shure not study Level )

So have fun to wait for the QW 787 maybe another year ..🙂

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

With the 787XE mod installed

Any chance of a link to this? I have never flown it, not even once, based on the bad rep. Maybe I will give it a try if there is a mod....... With a sim update due out very soon, maybe it will get some Asobo love.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

When this thread was first posted, I said I was having issues with the 787.  Everything has since been ironed out, I fly it all the time and I can get it to do whatever I want.  I'm not a real pilot so I can't say whether it is exactly like the real thing, but for a sim-pilot, it certainly does the job.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

Any chance of a link to this? I have never flown it, not even once, based on the bad rep. Maybe I will give it a try if there is a mod....... With a sim update due out very soon, maybe it will get some Asobo love.

https://github.com/lmk02/B787-XE

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 4:59 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Defensive much? 

OP wants a 787, he can get high quality one now from Quality Wings for P3D V5.x, fully function and doesn't typically go inverted and most systems actually work. 

But please do tell me when QW will bring their 787 into MSFS?  I haven't heard any announcement for delivery date from QW ... Q4 2021, 2022, 2023?

My post was about providing a solution for the OP, not about reading a crystal ball nor artificially limiting oneself to a platform "just because".

Cheers, Rob.

Does the P3D sim have a default 787? It took a while before QW had it ready for P3D I think v4 it was finally released? Yeah I wouldn't be too chippy.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

On 4/5/2021 at 4:18 PM, pmplayer said:

This plane works and flys just fine for me.

I flown for shure around 80h with this plane

using a mod from flightsim.to and would say there are no problems for me at all.

VNav, LNav capturing ILS down to the Runway all works pretty fine for me..

cheers 😉

Cannot find the mod at flightsim.to, is there other location ?

Thanks

I used it to complete the LFBD to KSEA challenge, but had many issues during the flight.  It's an absolute miracle I made it.  Then someone pointed me to the XE mod, which did improve it, but I think I'll be sticking to the A32NX until someone comes out with a proper (i.e. payware) 787.  Now as soon as FBW gets VNAV finished (which seems imminent, even though they have almost a religious fervor about not disclosing release dates, or even broad timeframes), and Navigraph in the cockpit (which also seems imminent) it will probably be close to "finished".  As if these kinds of things are ever finished.

And I just saw that they released the RC for the version 6 stable version, so hopefully now that is done, these other things will move up the priority list.  Wow, that's a lot about the A32NX in a 787 thread lol...

The first rule of the flight club, no one talk about the 787

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Get the 737 or the Freeware A330. My fav 2 aircrafts. Recently with Salty 747 Mod, the 747 flies pretty decent too.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I am using the B78XH mod, its a great mod for the 787 .

Do a search at flightsim.to for that newest , should be V. 0.1.8

Search for B78XH and you should be fine to find..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

On 4/6/2021 at 7:17 AM, Ricardo41 said:

With the 787XE mod installed, I've done a few flights. All went off without too many problems. AT, lnav, vnav, etc. work. A few quirks here and there. It's a default airplane. 

6 hours ago, pmplayer said:

I am using the B78XH mod, its a great mod for the 787 .

Do a search at flightsim.to for that newest , should be V. 0.1.8

Search for B78XH and you should be fine to find..

cheers 😉

Are these 2 mods compatible and complementary?
Thanks!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Just now, David Roch said:

Are these 2 mods compatible and complementary?
Thanks!

I am not shure but i don`t think so, i never used this two together but you can ask on there Github pages.

I didn`t used the 787XE mod now a long time ago..

cheers 😉

spacer.png

Thanks! 😉
Will give the B78XH mod a try.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.