Sign in to follow this  
XMAN

Autumn trees

Screenshot request , can i get one somewhere over Northeast  America , i want to see the different colors , thanks for any replies

19 hours ago, XMAN said:

Screenshot request , can i get one somewhere over Northeast  America , i want to see the different colors , thanks for any replies

Not in the new sim....if that's what you're wondering.

P3D or FSX has different tree colors

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, XMAN said:

I didnt know that , i saw shots with snow though

It's only dynamic snow like in FSX. The ground gets covered when it's snowing, but there are no seasonal textures in MSFS. Considering that the textures are streamed from remote servers, unless MS fixes this, the sim will be an endless summer.

Endless summer?  Eh , i think i would be tired of green , haha  

They're planning seasons. They said in order to do it properly it will take time. I am satisfied with this approach and I hope you guys are as well. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

On 10/9/2020 at 5:20 PM, XMAN said:

Endless summer?  Eh , i think i would be tired of green , haha  

Unless, you fly in the tropics... or near tropics... I fly mostly in Florida and we have two seasons Summer and Summer Lite...

• Like 4

On 10/9/2020 at 2:22 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

It's only dynamic snow like in FSX. The ground gets covered when it's snowing, but there are no seasonal textures in MSFS. Considering that the textures are streamed from remote servers, unless MS fixes this, the sim will be an endless summer.

What? You can change snow coverage at any time.

• Upvote 1

I have a strong suspicion we are going to see seasons soon. Asobo have been mentioning it here and there for ages and showed a real-time snow accumulation video last December or thereabouts. I reckon they'll drop it as a fairly last minute surprise in one of the updates this side of Christmas. Of course, I might be completely wrong but I have a feeling it will come sooner rather than later. It would be a different team developing it than those focusing on the bugs fixes (before someone says that's the main priority right now).

• Like 1

I think they mentioned early in development that they will add seasons eventually

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

On 10/9/2020 at 12:22 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

What? It's nothing like FSX because it uses shaders. With the snow settings, buildings, trees and roads get dynamically covered based on snow depth...

their trees appear to have volumetric clouds of leaves so I suspect they'll be able to produce some pretty good looking fall foliage whenever they do get around to it.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

If it was just trees it would probably already be in. They need to figure it how to modify the ground textures as well. Winter trees with green farm fields just wouldn’t look right at all for instance (areas not cold enough for snow in winter for example). 

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro