Sign in to follow this  
billkirk888

App icon - random behavior

I've noticed when I click the Microsoft Simulator icon, sometimes the game launches, other times it takes me to the Microsoft Store and I have to launch the game from there.  I'm not doing anything other than clicking the same icon each time (which is a shortcut from the start menu).  It seems completely random.  Anyone else experience this, and know of a fix?

On 10/8/2020 at 8:33 PM, billkirk888 said:

I've noticed when I click the Microsoft Simulator icon, sometimes the game launches, other times it takes me to the Microsoft Store and I have to launch the game from there.  I'm not doing anything other than clicking the same icon each time (which is a shortcut from the start menu).  It seems completely random.  Anyone else experience this, and know of a fix?

do you still see this behavior? Did you try to (re)create the shortcut from the start menu after the latest patch 1.9.5? Else you may report it as bug to zendesk 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I will re-create the desktop icon and re try.  What is odd is it seems to be random.  I would say about 1/2 the time it opens the MS store, the other half it opens the sim.  I will try and report back.  I did notice someone else started a similar topic.  It was suggested they try the "quick start" method.  I may opt for that if the new desktop icon continues to be an issue.

Same thing occurs.  In fact, I created a "fast launch" shortcut which simply runs the executable with a trigger to bypass the initial credit screens, and that does the same too.  First time I launched today, it took me to the MS store.  Second time it launched flight sim.  Odd.

Odd. I know what you mean. Sometimes I get CTD when launching MSFS before ever reaching the main menu - sometimes not. Sometimes the is a black screen during launch right after the first Mount Fuji splash screen - sometimes not 

these inconsistencies will give Asobo a hard time to find the culprit and get them fixed I am afraid 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"