Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 8th, 2020 - Development Update

Also, my wife has threatened me with the intervention thing, and I'm probably well south of 1000 hours.

• Like 1

Time for a sea cruise.

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

35 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

2. As there are 8,760 hours in a calendar year, that means his total simming time exceeds one year in length, which is a lot of hours even for a RW pilot

Over a period of 34 years that is a scant 250 hours a year.  My most intense hours were from 1991 through 1998 with subLogic's Flight Assignment; ATP and Sunair, Airways of Imagination, the first virtual airline, founded on the Prodigy network and later migrated to Compuserve, and then to the web.  I logged about 8 hours a week over that time span.  Usually a roundtrip from STL to LAX each week, and a weekly roundtrip from Indianapolis to New Orleans.  Some weeks a flight from Philadelphia to St Louis.

Oddly enough, my hours since retirement, as you can see, have been a bit sporadic from year to year.  Retirement travel has been a significant limiter.  With this pandemic I may once again reach the 400 hour plateau.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 7

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

Why is it that some of the most discussed issues are not even mentioned?  Logbook issues and editing?  10° issue with flight controls.  Feature to change position airport without returning to Main Menu.  Missing RNAV approaches in the Garmin avionics (or database).  Are they not paying attention to where the energy has been to assemble mods to overcome native issues?

Today I completed two flights and the logbook shows no landings and the destinations are grass strips 25 to 30 miles from the airports I landed at.

lol!  Read the post literally directly above yours...

5 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I wonder if they continue improve weather, especially surface winds which are off even when ATIS report correct weather

Post this in the official forum under the bugs or wishlist section and let people upvote it.  If it gets upvoted to the top, it will get on Asobo's radar and it will become a priority for them to fix.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

8 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Major sim-breaking bugs pegged to Update 9, or pegged to "Backlog".

Come back in a year when this word not allowed is either done, or MS has defunded the whole thing and word not allowedcanned it like they did with MS Flight

Get back under your bridge!

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

10 hours ago, marsman2020 said: [...]

Get back under your bridge!

Better: Under your rock - there are no bridges on Mars 😉 

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Some of the confusion may be due to the gap from "Update 4" to "Update 9."  At first glance, it would seem to imply that the fixes would be five months from now. 

Of course, the main question is "How many NEW bugs will they introduce this time?"

Edited by JDWalley
  • Like 2

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

21 minutes ago, JDWalley said:

Some of the confusion may be due to the gap from "Update 4" to "Update 9."  At first glance, it would seem to imply that the fixes would be five months from now. 

Of course, the main question is "How many NEW bugs will they introduce this time?"

They discussed trying to do too much, too quickly on the twitch tv session they did and their plans to do more regression testing.  I am encouraged by the roadmap and the sense of direction.  Folks may not agree with the timing of some of the fixes and research, but they also don’t want more bugs created.  I have never had this much fun with a flight sim and it has encouraged me to read more on better flying and realistic procedures, so I am focusing on my tasks in the cockpit, not an occasional gas station that became a 4 story building.

Edited by FrankR409
  • Like 3

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

Looking good so far, and as for me i would see they make the big Airliners ( 787,747-8 ) more and better ( avionics , code for AP and landing )  flyable as it is now

but seems not with this update - the other thing; who really knows....😏

regards 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I quite like the new feedback snapshots. Now we have a rough idea about when to expect what. I much appreciate this level of transparency. I understand that having updates only every 14 days might be a bit frustrating for some, especially if your sim‘s gravely affected by bugs, but all in all I think it makes sense as it gives them more time to thoroughly test the patches before they release them. I‘m positively surprised to see that they‘ve planned to update the night lighting/sepia mask this month. I didn’t expect it to be fixed that soon. 

• Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I think it also shows the move mentioned in the last dev update where they woould try to use 1 update a month for bug fixes and 1 per month for new stuff (with a few fixes where they are solid)...   this seems to be the first of the bug fix and SDK updates without that much additional content...

This implies that Updates 5/7/9 will be bug fixes and 6/8/10 are likely to be more content based, but still getting 2 a month   (as per their last dev update)  so I see 5 as 2 weeks time, 7 in November and 9 in December.

I think the transparency is great and shows that they are listening to the upvoting on the officialforums for priority.

Lets face it.. that's where they are getting their primary info from, so that makes sense.

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

This is a flight simulator so how MS and Asobo select priorities for improving the aircraft side of the sim ?

30 "bugs" in total are listed. Some actually are not bugs but dumbed down features. 37% are related to aircraft and avionics. Asobo works these days mostly on the new bugs which came up after the first updates. The dumbed down features are unfortunately not a priority .   

2 newly created bugs are fixed in U4  :  Black avionics screens, A320 left engine dying

5 may be fixed before early 2021 (U5 & U9) but the work on some has yet not started(NS) with the potential of further delays : Garmin and autopilot issues (U9 NS), A320 swaying (U5 WIP), Airbus issues after 1830 (U9 NS), Dolphin dance (U5 or U9 WIP), the flight control sensitivity issue(U5 NS - it is correlated to the inertia issue nowhere to be found)

4 appear not a priority : Turboprop logic, Cessna Longitude (a payware) performance issues, missing RNAV in avionics, mouse stopping to interact with the cockpit issue. 

I wish that after U9, the turboprop logic becomes  at last a priority.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Sorry but I don’t see anything fantastic about this update. Very few things have been fixed with way too much work in progress or not started. At this rate it’ll be years for the devs to catch up to something resembling a polished end product. Simply not good enough for the retail price charged. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

Sorry but I don’t see anything fantastic about this update. Very few things have been fixed with way too much work in progress or not started. At this rate it’ll be years for the devs to catch up to something resembling a polished end product. Simply not good enough for the retail price charged. 

I agree.

A320 autopilot now unusable after last patch.

Cessna Cj4 autopilot and speed display gives up the ghost at altitude.

Lots more things wrong as well, especially with the jets.

And these things won't be addressed until the ninth update?

Too many MSFS fans here, its only the GA aircraft that are reasonably flyable now.

Its one step forward, and two steps backwards with this sim/game.

I feel like I've been had!😒

Edited by seamaster55
  • Like 1