Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo Mod RELEASED

I tried it out, weird thing happened, when I started the engine, the airplane flipped upside down and went for a cruise upside down on the ground at about 100 miles an hour...Granted I didn’t do any trouble shooting, but I will try it again and see what happens.

either way, thank you for the work put into this, it’s very much appreciated when people take their own personal, valuable time and pump out these mods at no cost to us!!! kudos to you!

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

7 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

I tried it out, weird thing happened, when I started the engine, the airplane flipped upside down and went for a cruise upside down on the ground at about 100 miles an hour...Granted I didn’t do any trouble shooting, but I will try it again and see what happens.

either way, thank you for the work put into this, it’s very much appreciated when people take their own personal, valuable time and pump out these mods at no cost to us!!! kudos to you!

Do you have any other mods running?

Did you read the bit (in the docs and in the description at the top of this thread) to take the precaution of full moving all your controls to the stops and back before flying. I've tested this until my eyeballs are popping out and I have never seen any flipping or odd behaviour. Can you please take me through what you have installed if any other mods. Did you start the engine with a tiny bit of throttle (as per docs)?

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

This looks awesome, I just started an around the world flight in a Bonanza (using the G36 Improvement mod)....but maybe my aircraft will receive a magical turbo conversion at the next layover 😉

Will test and report back, understand that support may be somewhat limited.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Hey Rob, thanks for this.  Not sure if you know but this overrides the original G36 which is fine but the description specs needs to get updated with the new performance and range.  When I choose the G36 Turbo the old specs are still there outside of the title. For example cruise speed is no longer 176kts.  It's much more than that now.

Hi Dillon. It indeed does over-ride the default Bonanza settings for as long as you have the mod in your community folder. That's what mods do:)  The description of specs are updated - in your profile/hanger. When you click on any livery a prompt appears at the bottom of the screen - "SEE SPECIFICATIONS". The specs have been changed to suit the mod and its higher speeds.

When you say the old specs are there "outside of the title" what do you mean please?.

Edited by robert young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

6 minutes ago, robert young said:

Have you read the 18 page pdf doc which explains in great detail what the mod does?

In the famous words of Joe Biden ‘C’ome on Man’, I’ve been around this scene just as long as you have. Of course I know what Mods do and/or is...  I had a conflict with another G36 Mod I had installed, that was the problem.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Just now, Dillon said:

In the famous words of Joe Biden ‘C’ome on Man’, I’ve been around this scene just as long as you have. Of course I know what Mods do and/or is...  I had a conflict with another G36 Mod I had installed, that was the problem.

OK - apologies, but you started by asking me if I was aware what a mod does, so maybe we both got our legs crossed. So the other mod was giving you the "old" specifications. BTW the doc is useful as it explains in detail what the mod is capable of. It is of use to old hands as well as new. I hope you enjoy it.

Very Nice!

Thanks

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

21 minutes ago, robert young said:

Do you have any other mods running?

Did you read the bit (in the docs and in the description at the top of this thread) to take the precaution of full moving all your controls to the stops and back before flying. I've tested this until my eyeballs are popping out and I have never seen any flipping or odd behaviour. Can you please take me through what you have installed if any other mods. Did you start the engine with a tiny bit of throttle (as per docs)?

Hi Robert, I don’t doubt that it’s a working mod, it’s definitely something I’m doing at my end. Besides, I’m a male, I don’t read instructions until something like this happens and I absolutely have too lol..

I don’t have many mods installed at all, none for the bonanza, only other mods are a Niagara Falls mod, the liveries mega pack mod, G1000 mod that’s going around as well as a tbm G3000 mod (new g3000) style upgrade. that’s about it.

I will give it another shot, I will do as you mentioned, and I will read up a little, I will report back.

thansk again 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

2 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Hi Robert, I don’t doubt that it’s a working mod, it’s definitely something I’m doing at my end. Besides, I’m a male, I don’t read instructions until something like this happens and I absolutely have too lol..

I don’t have many mods installed at all, none for the bonanza, only other mods are a Niagara Falls mod, the liveries mega pack mod, G1000 mod that’s going around as well as a tbm G3000 mod (new g3000) style upgrade. that’s about it.

I will give it another shot, I will do as you mentioned, and I will read up a little, I will report back.

thansk again 

OK - let's hope it was a one-off event 😉

It should work fine with the working title G1000 mod, though you need the Bonanza template (which I think is included anyway).

Edited by robert young

Just took her for a spin. Everything as advertised. The only thing is flaps light position indicator blinks and doesn't stay lit (in transition light works though). Not sure if it was like that by default or not.

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Just now, sd_flyer said:

Just took her for a spin. Everything as advertised. The only thing is flaps light position indicator blinks and doesn't stay lit (in transition light works though). Not sure if it was like that by default or not.

I didn't touch the flap routine. You can temporarily move the mod and see if the default does the same thing. I can't remember if it does or not.

Just now, robert young said:

I didn't touch the flap routine. You can temporarily move the mod and see if the default does the same thing. I can't remember if it does or not.

Its ok I don't care! I LOL used to fly airplane with no flaps indicator and have to count seconds to get approximate angles! LOL Visually flaps works fine

Excellent job Sir thank you for your hard work. And I please do take care of your health !

P.S. I had to remove another G36 mode just to avoid conflicts 

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Its ok I don't care! I LOL used to fly airplane with no flaps indicator and have to count seconds to get approximate angles! LOL Visually flaps works fine

Excellent job Sir thank you for your hard work. And I please do take care of your health !

P.S. I had to remove another G36 mode just to avoid conflicts 

Glad you like it. Yes, dual mods for the same aircraft won't work as it confuses the sim, unless it is the excellent G1000 mod which works fine. I didn't touch that gauge - only the engine settings.

30 minutes ago, robert young said:

OK - let's hope it was a one-off event 😉

It should work fine with the working title G1000 mod, though you need the Bonanza template (which I think is included anyway).

She flies beautifully now (flew a couple circuits)..Only thing I did different was move all the control surfaces in every direction before even turning on the battery, Not sure if that was it but it worked! Very well done, I appreciate your 150+ hours of work put into this(see I did read the second time around lol) and hats off to you..I can’t wait to take her on a small cross country flight around my area and put her through it’s paces!

Edited by flyinpilot212121

I love it, the only thing I can't figure out are two ghost lights reflected off the wings when  flood light is on

unknown.png?width=2307&height=1298