Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo Mod RELEASED

52 minutes ago, Bunchy said:

Rob, quite simply brilliant.

I took her for a spin from EGBO to EGCK (Wolverhampton to Caernarfon)

I would never have guessed you are a Dingle! 😁

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

RealAir Lives. Thanks Robert, just like old times, except better.  This G36 Bonanza Turbo is worth the price of admission if nothing else worked in MSFS.  Just like the Real Air of old: great detailed aircraft, outstanding flight dynamics, great detailed manual, detailed list of mods, based on an existing real world airplane with a real world turbo normalizer mod, "how to" galore - slider settings, mixture operation, preferred settings, optimal speeds and altitude, best operation, Performance Tables, Acrobatic instructions - How to spin a Bonanza. Ease of installation, works with other existing mods (G1000). Section on things to avoid and best of all, it is FREE.

Includes personal technical support from a sick bed and hints on a small update to clean up a few gremlins.  What more could one wish for?

RA_2020.JPG.ac9bbc01b5a47c6e923b1644c1bb15ee.JPG

Thanks for this surprise comeback, Robert.  We all miss RealAir and I missed writing the Avsim reviews. Every single Real Air review that I authored earned the coveted Avsim Gold Star - that surely is a record that will never be broken. If Asobo had any stars at all, you would get the first one.

Best Regards,

Ray

• Like 11

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

1 hour ago, robert young said:

Let me know how you get on.

Hi Robert,

Update, its all working fine now, but after countless restarts of MSF on this old PC its taken a long time to sort out.

The main reason your Mod did not work was, the livery addon I had installed. (thank you Stoopy) after I removed that, all was well, well not "all"

Now this is what was happening. Start a flight on the runway, as you know that's all ready to go. I swiped my controls, all good. But when I went into controls to make a custom control for Warthog even without changing anything just renaming a new file. All controls are lost. Even if I changed back to default, nothing worked.

Exit sim, change back controllers to default, load sim, load the 152, make new control fig, set, all good.

Exit sim load your mod with default controls, make new control fig, all controls lost.

At this point I was going to give up. But one last idea!

Loaded flight at a GA stand (my normal way to start) Plane C&D. Swiped controls, started engines, made a new control fig, all worked fine. Reboot sim, load from C&D, all seems good.

Well that's 3 hours I wont get back, lol. Now to do a flight.🙂

So, thank you very much for your work I now look forward to enjoying it. But more importantly, I wish you good heath Robert.

One last thing, if you could please make these addon liveries work with your addon that would be truly really  wonderful. I did try adding the old fsx way but it did not work. link to them

https://www.msfsaddons.org/liveries/tiagos-pack or http://www.allflightmods.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020/g36-livery-pack/

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

39 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I would never have guessed you are a Dingle! 😁

Ha Ha Ha. I get you.

• Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Hi Robert,

Update, its all working fine now, but after countless restarts of MSF on this old PC its taken a long time to sort out.

The main reason your Mod did not work was, the livery addon I had installed. (thank you Stoopy) after I removed that, all was well, well not "all"

https://www.msfsaddons.org/liveries/tiagos-pack or http://www.allflightmods.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020/g36-livery-pack/

I can confirm also that the liveries are not compatible.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi Robert, just another quick post to say thanks for this, did a quick flight between Denver and Aspen, aircraft behaved flawlessly, great work.

cheers

Steve

Hi Rob - I know for many mods on the Nexus sites people have a 'Donate' option set up to allow downloaders to show some thanks for the hard work and time of the modder.

Do you have any way of donating? I'm very appreciative that you did this for all of us and would be happy to show it more than just saying 'Thank You'. 😊

• Upvote 1

@robert young

Rob-

You will notice from my prior postings, I have been quite an avid supporter of MSFS. High level aircraft producers are waiting for the SDK, but in a few months they will end up producing fantastic aircraft for this new simulator. I was therefore content, except for one thing. The thought that I would never be able to fly my RealAir aircraft in MSFS.

Your mod file, has put a smile on my face, and hope in my heart. Please concentrate on your health, but when you are able, there are legions of loyal fans waiting to support any commercial aircraft endeavor you would ever consider.

For a few moments last night, I was once again in a superlative GA aircraft, with well harmonized controls, and expected performance.  It was reminiscent of the feeling you and Sean always gave me with every purchase.

So great to fly your electrons once more!  I am happy to donate my time to work at getting your files on GitHub or elsewhere- just say the word.

Ta- C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

6 hours ago, DJJose said:

Has anyone else experienced issues downloading mods from the Nexus Mods site?

3WypLLZ.jpg

The message comes up a lot. It came up when I first tried to download Rob's mod. I went back and it went away. Now it's back again. It's why I avoid the site.

It only caps your download speed. You can download as much data as you want on the free account.

nexus.png

nexus1.png

Edited by espent
  • Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

58 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I can confirm also that the liveries are not compatible.

The new liveries are great and not that this effort needs anything additional, but just out of personal interest this weekend I am going to take a stab at merging the other liveries in with this mod, just so I can have my personal livery with walnut burl panel back.  Per the terms of the download agreement though, anything I come up with will stay on my computer only since I do understand we do not need to make his life complicated!  🙂

0gAgzjT.png

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Interesting how a free mod is better than the paid alternative. Granted Rob was part of a great 3PD team, but still! 

Maybe this is the start of a Renaissance of quality freeware aircraft...

Thanks again Rob for your excellent contribution to all our enjoyment!

• Like 1

One more thing ☝️ 

If the TBM could get such tender loving care from anyone in the community that would be awesome...

...not directed at you Rob. You have already gone above and beyond...

• Like 1

Speaking of liveries.  I would like to challenge our elite repainters to add a couple of slightly more subtle repaints for the Bonanza.  How about these two?  The colors are just fine, and the lines are a bit more conservative. Alternates could have the big B or the tail or not.  I like them both ways.

709323986_repaintrequest-1.JPG.f2d22805cfd7cc5684673872668d5da3.JPG

456260105_repaintrequest.JPG.a95b4277b010755cfa498f2352d7b1de.JPG

Like giving blood, "I would if I could", but, I can't.  

Regards,

Ray

• Like 3

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .