Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo Mod RELEASED

23 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Yea its a bug, the changing on the QNH, on the fly, before hitting your target altitude, messes with the AP. what i do is go back to pitch mode just a few seconds, set my STD QNH, then hit FLC again. The AP doesnt like when VS or FLC is armed while you change the baro settings.

Thanks but this doesn't work at my end. It was fine in G36 Improvement Project.

Rob, thanks for this mod. It's top range payware quality now. I appreciate the hard work you've done in your difficult time. I hope the donations help you to recover from this. 

So have a rest, enjoy your plane and take care yourself. 

My best wishes 

Mick

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

1 hour ago, Micko said:

Rob, thanks for this mod. It's top range payware quality now. I appreciate the hard work you've done in your difficult time. I hope the donations help you to recover from this. 

So have a rest, enjoy your plane and take care yourself. 

My best wishes 

Mick

Thanks Mick. I get good days and bad. Working on this mod takes my mind off the illness.

• Like 7

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

This really is a fantastic plane. Had a go last night and it was the first plane that felt right to me. If you enjoy this please donate. I am going to right now. 

Edit: Done

Edited by RobJC

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

10 minutes ago, RobJC said:

This really is a fantastic plane. Had a go last night and it was the first plane that felt right to me. If you enjoy this please donate. I am going to right now. 

Edit: Done

Thanks so much for your comments, and donation. Really appreciated.

• Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

12 hours ago, robert young said:

That's a very individual livery. My very first solo was in a yellow aircraft - a condor tail dragger  (similar to the more modern scout).

@Greazer had posted a link to some very colorful liveries (some maybe a bit too colorful):  https://flightsim.to/c/liveries/beechcraft-bonanza

Some are very good though and I'm up to about 30 good liveries in my collection.  A few need some tweaking.

You're certainly welcome to the walnut burl panel I created if you plan on a V2 release of this mod,  It classes things up just a bit more. 🙂

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Just now, Stoopy said:

@Greazer had posted a link to some very colorful liveries (some maybe a bit too colorful):  https://flightsim.to/c/liveries/beechcraft-bonanza

Some are very good though and I'm up to about 30 good liveries in my collection.  A few need some tweaking.

You're certainly welcome to the walnut burl panel I created if you plan on a V2 release of this mod,  It classes things up just a bit more. 🙂

I'll see if I can do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Anyone else having this issue during engine start, seems intermittent.  So I start cold and dark throttle all the way back, prop full forward, mixture off PARKING BRAKE ON.  I start the engine ready to engage the mixture and the aircraft just leaps forward does a cartwheel like I'm on full power with no brake??  All my controls are fully calibrated and I have never seen this behaviour with any other aircraft.

Thomas Derbyshire

6 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Anyone else having this issue during engine start, seems intermittent.  So I start cold and dark throttle all the way back, prop full forward, mixture off PARKING BRAKE ON.  I start the engine ready to engage the mixture and the aircraft just leaps forward does a cartwheel like I'm on full power with no brake??  All my controls are fully calibrated and I have never seen this behaviour with any other aircraft.

Yes - ran into that just last night - odd thing, and purely anecdotal at this point, is that it was happening when starting from a very high altitude airport (Leadville CO, so around 10K feet), and only stopped when I had the mixture set appropriately (by basically guessing), on start up - so the mixture was very lean, but not off - was also having very, very touchy prop-rpm axis operation  on my Saitek throttle quad, and had to revert to using the virtual cockpit lever for RPM - both odd behaviors went away, when I moved to start flying from lower altitude starting points  - was still experimenting with this problem and was going to wait to mention it, until I saw your post...

Finally got time to take this plane up for a full flight and landing and what a joy to fly.  Approach is super smooth.  Just a little change on the throttle and it stays right on the glideslope.  Everything is predictable and smooth.  Such a joy to hand fly.  

Combining this with the G1000 mod is a great combo.  Finally now I have something I can really get into and enjoy flying.  

Thank you so much for all the hard work that goes into this.  Most importantly, I wish you all the best with your health.  

• Like 1

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

33 minutes ago, flapsdown said:

Yes - ran into that just last night - odd thing, and purely anecdotal at this point, is that it was happening when starting from a very high altitude airport (Leadville CO, so around 10K feet), and only stopped when I had the mixture set appropriately (by basically guessing), on start up - so the mixture was very lean, but not off - was also having very, very touchy prop-rpm axis operation  on my Saitek throttle quad, and had to revert to using the virtual cockpit lever for RPM - both odd behaviors went away, when I moved to start flying from lower altitude starting points  - was still experimenting with this problem and was going to wait to mention it, until I saw your post...

Thanks, in my case I was at pretty low altitude airfields so that might be a red herring....?

Thomas Derbyshire

4 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Thanks, in my case I was at pretty low altitude airfields so that might be a red herring....?

Yeah, it could very well be that once I changed locations for another flight that something "reset" - I am going to go back to the same airport when I get a chance later today and see what happens...

...but, while I stayed at the Leadville airport, it was happening every time I tried to restart there, so we will see...

Edited by flapsdown

51 minutes ago, flapsdown said:

Yeah, it could very well be that once I changed locations for another flight that something "reset" - I am going to go back to the same airport when I get a chance later today and see what happens...

...but, while I stayed at the Leadville airport, it was happening every time I tried to restart there, so we will see...

I restarted the sim and it was fine, by the way I was trying to start up at EKCH.  Maybe its something to do with the position of your throttle at the World map, I dunno could be clutching at straws but I think my throttle was forward when I set the flight up.  Once loaded in the aircraft I moved it back to idle before engine start, maybe there is a bug where the aircraft thinks you have full throttle when you clearly don't?  Either way restarting the sim fixed the problem.  Certainly a strange one!

Thomas Derbyshire

45 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

I restarted the sim and it was fine, by the way I was trying to start up at EKCH.  Maybe its something to do with the position of your throttle at the World map, I dunno could be clutching at straws but I think my throttle was forward when I set the flight up.  Once loaded in the aircraft I moved it back to idle before engine start, maybe there is a bug where the aircraft thinks you have full throttle when you clearly don't?  Either way restarting the sim fixed the problem.  Certainly a strange one!

There seems to be something up ( at least for me, pun intended), at KLXV (Leadville, CO) - starting from any parking spot, so cold and dark - I reset all controls, both flight surfaces and all throttle quad axis, like Rob instructs - at start, throttle barely cracked, prop-rpm full forward, mixture slightly rich to altitude, parking brake set, turn the key, and away she goes, a run away train straight to a "cartwheel crash" - on the following restart, no run away, but it's very hard to get the engine running, and the I have the same prop-rpm axis over sensitivity as before. After getting back on the ground at KGWS (Glenwood Springs, CO), the plane's behavior pretty much returns to "normal" - it is some interesting flying to be sure....

Edited by flapsdown

38 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

I'll look into this. It happened once to me but not since. I have noticed that some runways appear to have a hole in them that is unseen.

• Like 1