Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo Mod RELEASED

1 hour ago, flapsdown said:

There seems to be something up ( at least for me, pun intended), at KLXV (Leadville, CO) - starting from any parking spot, so cold and dark - I reset all controls, both flight surfaces and all throttle quad axis, like Rob instructs - at start, throttle barely cracked, prop-rpm full forward, mixture slightly rich to altitude, parking brake set, turn the key, and away she goes, a run away train straight to a "cartwheel crash" - on the following restart, no run away, but it's very hard to get the engine running, and the I have the same prop-rpm axis over sensitivity as before. After getting back on the ground at KGWS (Glenwood Springs, CO), the plane's behavior pretty much returns to "normal" - it is some interesting flying to be sure....

Well, at this point, I think I am leaning toward some kind of random first time load jankiness of MSFS2020 - I have made several flights now out of KLXV and the aircraft has "woken up", started and flown flawlessly all but one additional time now - but if it ever loads "wrong", simply taking the offered restart at the end of a "crash" doesn't cut it for me, I have to back all the way out to the desktop and come back to be sure of better behavior. Since KLXV is my "home" airport 70% plus of the time, I assume I was just lucking out as it were, and getting occurrences of the issue there more often than not...

Edited by flapsdown

Fantastic mod though so far really enjoying this one.  I think more than anything I really love the PDF documentation which clear shows the authors passion and attention to detail - just fabulous!

• Like 3

Thomas Derbyshire

8 minutes ago, flapsdown said:

Well, at this point, I think I am leaning toward some kind of random first time load jankiness of MSFS2020 - I have made several flights now out of KLXV and the aircraft has "woken up", started and flown flawlessly all but one additional time now - but if it ever loads "wrong", simply taking the offered restart at the end of a "crash" doesn't cut it for me, I have to back all the way out to the desktop and come back to be sure of better behavior. Since KLXV is my "home" airport 70% plus of the time, I assume I was just lucking out as it were, and getting occurrences of the issue there more often than not...

It has happened consistently if I try to start the plane with mixture cutoff or extremely lean. 

Cheers :)

N.-

6 minutes ago, neucoas said:

It has happened consistently if I try to start the plane with mixture cutoff or extremely lean. 

Hmm, given that I had been leaning the mixture pretty severely due to the altitude of KLXV, perhaps there is a connection there after all - I honestly don't remember if I was doing that as much on this recent set of flights (circumstantial evidence would indicate I wasn't perhaps),  but I am going to go back now and try this to see what happens...

Edited by flapsdown

23 minutes ago, neucoas said:

Absolutely on the money neucoas - when I lean very severely for the altitude (once again around 10,000 feet), just about 80% of the time, the plane cartwheel crashed on the start up - if totally leaned out, it crashes every single time. I am guessing that the for the 80% of the times it ran away on start on my aggressive lean, I probably have the intermittent signal fluctuations from my fine Saitek throttle quad to thank for those incidents... 😜 

...I will now be consistently less aggressive with my leaning for high altitude start ups...

Cheers!

I had a flight today and got the plane up to 24,000 feet. It did seem to be bouncing around a lot, but I need to do it again and see what the wind speed was. Might have been that. Love this plane. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Maybe this has been discussed, but I can confirm that with the changes in "lights", the flap indicator lights in the panel are now turned off.   (And yes, they do work in the default..)

• Like 1

Bert

8 hours ago, robert young said:

I get good days and bad. Working on this mod takes my mind off the illness.

Here is a fun thing to change... in the aircraft.cfg file you can add the Registration number in the description.. that way, each of the paints show up with their picture, and with their registration in the aircraft selection screen..

Example:

ui_type = "Bonanza G36 Turbo G-RYETB" ; e.g. 747-400, 172

ioOwumu.jpg

🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Thanks for raising these issues. I think the instability with the fuel mixture is somehow related to Cof G settings. I moved the C of G forward a tad and now I cannot reproduce any of the stability issues reported. On the flap light, this is very odd as I didn't touch anything connected with that. But maybe something is crossing over to that function. I'll be looking to fix all of this in V2, but will be holding back until whatever new patch by Asobo is thoroughly tested first.

• Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Rob- I can confirm the Flap Indicator lights inop. You have my thoughts on the Elevator.  I have not seen any Mixture issues, however, I haven't taken her up very high yet.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

47 minutes ago, flapsdown said:

Hmm, given that I had been leaning the mixture pretty severely due to the altitude of KLXV, perhaps there is a connection there after all - I honestly don't remember if I was doing that as much on this recent set of flights (circumstantial evidence would indicate I wasn't perhaps),  but I am going to go back now and try this to see what happens...

22 minutes ago, flapsdown said:

Absolutely on the money neucoas - when I lean very severely for the altitude (once again around 10,000 feet), just about 80% of the time, the plane cartwheel crashed on the start up - if totally leaned out, it crashes every single time. I am guessing that the for the 80% of the times it ran away on start on my aggressive lean, I probably have the intermittent signal fluctuations from my fine Saitek throttle quad to thank for those incidents... 😜 

...I will now be consistently less aggressive with my leaning for high altitude start ups...

Cheers!

Can you please let me know where I can find a very high altitude airport and I'll test some new settings that I think might fix it. Thank you. edit oops I see it was KLXV - I'll try that.

Edited by robert young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hey guys stupid question but I nearly just fell out the sky because my R fuel tank run dry!  I can't see where you switch fuel tanks in the G36 or is it supposed to balance both tanks automatically?

Thomas Derbyshire

Tom-

Set the timer and switch every 30 minutes- I usually fly solo so I start with the Right tank.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Just now, sidfadc said:

Hey guys stupid question but I nearly just fell out the sky because my R fuel tank run dry!  I can't see where you switch fuel tanks in the G36 or is it supposed to balance both tanks automatically?

You have to switch tanks.  The switch is on the floor on the left side.  The default aircraft is the same way.  

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

3 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

I usually fly solo so I start with the Right tank.

So you sit in the left seat and you reduce the weight of the right wing... Why? 😉

• Like 1

Bert