Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo Mod RELEASED

1 hour ago, robert young said:

Hi Nick,

Version 2 will tone down the strobe and beacon leakage, or maybe offer an option of two lighting effect folders that you can mix and match. The very quick prop reaction was necessary to stop wild out-of-control prop on start up, but I just found a bug that caused it - with anything other than exactly 1.0 for the engine power global value so I had to speed up prop inertia to overcome it as I wanted a higher value of 1.0 for power.. V2 will overcome that bug.

All this will be fixed in V2, coming soon. However even if I slow down the prop, the default prop animation stops it on engine switch off extremely quickly and I think that is a hard coded prop animation in the default model.The C172 A1000 has a much better prop animation sadly not implemented in the default Bonanza and I cannot as yet get into the prop animations to tweak them.

Talking about the c172... I would love to see a mod from you of that plane. It needs some love !!

Cheers :)

N.-

2 minutes ago, neucoas said:

Talking about the c172... I would love to see a mod from you of that plane. It needs some love !!

I'm considering it :)

BTW when you run up your aeroplane from minimum MP to run up power - on average how many seconds does it take to establish desired power/rpm, assuming you were fairly quick with the throttle?

Edited by robert young
  • Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Based off Rob's excellent documentation with this mod, I have a pretty good understanding of managing the climb and cruise settings (power, Prop and mixture) but what is the typical prop setting for start and taxi and final approach?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

7 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Based off Rob's excellent documentation with this mod, I have a pretty good understanding of managing the climb and cruise settings (power, Prop and mixture) but what is the typical prop setting for start and taxi and final approach?

Usually fully fine

• Like 2

Hi!

Thank you very much for the mod, its a must!

Can i ask you about the sound? Isnt supposed the turbo version to sound  with the caracteristic "aspiration" of the turbo? Or isnt modelled yet? The real one does that "turbo" sound? 

sorr for my english

31 minutes ago, macius said:

Hi!

Thank you very much for the mod, its a must!

Can i ask you about the sound? Isnt supposed the turbo version to sound  with the caracteristic "aspiration" of the turbo? Or isnt modelled yet? The real one does that "turbo" sound? 

sorr for my english

I haven't yet fully absorbed the sound parameters in this sim. It is very different from previous MSFS versions. But yes, there probably should be a somewhat different tone to the turbo-aspirated sound. I can't deliver 100% authenticity in all aspects yet as there is still a lot to learn about how this sim works, but I will put this on my list for future updates.

• Like 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Many thanks for this Mod!

I've always enjoyed RealAir's planes and the Sf260 and Beech Duke were my goto planes in FSX.

Get well soon 🤗

2 minutes ago, piotre said:

Many thanks for this Mod!

I've always enjoyed RealAir's planes and the Sf260 and Beech Duke were my goto planes in FSX.

Get well soon 🤗

Thank you. Appreciated.

16 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Maybe this has been discussed, but I can confirm that with the changes in "lights", the flap indicator lights in the panel are now turned off.   (And yes, they do work in the default..)

11 hours ago, nrcrate said:

-Prop cycles extremely fast on a runup... Fast power changes have the same effect.

I can confirm I have all three issues discussed above. I have also found the idle RPM a bit erratic.

Also is there any chance of incorporating removal of "PITOT HEAT OFF" warning as was done in https://github.com/TheFrett/msfs_g36_project  perhaps even a merge of your work?

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

I can confirm I have all three issues discussed above. I have also found the idle RPM a bit erratic.

Also is there any chance of incorporating removal of "PITOT HEAT OFF" warning as was done in https://github.com/TheFrett/msfs_g36_project  perhaps even a merge of your work?

Thanks for that feedback. Yes idle rpm is a little strange. The default as well as the mod seems to exaggerate engine warming which leads to quite an increase in MP and rpm without touching anything. I don't know what I can do to stop this. I will PM you later with a couple of tests if you would like to assess them.

I've fixed the missing trim lights for V2.

Edited by robert young
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 4:52 PM, robert young said:

That's the way the actual turbo modification (normalised) is set in the real world I believe.The "normalised" bit means you get normal MAP up to critical altitude which in this case is 18,000 feet.

Guess I wasn't aware that TC Normalised is modeled in FS or any version? Thanks.

I am new to flight sims( apart from a very short period in the Original MSFS). And have enjoyed your work on this aircraft so much i felt it only fair to contribute to your work.

many thanks for bringing enjoyment to so many..

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Is it normal that If I load the airplane on runway (with engine on) the engine shutdown as soon as the aircraft is loaded?

No problem if I start the airplane from cold&dark but if I load the airplane started on runway, the engine stop.

Is it normal?

Regards
Stefano

15 minutes ago, ilpagaia said:

No problem if I start the airplane from cold&dark but if I load the airplane started on runway, the engine stop.

Is it normal?

Regards
Stefano

Unusual.  But I do normally have to reduce the mixture, or else it will cut out - like in the real one!  Try pulling it back to 70-80%.  I think this is in the documentation.

Also, if it does cut out, after pulling back on the mixture, just restart again with the key.  That does it for me.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

@Rob-

I am looking forward to V2, and have a big smile plastered all over my face each time I take the Turbo-normalized G36 for a spin.  Your constant pursuit of perfection is most appreciated!

@Community-

Rob Young stands in a very select group of aircraft developers, and if we are to demonstrate our gratitude for his work, it can be best done at - https://www.paypal.com/donate/?cmd=_donations&business=XMBLBU72YLFMA&currency_code=GBP&Z3JncnB0=

I hope this "plug" doesn't upset him, but like so many with his altruistic bent, he is not great at self promotion. This is a TANGIBLE way for you to express your gratitude to one of the Flight Sim Legends we have been graced with.

Stay Healthy Rob!

C

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper