Sign in to follow this  
kt069

"Unreal Weather" nice free add-on for METAR based weather

3 hours ago, kt069 said:

Unreal Weather is updated to 1.5. To whom it may concern. Happy flying.

REVISION HISTORY

1.5 (12-Oct-2020)

• Altimeter indicator in METAR now takes priority when calculating MSL pressure
  • Weather Settings panel now refreshes itself properly
  • High-elevation winds can be disabled in the mod settings
  • Other minor improvements

I wonder if the author knows about the cloud formation issue?

Maybe someone can pass on the information.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I wonder if the author knows about the cloud formation issue?

Maybe someone can pass on the information.

if you mean visible cloud morphing, it is mentioned on official page, quote:

SOME FINAL THOUGHTS AND CONSIDERATIONS

While you have WeatherEditionMenu.js file open in your text editor, you may also want to consider making some adjustments to the mod's behavior, such as the polling frequency or weather transition speed. For example, reducing the transition step duration to just 0.1 sec provides smoother visuals, but required a more powerful PC. You can also enable and disable some of the weather features. Look for the correspoinding variables at the top of the file and make changes as needed. Keep in mind that any changes will be applied only after you fully restart Flight Simulator; they cannot be adjusted while in-flight.
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BackboneOne said:

if you mean visible cloud morphing, it is mentioned on official page, quote:

SOME FINAL THOUGHTS AND CONSIDERATIONS

While you have WeatherEditionMenu.js file open in your text editor, you may also want to consider making some adjustments to the mod's behavior, such as the polling frequency or weather transition speed. For example, reducing the transition step duration to just 0.1 sec provides smoother visuals, but required a more powerful PC. You can also enable and disable some of the weather features. Look for the correspoinding variables at the top of the file and make changes as needed. Keep in mind that any changes will be applied only after you fully restart Flight Simulator; they cannot be adjusted while in-flight.

I'll try reducing the transition duration. Thanks!

• Like 1

Does this solve the ridicolous lightning bug?

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

I still found tweaking the values in the JS file didn’t prevent cloud pop in and redraws so on that basis I am out.... 😀

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

16 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

I still found tweaking the values in the JS file didn’t prevent cloud pop in and redraws so on that basis I am out.... 😀

Thanks for testing. That issue brings back bad memories of XP11 weather. I want what I had with ASP4.

I hope the same results can be achieved with default weather in the near future.

Edited by DJJose

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Thanks for testing. That issue brings back bad memories of XP11 weather. I want what I had with ASP4.

I hope the same results can be achieved with default weather in the near future.

Yea I here you, we need Active Sky for MSFS for sure.  Think HiFi are waiting on a further developed SDK though so it might be a while.....

OR

Asobo sort out the issues with their Metar representation because for the most part the actual visuals and transitions of the default weather is unreal, it just doesn't match real world weather (sometimes)

Thomas Derbyshire

I got excited the first time I tried it because I did a short flight from BDL-DXR:

WtLw6la.png

B67hBD0.png

kHx84hZ.png

But as you can see the day was mainly clear skies. Bumpy too!

Ok gentlemen. I decided to the latest version it before the MSFS patch was released. Flight from KDCA to Philly.

OC all the way at 7500ft. Everything was going perfectly. Until I was about 20 miles from Philly at 1500ft. The winds started going crazy. LOL

I switched to default live weather. A few minutes later I heard the thunder bug and landed on runway 27.

It's got potential.

ja4HcWp.png

NhTnT2s.png

inVOrYt.png

QvkJmIn.png

1ZKEKF0.png

I'm off to download MSFS SP3 patch.

Edited by DJJose