Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Really falling in love with TBM

2 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

It's a bug, You can avoid it by moving the throttle into flight idle instead. It seems the flightmodel doesn't provide a mechanism to unfeather the prop in both low or high idle thus causing the turbine to overheat. Quite expensive IRL. As much as I like the TBM,  it's one of those quirks I don't get with MS/ASOBO: you provide a checklist, and the simulation doesn't behave accordingly. The whole Turboprop simulation is to be overhauled, and that may take some time as it is in their Backlog according to todays update notices.

You can support the issue by upvotimng here if you haven't done so already.

Good know its a bug. Honestly i dont see the use of these voting after last dev update. High voted issues are simply marked as "not started" and they are there since release.

Roi Ben

Yes, i am a bit frustrated too but I have come to the conclusion that this Sim and its developers will need some time (more as expectet anyway). Look at PMDG, they were optimistic in the beginning and have now settled for a one-year-delay for their first complex aircraft- at least. And seeing MS/ASOBO is having the Turpoprop issue still on #5 of the Top Bugs List I am confident we will see improvement - just not tomorrow. So don't stop voting - it would be counterproductive.

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

I love the TBM too. A week or so ago someone here in the forums (sorry, don’t recall who) mentioned this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftflightsimulator/mods/267

It fixes the ITT/torque issues and makes the whole thing fly a lot closer to the books. (And adds a couple of other quality-of-life mods as well). I highly recommend it, while we wait for an official fix for the turboprop behaviour.

Edited by Redge

21 minutes ago, Redge said:

A week or so ago someone here in the forums (sorry, don’t recall who) mentioned this mod:

To make things even more complicated: there's also Guilherme Farias' mod. They seem to overlap to some degree, but anyway: you can check for the actual version here.

Edit: Don't use both at the same time, many files will exclude each other.

Edited by Tom_L
complement

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

I don't have any of these problems and I fly the tbm extensively 

That is so weird,

There is a thread about the PFD freezing over at the Microsoft forum.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/daher-tbm-930-garmin-screen-freezes/289728/26

The issue I have with autopilot is that when I set a cruise climb of 150kts and use FLC when I get towards the desired altitude the pitch trim seems to go crazy then settles. Pretty much the same happens when I capture the GS, the aircraft pitches down violently then oscillates a little and eventually settles down.

I have found I can mitigate the climb issue by using VS instead of FC and I am going to experiment not loading an approach before getting airborne this weekend. I still love the TBM and it is my favorite in MSFS 2020 it is just a little frustrating that Asobo do not seem to do any testing when patching the product. I am sure it will get fixed.

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

2 hours ago, Richdem said:

That is so weird,

There is a thread about the PFD freezing over at the Microsoft forum.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/daher-tbm-930-garmin-screen-freezes/289728/26

The issue I have with autopilot is that when I set a cruise climb of 150kts and use FLC when I get towards the desired altitude the pitch trim seems to go crazy then settles. Pretty much the same happens when I capture the GS, the aircraft pitches down violently then oscillates a little and eventually settles down.

I have found I can mitigate the climb issue by using VS instead of FC and I am going to experiment not loading an approach before getting airborne this weekend. I still love the TBM and it is my favorite in MSFS 2020 it is just a little frustrating that Asobo do not seem to do any testing when patching the product. I am sure it will get fixed.

You need to increase your speed for the climb with flc to avoid the occillation. I always use the flc and climb at 175-185kts. No problems either when capturing the loc

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

You need to increase your speed for the climb with flc to avoid the occillation. I always use the flc and climb at 175-185kts. No problems either when capturing the loc

Thank you I will watch the video and give it a try

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

If you ever try the HotStart TBM-900 in x-plane you will see where the MSFS is really lacking. I have never been an X-Plane fan but I did get into it for a while. I tried so hard to get the developer to make one for P3D, Goran I think his name is, really nice guy. HOPEFULLY he considers one for MSFS, I'd buy it in a second!

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,