Sign in to follow this  
delta november

Hey Microsoft...What about me? I'm still stuck with the Activation Error

Can't help, I'm afraid. I do hear what you're saying.I got around the problem by installing WinXp on a new spacious hard drive. I used the pretext of being down to a lousy 2Gb free on C: to avoid having to publicly admit that I bought a new hard drive to solve my FSX installation problems.I set restore points before and after installing FS. I get the impression from reading your post that they won't save me... :-roll I am confident that Microsoft are working on this one - they really don't need the two hour tech support calls that lead nowhere.Doug DawsonSRX061101600566

I'm in the same boat. Haven't been able to use FSX in over a week. It would be nice to hear something official from MS saying they are working on this.... I feel a bit forgotten....

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Thanks Doug. Glad to see you are up and running okay. I plan on sticking it out this time. I can only hope that this thread will live on until something good takes place. It has a chance if it doesn't turn into a bashfest. The forum seems much calmer these days.Thanks Bob. Hang in there. There's gotta be a solution so that we can move on. I am at least able to run the sim for 30min at a time so that I can keep up with developments and tweaks.The sad thing is that the sim is really working superbly and the frame rates are excellent even with clouds and airline trafic.Oh well, I'm optimistic good things will happen soon. I've heard of many others out there. Maybe they will add on to this endeavour.Take care,

Ken; Just curious...have you attempted a phone activation? As I don't have my simming rig hooked up to the net I elected to domine on the phone. Took less than 10 min. Also have no clue if this will help but there was some mention...byTdragger I think...about DVD burning software, Nero and others, causingproblems for some resulting in bad installs. BTW: Love the videos on your web site.

Thanks Denny. I have not tried the phone activation. The online activation works great. I was using FSX for several days before the floor fell out. Now I'm back to the activation error. I don't know how to manually kick off an activation screen without reinstalling, which I don't want to do with the threat of the 1722 error.Anyone know how to re-initiate the activation screen?Regards,

I can almost guarantee is has nothing do to with bad installs, nothing to do with burning software and nothing actually to do with activation. The last part is the very hardest thing to explain to Technical Support.See, thing is, the product is already installed and activated, sometimes for a couple of weeks. But then something - and noone knows what - happens and boom!, FSX gives a Product Activation Error. I truly believe this is a symptom of the problem which is some kind of corruption caused somewhere.Incidentally, trying to re-activate over the phone or online is a moot point since you are never given the opportunity to do so. It simply is an error box on the screen. This is also incredibly hard to get into the heads of tech support.I know it's nothing to do with a bad install or burning software because I have previously installed FSX on a virgin vanilla bridal white installation of XP. And, after a blue screen crash in FSX, I've received the PAE notification on three occasions, resulting in a reinstallation of the OS. I'm now regularly creating disc images of both the XP drive and the FSX drive to cover me should it happen again!Someone posted in a thread here, in the last few days, that someone from the dev team had personally assisted him in fixing the resultant reinstall 1722 error but he wasn't at liberty to share the fix (honestly, it's like living in Area 51 sometimes). I assume that means they really are working on the situation.If I sound cross, it's because I am.Still love FSX when it works, though :D

Well put Paul. Let's hope there is an answer soon. I can't imagine waiting weeks for a fix. i don't want to reinstall either. I'll just camp out here waiting for an answer.Regards,

I have posted on this site like many others about this error and have had to reinstall several times like you.It is working for now, and like you, if I get the error again, I will sit it out until there is an official fix.It puzzles me why for others they can change, tweak and so fourth with no reinstallation problems or deactivation of FSX. But I have faith as it seems to be a lot more on this forum that has the same problem :(