Sign in to follow this  
FNAL

Working Title CJ4 Mod Version 0.4.0 Released

After a few flights I've noticed the FMC Legs (and progress on MFD) gets very confused once you get close to the destination airport on the arrival.  It starts showing random things like the departure airport, nonsensical distances, legs disappear etc.   Before that point it works perfectly.  Note: these are simple flight plans I entered directly into the FMC, not created on the world map.   Just entered departure and destination airports, departure and arrival procedures and that's it.   Maybe a direct to leg in the middle somewhere.

Edited by N7470

Discord link appears to be broken. Thank you for your hard work on this project.

All thanks for the kind words, please be sure to log any issues you have/bugs you find on github and tag them CJ4.

No need to log enhancements at this time as we have a very long list of enhancements based on all the features of the real deal, so if you don't see something that should be there, know that it is on our list.

Bug reports are appreciated including screenshots or video whenever possible, especially for inconsistent bugs...

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/issues

Thanks!

Edited by cwburnett

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

1 hour ago, N7470 said:

After a few flights I've noticed the FMC Legs (and progress on MFD) gets very confused once you get close to the destination airport on the arrival

If you have a chance a quick video or screenshot would be really helpful with details of what you're seeing. Log here:

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/issues

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

5 hours ago, dbw1 said:

You guys have probably noticed this but with anti-icing selected on the aircraft still picks up ice. Just wondering if down the road that might be on the list to address.....

Do you have a32nx installed? Unfortunately they did some changes to cockpit buttons which leak into other mods. This makes it so the icing buttons are always lit and defunc.

Need to bug them for it, sadly.

Is there a way to get the map displays to "North up" rather than aircraft heading up yet?  Couldn't find it in the menu's..

Graham

7 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Thank you!. I have downloaded mod and took it for a spin I don't see ITT temperature move at all. Also no fuel flow (I did not programmed FMC route just initi and take off pages)

unknown.png?width=2205&height=1240

How did you get the weather to pull up on the ND screen?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

A couple of questions :

- Is VNAV usable right now?

- Is the CJ4 equipped with some kind of auto throttle?

18 hours ago, FNAL said:

Asobo bug.  Jet engine simulation is ...

Tried a flight out of KJAC-KISM.  The plane almost took the whole runway to take off and climb out averaged 1500fpm.  There was no way I was getting to 38,000ft and I didn’t have a heavy load. 

Two questions:

1. Is the CJ4 that affected by high altitude airports that it needs a considerably longer takeoff distance?  KJAC was cool and usually this is a problem for pitons not jets.  Again my weight was light with only 86% fuel.

2. Is it normal with light weight and low upper level winds when you get up around 23,000ft your climb rate is reduced to 1,000fpm?  Even with version three the CJ4 struggled past 24,000ft.

Edited by n4gix
Removed masked profanity.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

45 minutes ago, bendead said:

A couple of questions :

- Is VNAV usable right now?

- Is the CJ4 equipped with some kind of auto throttle?

As we are still using the stock AP and flight plan system, VNAV capabilities are the same as stock. Overhauling these systems is a massive, massive undertaking, but we are making slow progress towards replacing them. We don't have an estimate yet at this time for when we'll have that ready, though.

The CJ4 (both simulated and the real deal) does not have an autothrottle, no.

46 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Is the CJ4 that affected by high altitude airports that it needs a considerably longer takeoff distance?

Takeoff distance will definitely be increased. I think you'll be down about 600 pounds of thrust by 6-7K. However, that climb speed seems a bit anemic, but I'll see if we have anything in our references. At an airfield like KJAC be sure to spool up fully and let the engines settle before releasing the brakes.

51 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Is it normal with light weight and low upper level winds when you get up around 23,000ft your climb rate is reduced to 1,000fpm?

That seems like too high an IAS selection. Best climb speed in the CJ4 is actually 160kts, but 240kts is usually used. I usually can get 1500fpm still at 30K.

@FNAL, our resident CJ4 pilot may also have some suggestions as well. I'll definitely try flying out of KJAC and see what it looks like.

-Matt

2 hours ago, VFRHawk said:

Is there a way to get the map displays to "North up" rather than aircraft heading up yet?

The ProLine 21 does not have this feature. PLAN is always north up, all other modes are always track up.

-Matt

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

As we are still using the stock AP and flight plan system, VNAV capabilities are the same as stock. Overhauling these systems is a massive, massive undertaking, but we are making slow progress towards replacing them. We don't have an estimate yet at this time for when we'll have that ready, though.

The CJ4 (both simulated and the real deal) does not have an autothrottle, no.

Thanks for the reply 😉

Thank you for the mod 🙂

In addition to the power question: just got off the ground in EDDS with real weather, nose came up a little bit before V1, takeoff was some kind of „automatic“, and it climbed to FL 310 with 97% N1 with VS 3000 to 2800 and never below 210 knots IAS. It’s quite autumn feeling here in Germany, but I cannot say that little baby is underpowered at all. 50% of fuel. 
Matthias