Sign in to follow this  
mcwdainow

ITVV DVDs

Hey everyone :)I've known about the ITVV series for a while but only until recently actually bought some.. and these DVDs are incredible.I thought I'd post this incase others haven't heard of them: http://www.itvv.co.uk/Excellent for anyone interested in aviation really. I bought the BA GO 737-300 and Airtours A330-200 ones initally and now I've caught the bug. I've ordered the Matinair MD-11 and the 2 disc (5 hours long!) Concorde one, as well as the "Classic" 747-200 Virgin Atlantic.If only someone did similar ones for smaller (even GA) aircraft.. anyone know of any?

Guest ZOTAN

For GA, I would reccomend the movie One Six Right. Its not about a specific plane, just GA in general

I've seen the online trailer for that, looks great! The thing is I'm in the UK so I'd need a region 2.. not to mention how I'd get it! :)

yes, I agree - they are the best in the industry. It is too bad that he can not produce them anymore, a result of post 9/11.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest Jock in a Frock

Just to add my two pennies worth:I went to the London Air Show yesterday ar Earls Court. A great day out for us simmers, with an opportunity to crawl over some interesting GA aircraft, and to see the RAF Typhoon Eurofighter in the flesh.There's a real mix of stuff there, from flight training schools (Oxford Cabair), equipment suppliers (Garmin, Bendix/King, Jeppesen), aircraft manufacturers (Cirrus, Cessna, Eastern Atlantic Helicopters), military (RAF, Navy), gliders, paragliders, hangliders, gyrocopters, self builds, microlights, and much much more.There was a good presence for Flight Simming, with Just Flight and Flight1 in attendance, alongside the Breitling Flighter Challenge (a head-to-head with Lock-On: Flaming Cliffs using three huge LCD screens for each pilot - the peripheral vision was great). Microsoft also provided around 30 kiosks running FS2004 for people to get a taste. Sadly the screen resolution looked to be about 800x600 with no antialiasing, so it really looked quite poor, and was a lost opportunity to help convince people how good FS2004 can be.Anyway, back on topic, ITVV were there and they talked me into buying the B747-400 Virgin Atlantic DVD from Heathrow to San Francisco. The main reason I was interested in this is to further my knowledge of the 747-400 systems to help in learning to fly PMDG's 747.I've watched the DVD and it is brilliantly put together, and the captain and both first officers do a lot to explain the onboard systems. I was pleased to see that a lot of the flight operations are so well reflected in the PMDG aircraft, and I think the

Guest Binkles

I've got the BAE-146 one, and it's awesome, but I'm biased, as that's my favourite plane, though sadly I can't find it since I've moved to Australia.

Since making this post.. I've pretty much got them all (apart from a couple of the older non flight deck series). The BAE 146 is a great one, I liked seeing the pretty much totally analogue cockpit. The Virgin B744 is a great one too.. I liked the landing in to San Francisco and being instructed not to over take the aircraft landing on the parallel runway :)The Concorde one is pretty much a must have for anyone.. even I felt a bit of an anorak when the Flight Engineer did a detailed (I think lasting an hour) walk around of her!

Guest Jock in a Frock

The Virgin B744 is a great one too.. I liked>the landing in to San Francisco and being instructed not to>over take the aircraft landing on the parallel runway :)Lol, I liked that part too. I hoped the captain was gonna say - "Aw, c'mon, Approach! I've got a good radar lock and my Sidewinder is armed!" ;-)

Have you got the 'Cathay Pacific 747-400' one? I have ordered it following watching a short video of the Heathrow Takeoff that was obtainable for a short while?What's it like?Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130_captain.gif

Dave Taylor gb.png

Haven't got that one, but sounds good from their website. Let me/us know what its like :)

Guest Jock in a Frock

The B747-400 Virgin DVD is Region Free. It may be worth you contacting them to enquire if all their DVDs are Region Free.

>The B747-400 Virgin DVD is Region Free. It may be worth you>contacting them to enquire if all their DVDs are Region Free.I was replying to the guy talking about "One Six Right"(http://www.onesixright.com/) Would really like to have it.. I can only find it in a select few online shops though and they're only in Region 1.Edit: I could always email them.. won't hurt I guess :)

Guest jboweruk

It was a great show this year too. Best so far IMHO. I think Flight1's presence made a difference for me, they were just so nice to talk to. Did you see the Cirrus, I got a lovely shot of that with it's chute deployed.

I went to he first London Airshow, there wasn't an amazingly massive amount going on but that was to be expected seeing as though it was the first.. was great fun none the less. Will make sure to go next year :)