Sign in to follow this  
Piper5299X

Need assistance with GTN not loading

Well, I've tried as you suggested, but didn't work. I jumped on the PE Discord, and found that they are aware of an issue with the Datarefs, but doesn't appear to be too high on the priority list right now.

Hopefully enough people will complain that it gets moved up that list.

Thank you for the feedback on this.

However I'm not sure about what could go wrong there because XP11.50 is supposed to automatically populating the newer TCAS datarefs when plugins are still writing the older Multiplayer datarefs which PE is supposed to still do. Do you have any other 3rd party "traffic" related plugin, like Traffic Global or similar?!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

There are a few things you might do to cross check all of this in using Dataref Editor in the XP11 Plugins menu:

1) Whether PE is feeding XP11.50 with the newest TCAS dataref

sim/operation/override/override_TCAS

Will be 1 if the plugin is overriding the TCAS datatefs, 0 otherwise.

2) Whether there are TCAS targets

sim/cockpit2/tcas/indicators/tcas_num_acf

Will tell the number of TCAS targets datarefs which are active.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Ok. Next time I get a chance to fire up the sim I'll install that plugin, and give it another try, and report back. 

Thank you so much for your help with this. I really want to find out if there really is an issue on my end or not.  PE says that there is an "Alleged" update that needs to be done, but no real details, or ETA of said update.

I use VR, and the visuals for other aircraft are word not allowed, and for group flights, the TCAD is pretty much a necessity. That's why I'm really pushing to get answers.

If PE is saying there is a "pending/alleged" update, this most likely is indicating this not implemented yet.

However in further trying to "debug" this via the datarefs, it will help me assessing what could be the issue and whether there is actually an issue in our code. In effect, XP11.50 is supposed to fill both MP and TCAS datarefs so that any 3rd party plugin displaying traffic from MP datarefs is still working in XP11.50, and updated plugins using the new TCAS datarefs are also working in XP11.50. This is of course only valid for XP11.50 own AI traffic, but in the case of PE, if it is using the older MP datarefs only, it makes me wondering why is the GTN not picking them up from the TCAS datarefs and whether this is bug in our plugin or a limitation of XP11.50.

18 hours ago, Piper5299X said:

sim/operation/override/override_TCAS=0

sim/cockpit2/tcas/indicators/tcas_num_acf=1

Thank you! Is this with 0 AI traffic ?

The datarefs are clear: there is no 3rd party plugin injecting/override TCAS datarefs and there is only 1 target (self)

3 hours ago, RXP said:

Thank you! Is this with 0 AI traffic ?

The datarefs are clear: there is no 3rd party plugin injecting/override TCAS datarefs and there is only 1 target (self)

Correct, no AI traffic in X-Plane, and "Use AI Traffic" is NOT checked in the GTN Settings.

So in short, Pilotedge is no longer projecting traffic?

They might still be overriding the MP datarefs but I'm not even sure you still can do this with XP11.50 and I believe it now requires plugins which are overriding the TCAS targets to write only to the new TCAS datarefs. In any case, it would be best PE is using these for many reasons:

- You can have up to 63 targets instead of 19

- You no longer have to sort them

- You have the choice to update by (lat,lon,alt) or by (brg,dst,sep)

- It is faster and takes less resources from XPlane because it no longer requires the MP overriding hack

- It is designed to well-behave when multiple plugins are wanting to also override the TCAS datarefs thanks to a "baton" system when only 1 plugin can do so at a time (think having PE + TG installed).

Edited by RXP

On 10/30/2020 at 3:45 PM, RXP said:

They might still be overriding the MP datarefs but I'm not even sure you still can do this with XP11.50 and I believe it now requires plugins which are overriding the TCAS targets to write only to the new TCAS datarefs. In any case, it would be best PE is using these for many reasons:

- You can have up to 63 targets instead of 19

- You no longer have to sort them

- You have the choice to update by (lat,lon,alt) or by (brg,dst,sep)

- It is faster and takes less resources from XPlane because it no longer requires the MP overriding hack

- It is designed to well-behave when multiple plugins are wants to also override the TCAS datarefs thanks to a "baton" system when only 1 plugin can do so at a time (think having PE + TG installed).

Not really sure what all that means... But what caught my attention was your last line. (think having PE + TG installed) What does this mean??

PE: Pilot Edge

TG: Traffic Global

If both are trying to overwrite the TCAS datarefs, there must be a way to let only 1 of the 2 doing it. The new TCAS datarefs and SDK API which goes with it allow traffic data providers (like these 2) to self-arbitrate which is gaining the exclusive write access.

Traffic data consumers (like the GTN) on the other hand shouldn't deal with this and just read the TCAS datarefs for 'display' purposes.

On 11/2/2020 at 11:51 AM, RXP said:

PE: Pilot Edge

TG: Traffic Global

If both are trying to overwrite the TCAS datarefs, there must be a way to let only 1 of the 2 doing it. The new TCAS datarefs and SDK API which goes with it allow traffic data providers (like these 2) to self-arbitrate which is gaining the exclusive write access.

Traffic data consumers (like the GTN) on the other hand shouldn't deal with this and just read the TCAS datarefs for 'display' purposes.

Ok. I don't use any traffic add-ons.

On 10/30/2020 at 6:28 PM, Piper5299X said:

Correct, no AI traffic in X-Plane, and "Use AI Traffic" is NOT checked in the GTN Settings.

So in short, Pilotedge is no longer projecting traffic?

This most likely is the reason you don't see any traffic because from XP11 point of view there is only 1 aircraft flying and it is yours:

sim/cockpit2/tcas/indicators/tcas_num_acf = 1

On 11/12/2020 at 8:31 AM, RXP said:

This most likely is the reason you don't see any traffic because from XP11 point of view there is only 1 aircraft flying and it is yours:

sim/cockpit2/tcas/indicators/tcas_num_acf = 1

When I attempt to change the "1" to any other number with Dataref Editor, it changes back to 1. 

I think this is what you are suggesting?