Sign in to follow this  
Guest yarvelling

FS X terrain fix

Guest FxF3

Thanks Doug it has been very hostile in here. I for one think ACES has been very forth coming in keeping us up to date. Its just a few posters who seem they must bash ACES or FSX in every thread that has made the whole FSX forum look bad. Hope you still keep us posted in the future.:-)

Guest thx1137

> Tell anyone at the Aces Team that they're welcome and flame retardant clothing is optional.I would say flame retardant clothing is mandatory! I certainly appreciate the visibility of the Aces guys though, at least we know they are listening and as shown are helping where they can.Some customers feel that they should be treated as god while being allowed to treat the vendor as crap but I think most of us remain fairly civil. :-) We have even less reason to complain this time around because we had a demo to play with before purchase! I had to remind myself of that because I to was upset with the performance on my new system even with sliders at minimum. Speaking of performance: FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION between 0.00 works wonderfly on my machine.

Guest robmuzz

>> Tell anyone at the Aces Team that they're welcome and flame>retardant clothing is optional.>>I would say flame retardant clothing is mandatory! I certainly>appreciate the visibility of the Aces guys though, at least we>know they are listening and as shown are helping where they>can.>>Some customers feel that they should be treated as god while>being allowed to treat the vendor as crap but I think most of>us remain fairly civil. :-) We have even less reason to>complain this time around because we had a demo to play with>before purchase! I had to remind myself of that because I to>was upset with the performance on my new system even with>sliders at minimum. Speaking of performance:>FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION between 0.00 works wonderfly on my>machine.thx (cool name BTW)I am not from ACES or very good with programming, but it is my understanding that the FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION config line is a percentage of the cycle to be used for textures refreshing.ie; 0.5 would refresh twice per cycle, .33 would be three times etc.Therefore, I assume FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION 0.00 is in effect not doing anything, or refreshing once per cycle in the default manner.It is possible you are percieving a change, where there is infact none.PS: Thanks very much for the post Doug!

Guest thx1137

G'day,> thx (cool name BTW)Thanks :-)>Therefore, I assume FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION 0.00 is in effect not doing anything, or refreshing once per cycle in the default manner.I had wondered the same thing. Unless we take care to load the exact same scenerio and only make one change at a time it can make framerate testing difficult. Especially if the level of clouds changes between tests. On the ground at YSSY it doesn't make much of a difference but at 500 feet it certainly seems to.I have been playing with the value more because it was taking a long time for the hires textures to load (10 seconds when paused!), I have found that if I set it to 0.07 and have my framerate locked such that it is 4-5 FPS lower than if it was set to infinite the 1m textures are loading fast enough to fly around at ~140kts. That seems to be what is happening anyhow! At the very least I can see a difference in texture loading time.

Guest Jimbofly

Thanks for the info!As to the current atmosphere to me it really seems that there is a very small irrational and vocal minority in these forums that take every opportunity to take a dig at Microsoft and Aces.I'm one of many who are extremely happy with the new sim!James

Just remember that some of us old timers are VERY VERY PLEASED with FSX Doug and appreciate your guys' time here.Best,Randy J. Smith<<>>