Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

Is it possible

I really don't like a title to lack info about what the topic is about, but can't think of better.

Is it possible to (in a future update perhaps):

1- Have ATC stop telling me what to Squawk xxxx in every single message from them?

2- Learn to say "Municipal" instead of sounding like a Jamaican saying "Mun"? Or International instead of spelling out INT? No idea what it is to code this but think it would be simple if using IF or ElseIF statements. VOXATC fixed theirs back when I used it. Especially bad when they spell things out that aren't meant to be spelled.

3- Revise defaults!!! I haven't posted much at all and have learned to use the program through either searching this forum or reading the manual but now that I have 100+ hours with it I can say that no matter what aircraft I fly there are many default options that should not be as they are. For instance, having to set the distance for aircraft alerts. I read tons of topics where many people had issues with a plethora of ATC alerts and all of which were told a better setting to set the alert proximity and others. I fly mostly low and slow GA and if it's too much with it I would think the default would be too much for everything else. Why not just adjust some of the default settings from the start?

4- Expedite climb and other expectations. I'm mostly flying a C172. ATC seems to think I have a rocket ship and doesn't seem to know my max ceiling, let alone the climb rate. Even if it could not know this due to limitations, please give an option to tell it not to remind me literally every 7 seconds.

I've been testing this for over 100 hours now and these are just things I see as a new user thru now. They are all downfalls 'TO ME' in this addon. No idea if it's due to limited SDK or just a "take what you get" type of thing, but these are what I find most needing to be fixed.

Thanks!

Dan

PS. I have others that but think they are more needing their own topic that might be something I'm simply doing wrong or maybe bugged.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

1-  It will do that until you get the squawk code and Active or Alt mode set in P2A.  This might require setting it in the cockpit, or even both the cockpit and P2A.  Some aircraft, just setting in P2A does it.  Depends on how the author implemented the XPDR.

2-We try.  Unfortunately, the AIRAC data uses inconsistent abbreviations.  If you hit specific ones, drop me a note and I'll add it to the translation list.

3-Default values are currently geared toward airliners, so you have to change just about all of them to fly low and slow.  A future version of P2A will have Aircraft definitions where all the Aircraft specific options are set and saved for a specific aircraft so you will be able to set up a specific plane once and then recall all those settings for any giving flight while doing the Flight Plan.

4-You're right, P2A knows nothing about your aircraft.  You have to request cruise altitudes that are appropriate for the flight and the aircraft, and set your minimum climb rate appropriately as well.  That should stop those "Expedite climb" calls.

Dave

Thanks, Dave.

1- So I hear it give me the squawk and I have to go into P2A again and enter it? I always set it in the aircraft. I've never set it in P2A. I don't even know why I would. Must have missed that part in the manual. Once I'm in the sim I don't want to alt tab to P2A and didn't think I needed to. If it's giving me a squawk code why doesn't it set it in P2A itself? How do I even do that?

2- The main ones are Muni or Mun being short for municipal and INT being short for international. I was just thinking something like "Int = international, elseif proceeded by "K", or followed by another letter without a space. Sorry I can't explain better but I have zero idea of what this coding is compared to my limited best guess at it.

3- My point was really that if it's bothersome for something low and slow it would be a nightmare for airliners, such as traffic alerts. They're going to be getting them much more frequent than a Cessna. I've balanced them out now for most average flights but the default settings are just way too lean.

4- I do exactly that. I set the climb rate to 200 fpm since although I can start at 500 fpm, I can only climb at 100' fpm once I hit 13,000. Maybe a max ceiling entry block?

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

1- Some aircraft do not pass the XPDR setting to external programs via FSUIPC, others do.  Some have an option that allows them to.  P2A uses the standard FSUIPC communication mechanism with the SIM and the majority of aircraft do set the XPDR in P2A when you set it in the cockpit, and vice versa.  To set it in P2A, just click on the Transponder code/mode boxed in the upper right of the main screen and set them in the popup box. 

2- Those two specific ones are already in the translation code.  I have tweaked it to hopefully pick up more variants of it in the next update.

3- I get your point about traffic alerts.  You'd be amazed how many users have complained they weren't getting enough of them.  I set mine to within 1000 ft of altitude and 5NM.  Seems to be a pretty good setting for me, but then I don't like getting a lot of them.

4-The Cruise altitude in the flight plan is where you have control over the max altitude you'll be asked to climb to.  Just request cruise altitudes below 12,000.  You'd need oxygen above 10,000 anyway.  If you're flying in the high country, and need to get above that, set your min climb rate to 100.  It should take it.

Dave

Hi Dave. A couple of mispronunciations I frequently chuckle at are 'F" "T'. Worth Center, not "Fort" Worth Center. The other is a "Resume"' own navigation (pronounced as in the document you present for a job), not resume as in continue. Not all controllers do this, but possibly departure and first center controllers. There are other examples, but these two stuck in my mind. Thanks for the great product!

FT for Fort is another one that's in there that I've tweaked for the next update.  The Resume one is the voice.  Each voice decides how to pronounce words and some are better than others, that's why some get it right.

Errands have kept me out today, but just finished a couple of flights that I didn't have issue #1 with the XPDR. I had to set it as you said and it worked nicely to where now they just say "Radar Contact". It's the default C172 analog gauge version. Hopefully a better SDK with more simconnect functionality will make for better fsuipc progress.

@ rwilsonlj - Like Dave already mentioned, I have 5 Cereproc voices and the newer one is the worst and it's way to pronounce things is driving me crazy. For those who use Cereproc voices steer clear of the "Carolyn" voice. Sounded great when I previewed it using aviation lingo, but wow is it awful.

Dan Prunier

On 10/11/2020 at 2:33 PM, Turbine777 said:

Errands have kept me out today, but just finished a couple of flights that I didn't have issue #1 with the XPDR. I had to set it as you said and it worked nicely to where now they just say "Radar Contact". It's the default C172 analog gauge version. Hopefully a better SDK with more simconnect functionality will make for better fsuipc progress.

@ rwilsonlj - Like Dave already mentioned, I have 5 Cereproc voices and the newer one is the worst and it's way to pronounce things is driving me crazy. For those who use Cereproc voices steer clear of the "Carolyn" voice. Sounded great when I previewed it using aviation lingo, but wow is it awful.

Thanks for the info Dave and Turbine777. I have been using XP11 for a couple years, so didn't peruse this forum much. Just recently watched a video ( found on this forum) on how to add (or install may be a better word) free voices. They are all English speaking, but with light to heavy accents (African etc). They work great though to give each controller a different voice, albeit with the accents. Sometimes, you have to listen carefully due to the accent, but this applies to the real world as well.