Sign in to follow this  
Guest Herrie

Squares in water - please help!

Hi,Anyone who knows how to fix this problem? It occurs only in dusk or dawn, the textures I use is stock but 50% redused ...Eagle

Guest Fjorko

Ouch...that looks nasty !!!Are you running the latest drivers for your graphics card ? Also what is your water texture slider set to ? set it to 1.x High if you can or 2.x LOW

I'm using a 7800GT card with the latest official NVidia drivers. Water set to 2.x Low.

>I'm using a 7800GT card with the latest official NVidia>drivers. Water set to 2.x Low.Wow it was about time some one posted this problem. I thought I was the only one, that is why I did not post it for fear of getting all the; "works fine here, water looks amazing, another basher of FSX!"I have a Nvidia 7800GTX card and get the exact same problem no matter what water setting :(It must be a problem that only affects the 7800 series card?I will try and post it to Nvidia.

Thank you snekgiant, let me know if you find out anything please, I'll do the same :-)Eagle

I have the same issue with my 7900GTO using the latest drivers.You can fix it by unchecking "land detail textures" in display/scenery config. Not sure if the drivers are at fault, or if its a card specific problem. You'll lose the pseudo-grass effect, but the water madness should disappear along with it.Hope that helps. Cheers.

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

>I have the same issue with my 7900GTO using the latest>drivers.>>You can fix it by unchecking "land detail textures" in>display/scenery config. Not sure if the drivers are at fault,>or if its a card specific problem. You'll lose the>pseudo-grass effect, but the water madness should disappear>along with it.>>Hope that helps. Cheers.>>Ooooh, i hope this isn

Guest Herrie

I also encounter squares in water, but in my case they are totally empty. I had them in the demo, but also in the retail version. In general my fps seem to be good enough. Should I change the FIBER fraction or is there another cure?Herrie3,0 MHZ 1024 MB / Geforce 5900 XT 128 MB