Sign in to follow this  
Beagle12

Importing or Uploading a jpeg

Do you mean posting images here on Avsim?

Edited by Adamski_NZ

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I'm not sure how much of this you already know ... but here's the whole thing:

1) To save a screenshot when in flight, use Winkey+PrtScrn - or map a joystick button to that combination if you have a programmable stick.

2) By default, the pics are saved in C:\Users[yourusername]\Pictures\Screenshots and are in uncompressed PNG format.

3) Edit/resize (or whatever) then save in JPG format.

4) Upload the pic to an online image hoster. There are plenty of free ones around - I use Postimages: https://postimages.org/

The method of pasting the link to Avsim depends on the hosting service you use. You'll need a direct link to the image itself. For Postimages:

1) Select the image, open it in a new tab (or window).

2) Right mouse click on the blue "Download original image" button and use the browser "Copy link location" function.

3) Paste here (then hit return), like so!

leeds-02-1350.jpg?dl=1

Adam.

48 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I'm not sure how much of this you already know ... but here's the whole thing:

1) To save a screenshot when in flight, use Winkey+PrtScrn - or map a joystick button to that combination if you have a programmable stick.

2) By default, the pics are saved in C:\Users[yourusername]\Pictures\Screenshots and are in uncompressed PNG format.

3) Edit/resize (or whatever) then save in JPG format.

4) Upload the pic to an online image hoster. There are plenty of free ones around - I use Postimages: https://postimages.org/

The method of pasting the link to Avsim depends on the hosting service you use. You'll need a direct link to the image itself. For Postimages:

1) Select the image, open it in a new tab (or window).

2) Right mouse click on the blue "Download original image" button and use the browser "Copy link location" function.

3) Paste here (then hit return), like so!

leeds-02-1350.jpg?dl=1

Adam.

I was about to ask the same question as OP. thank you.

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

It works, thank you.

http://Screenshot-34-1.jpg

Edited by Scimiter
change picture
  • Like 2

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

My God, it is 2020 and you have to go through such a procedure to upload a picture on a forum .... facepalm.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

8 hours ago, Ixoye said:

My God, it is 2020 and you have to go through such a procedure to upload a picture on a forum .... facepalm.

It's not too bad. I suspect that payware hosting sites may be a little slicker/easier to use, but if you want something free then you need to do a little work yourself!

@Scimiter - yay!