Sign in to follow this  
GEKtheReaper

REX Weather Force Technical Update 1 Now Available!

New version is: # 6.0.2020.1005

From the received eMail:

Changelog:

FIXED – Pressure, wind, and temperature measurements related to aircraft position in atmosphere.

FIXED – Improved grids for selecting airport data during weather injection.

FIXED – Registration process with missing profile data.

FIXED – Bug of missing data with function during static weather read.

FIXED – Checkerboard cloud patterns and transitions between cloud layers.

FIXED – User profile not loading during second load after initial registration.

FIXED – Temperature and dew point being same value on main weather interface.

FIXED – Ability to add a favorite airport.

FIXED – Selectable area of Favorite Airport banners.

FIXED – Upper-level winds and temperatures not changing when clicking a favorite airport.

FIXED – Cloud coverage.

FIXED – Pressure value being cut off from main interface.

FIXED – Optimized code to search for favorite airport on server end.

FIXED – Optimized code in pulling data for weather injection.

FIXED – Improper handling of Last Update date and time on main window.

FIXED – Issue with lightning continuing to show even when storms were not reported in the metar.

FIXED – Aircraft and weather point location accuracy points.

FIXED – Live Weather airport weather display accuracy.

ADDED – Decoupled winds and temperatures from many injections.

ADDED – Code to prevent from switching Live to DCWS weather during open Weather Synthesis.

ADDED – Sections on application to help inform the user which weather mode they are in.

ADDED – Delete All Airports button to allow user to clear all favorite airports on client and server.

ADDED – Response “No records found” when searching for an airport or weather condition(s).

IMPROVED – Frame rates during transitions.

IMPROVED – Weather search window data elements.

IMPROVED – Rendering of storm and general cloud structures.

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Got an email overnight. Do not own yet.  Pretty long change log.  Anyone have post update experience yet?  I am really looking for a wx engine, even if for a stopgap.  I sat on the ground yesterday in Cincinnati (KLUK) studying the CJ4 and had constant lightening and thunder. I should have written constant in all caps.  That bad.  totally overblown. There was light rain at time yesterday in that area, but not even the hint of a thunderstorm.  Then later at the day I positioned myself at KJFQ, Concord, NC (Charlotte area) just to take a look at the default airport.  Same thing.  Rain from the remnants of hurricane Delta, but no station in all of North or South Carolina reported any thunderstorms.  Just rain. 

I had to turn my sound off.  

Will REX Wx Force override the default weather to the extent of removing this anomaly?

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

10 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Got an email overnight. Do not own yet.  Pretty long change log.  Anyone have post update experience yet?  I am really looking for a wx engine, even if for a stopgap.  I sat on the ground yesterday in Cincinnati (KLUK) studying the CJ4 and had constant lightening and thunder. I should have written constant in all caps.  That bad.  totally overblown. There was light rain at time yesterday in that area, but not even the hint of a thunderstorm.  Then later at the day I positioned myself at KJFQ, Concord, NC (Charlotte area) just to take a look at the default airport.  Same thing.  Rain from the remnants of hurricane Delta, but no station in all of North or South Carolina reported any thunderstorms.  Just rain. 

I had to turn my sound off.  

Will REX Wx Force override the default weather to the extent of removing this anomaly?

Some users say it does.

I'm hoping that by now REX WF has fixed the major issues.

If on Tuesday the latest patch doesn't fix the lighting bug, I'm going to ha to try REX WF.

Honestly, I'm a bit concerned with Asobo's updates.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

WF is far from perfect but better than default at this point. It gets the weather in-sim to match the METAR most of the time. But when it’s wrong it’s way wrong. I was in the middle of an IFR approach at an airport reporting OVC at 1600. The skies were clear and I could see the airport at 3,000 from 5 miles away. So, in that instance, it was useless. Other times it is dead on. So I would say don’t buy if you expect it to be perfect. Or even really good. But if you want something that is mostly better than default give it a try. 

Eddie
KABQ

15 minutes ago, haskell said:

WF is far from perfect but better than default at this point. It gets the weather in-sim to match the METAR most of the time. But when it’s wrong it’s way wrong. I was in the middle of an IFR approach at an airport reporting OVC at 1600. The skies were clear and I could see the airport at 3,000 from 5 miles away. So, in that instance, it was useless. Other times it is dead on. So I would say don’t buy if you expect it to be perfect. Or even really good. But if you want something that is mostly better than default give it a try. 

Thank you.  I have read similar reports.  What I am now waiting for are experiences after this technical update 1.  Here is the changelog from the email.  I see several fixes that may speak to what you just reported.

Changelog:
FIXED – Pressure, wind, and temperature measurements related to aircraft position in atmosphere.
FIXED – Improved grids for selecting airport data during weather injection.
FIXED – Registration process with missing profile data.
FIXED – Bug of missing data with function during static weather read.
FIXED – Checkerboard cloud patterns and transitions between cloud layers.
FIXED – User profile not loading during second load after initial registration.
FIXED – Temperature and dew point being same value on main weather interface.
FIXED – Ability to add a favorite airport.
FIXED – Selectable area of Favorite Airport banners.
FIXED – Upper-level winds and temperatures not changing when clicking a favorite airport.
FIXED – Cloud coverage.
FIXED – Pressure value being cut off from main interface.
FIXED – Optimized code to search for favorite airport on server end.
FIXED – Optimized code in pulling data for weather injection.
FIXED – Improper handling of Last Update date and time on main window.
FIXED – Issue with lightning continuing to show even when storms were not reported in the metar.
FIXED – Aircraft and weather point location accuracy points.
FIXED – Live Weather airport weather display accuracy.
ADDED – Decoupled winds and temperatures from many injections.
ADDED – Code to prevent from switching Live to DCWS weather during open Weather Synthesis.
ADDED – Sections on application to help inform the user which weather mode they are in.
ADDED – Delete All Airports button to allow user to clear all favorite airports on client and server.
ADDED – Response “No records found” when searching for an airport or weather condition(s).
IMPROVED – Frame rates during transitions.
IMPROVED – Weather search window data elements.
IMPROVED – Rendering of storm and general cloud structures.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Anybody tried this yet?

Gerald K. - Germany

Yeah I am on the latest version. The initial release was basically unusable. This update fixes a ton of issues but still having incorrect depiction in sim occasionally. 

Eddie
KABQ

Yeah. It’s MUCH better than initial release and at times, better than default wx. But it still has bugs. Sometimes the weather is nowhere close to what’s reported. But when it works, it is dead on. I can’t recommend it yet. I would call the initial release alpha quality, ridden with bugs. I’d call this more like a beta. Mostly works, still buggy. 

• Upvote 1

Eddie
KABQ

Is there a way to use this for the metar  depiction? I don’t want to change the textures (the look of the default clouds) as I’m quite happy with the default textures, but would consider it for the metar depiction.

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

It isn't a 'cloud art' type application. So, yes. It is only for metar depiction.

• Like 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

If you check what metar time it is using compared with real time metar you’ll see it is always 2 hours old! 

Has anyone picked up on this?

Bart

Edited by bartp71

Hasn't this been out for over a week

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

3 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

I did not hear about it until they sent me an email overnight.  Last night.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

6 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

Yep. I bought it at Simmarket on the 6th and it contained this update. I received the notification email from Rex yesterday.

Edited by mdreyer

Murray Dreyer

23 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

You are mistaken the product launch with this TU.

WF was indeed launced some weeks before but was kind of buggy. This would be like a Service Pack or Hot Fix.

Gerald K. - Germany