Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

This Is The Impact of MSFS 2020

You know flight simming has arrived when it's covered by a mainstream youtuber with close to a million subscribers. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 6

Yes, when Jenna Ezarik stops making Valentine Day´s cakes and starts playing MSFS - that is truly telling us something! 😋

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

I have absolutely no idea who she is but this was video was posted way back at launch. Just another of the people who was given free gear to review the sim. Heck, I'd have become a vlogger if MS had given me all of that! They simply chose people with a large following to get the maximum exposure. These sorts of people wouldn't have touched flight simming without the freebies. Pure marketing.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

2 minutes ago, LarryD said:

The video can also be used as a TBM 930 flight training video.

... and this one is for A320 training! 😂😂😂

Edited by OSM
  • Like 5

i never will understand why ppl follow youtubers, is their life so boring?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, wim123 said:

i never will understand why ppl follow youtubers, is their life so boring?

Most people would say that about lifting a toy plane in the air and then landing it... Again and again...

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

30 minutes ago, Little Jenny said:

I'm guessing she made one video and will never touch it again. 

As a general rule, she only makes a single video on any particular subject.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

17 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

No clue who the above 2 girls are...

No worries. I'm pretty sure they have no idea who you or I am, either.

But Microsoft, and apparently at least 6.63M other (in one case) people know who they are.

So if you were Microsoft, who would you send free stuff to? 😀

EDIT: And the second girl opens her packages with a little murder-hatchet, so we might not wanna word not allowed her off! 🙀

EDIT2: I watched the full video from iJustine And laughed, hard. Which I would count as a success. It made the sim look interesting (I would be tempted to buy it if I had not already) and also made the equipment look cool. For the first time ever I am interested in such a setup, which might help explain why flightsticks are suddenly so rare, out there.

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 12

Devons rig

18 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

As a general rule, she only makes a single video on any particular subject.

But the point made was that she likely won't use MSFS and all that gear again (as opposed to making another video), and that wouldn't surprise me. Just hope it all goes to a good home.

I've got the space... <whistles>

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

4 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

But the point made was that she likely won't use MSFS and all that gear again (as opposed to making another video), and that wouldn't surprise me. Just hope it all goes to a good home.

That's an assumption that feeds into our preconceptions, and may or may not be true. We will almost certainly never know. (but I bet many here will take it for granted)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Devons rig