Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

This Is The Impact of MSFS 2020

just for laugh 😅 

OT8ocs0.jpg

just kidding man! this sim is for everyone! 😇

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jon b said:

If anyone discovers a time machine capable of transporting me back to say the late 80s early 90s could you please let me know at your earliest convenience, thank you. 

Thank you Sir,

that`s one of the indications that things are going the wrong way in our society. 

Talking of YouTube, I quite like the statement of this video.

The two videos show the average intelligence and skills of typical FS2020 users. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

"... They simply chose people with a large following to get the maximum exposure. These sorts of people wouldn't have touched flight simming without the freebies. Pure marketing."

Exactly. And in so doing, MS/A exposed MFS to more than six million people (perhaps, or some portion thereof) who may not have otherwise known the difference between flight simulation and a fresh ear of corn. Will all of that segment of six million subscribers (and their friends, remember) purchase MFS? No. Will some of them purchase MFS who may not have done so otherwise? Most definitely. Even if only one such person purchases the title, the investment in the blogger will have paid dividends.

"Pure Marketing" you say? You bet your a_s it is... and, from a cost/benefit perspective and from mine as well, quite an effective strategy I would say.

Edited by RustyFlyer
  • Like 5

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

I'd need a full bottle of Bourbon to sit through any of the above videos and would still hate every minute of it.

• Like 2

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

55 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Sub'd.  Thanks for posting this!   Amazing artist and inspiring to say the least! (And love all the songs....grew up with them).

yeah she is the real deal,

The point I was making is not everything on YouTube is some mindless influencer talking nonsense 😄 

She even has Ian Paice the drummer from Deep purple complementing her. on her cover of burn ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As a DJ who knows something about copyright law, I'm shocked at what some people get away with these days on YT.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

A bunch of old geezers in this thread who are out of touch with the current gaming community and who think their way is the only way.

Facts are these YouTubers and streamers are going to reach MS's target audience better than any other marketing campaign. Twitch and YouTube are great resources for gamers and will continue to grow. If you don't like it, then you can sit in your isolated bubble in 1990 and wonder why everything else has passed you by.

Adapt or be left behind.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, DJJose said:

As a DJ who knows something about copyright law, I'm shocked at what some people get away with these days on YT.

If you are referring to drum covers they are generally acceptable on YouTube BUT any advertising revenue from the cover goes to the original copyright owner / artist. There are exceptions, for example Beatles originals cannot be used anywhere. Basically the copyright owner can flag whether they object to use of the material outright or are happy to scoop up any revenue and in most cases in YouTube they are happy for people to do covers providing they get any revenue.

hence Sina makes her income form her originals and viewer donations, the proceeds from the 70's covers goes to the original artist.

Sina has had some covers blocked and then a short time later unblocked. (a recent example being her Keith Moon tribute "Won't get Fooled Again") It seems like they are being mistakenly blocked as illegal (the automatic script thinks they sound like the original) and then the block is removed once they confirm it is a legitimate drum cover and any revenue is going to the original copyright owner.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

It’s crazy how some of our niche community sticks their nose up at non “hardcore” simmers playing this game or being given the product for free by MS. 

MS Advertising group: we have two choices, promote the game to a niche group of hardcore simmers who have all been playing on full motion setups since the dawn of time and probably already pre-ordered the product...

or provide decent controllers to some popular tech/game/etc you tubers who will then put our product in front of multiple millions of potential new customers?

Average Avsim Poster: I’m Triggered!!! How dare they promote their product outside of our small niche group.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

To be honest, if any hardcore flight simmer (whatever one of those is), is upset about a video like that one, they might just as well get upset about the literary content of the Teletubbies, which similarly, is not aimed at them, so there's no reason to get outraged by such things.

If getting someone to have a go of the sim and putting a video up on facetube sells a few more copies of the sim, great, if not, big deal. What's probably really upsetting the hardcore simmers, is the fact that someone who doesn't really care about flight sims got sent a load of freebie fancy controllers that they'll probably end up shoving in their garage. 🤣

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Sub'd.  Thanks for posting this!   Amazing artist and inspiring to say the least!

You're kidding, right ?

Any of these ring a bell ? :  Billy Cobham, David Garribaldi, Steve Gadd, Lenny White, Bob Moses, Bernard Purdie, Ginger Baker, Stewart Copeland,  Alphonse Mouzon, Keith Carlock, Pete DePoe, Dino Danelli, Ainsley Dunbar, Dave Weckl, Mike Shrieve, Mitch Mitchell, Omar Hakim, Dennis Chambers, Harvey Mason to name but a few. Not to forget  Max Roach, Roy Haynes, Thad Jones, Elvin Jones, Gene Krupa, Buddy Rich, Earl Palmer, Albert Heath,Tony Williams, Jack De Johnette, Joe Morello, Art Blakey, Al Foster, Connie Kay etc and so on. (that's off the top of my head).

It's true that this  drumming girl video contribution does have a place here because it painfully shows that she knows as much about drumming as these Jenna and iJustine girls know about flying, be it even virtually. What she should do is stop making these ridiculous videos and join a marching band as a drummer. Then she will learn and practise all these paradiddles for starters. With years of learning and practise she just might become an artist some day..

• Like 1

Jan

1 hour ago, langly said:

A bunch of old geezers in this thread who are out of touch with the current gaming community and who think their way is the only way.

Facts are these YouTubers and streamers are going to reach MS's target audience better than any other marketing campaign. Twitch and YouTube are great resources for gamers and will continue to grow. If you don't like it, then you can sit in your isolated bubble in 1990 and wonder why everything else has passed you by.

Adapt or be left behind.

Not a politically correct statement, but it strikes a powerful blow!

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

58 minutes ago, Javiz said:

You're kidding, right ?

Any of these ring a bell ? :  Billy Cobham, David Garribaldi, Steve Gadd, Lenny White, Bob Moses, Bernard Purdie, Ginger Baker, Stewart Copeland,  Alphonse Mouzon, Keith Carlock, Pete DePoe, Dino Danelli, Ainsley Dunbar, Dave Weckl, Mike Shrieve, Mitch Mitchell, Omar Hakim, Dennis Chambers, Harvey Mason to name but a few. Not to forget  Max Roach, Roy Haynes, Thad Jones, Elvin Jones, Gene Krupa, Buddy Rich, Earl Palmer, Albert Heath,Tony Williams, Jack De Johnette, Joe Morello, Art Blakey, Al Foster, Connie Kay etc and so on. (that's off the top of my head).

It's true that this  drumming girl video contribution does have a place here because it painfully shows that she knows as much about drumming as these Jenna and iJustine girls know about flying, be it even virtually. What she should do is stop making these ridiculous videos and join a marching band as a drummer. Then she will learn and practise all these paradiddles for starters. With years of learning and practise she just might become an artist some day..

Congrats Jan.

Been here almost 2 decades, and never even thought of placing anyone on my ignore list.  Consider yourself the 1st. 😉    She was fun to watch, your comment was distressing to read...so I won't read any of yours anymore.  Tootles.

Here you go...hang this on your wall. 😉

qXj5qK.jpg

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 5

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, langly said:

Adapt or be left behind.

LOL. I don't think anyone here is thinking that way. I love the way folk come in laying down the law. Adapt or be left behind LOL.

1 hour ago, Javiz said:

You're kidding, right ?

Since you asked.....the only name above I ever heard of is Buddy Rich, the others are unknowns to me.  My assumption is those are folks you considered to be "real drummers".

Good for you!