Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

This Is The Impact of MSFS 2020

14 hours ago, Janov said:

Yes, when Jenna Ezarik stops making Valentine Day´s cakes and starts playing MSFS - that is truly telling us something! 😋

Yep doing a lot for flightsimulation to get out of the nerdy corner! 😉

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I don't care so much about the two girls who may indeed bring fresh blood into our community.  However, there are other "ads" which may be more relevant for at least a number of potential buyers.

One is the performance of MSFS in the Steam score. MSFS has 72% positive ratings (14649 votes) overall and 67% positive during the last 30 days (2552 votes) right now, with the last value continually sinking since the last patch, after it was rising from a pretty low value certainly caused by initial installation issues.

I feel these numbers are quite bad promotion for a premium title, and I am not sure a couple of videos by funny girls can compensate them. If you look up other recent new titels nearly all of them get better scores.

For comparison: AeroflyFS2 has 76% percent positive overall (1483) and 100% positive votes (17) during the last 30 days - despite a more or less stalling development.

If I were MS/Asobo I would ring all alarm bells in view of these numbers.

As a sidenote I voted positively for both.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

You dont think that those votes are pretty much irrelevant & hardly of concern to Asobo, as they are the developers, NOT the marketers of the game, & in any case, nobody HAS to vote.

Lets not worry about doom & gloom just because some random selection of gamers decided to tick boxes.

Interesting to know how many bought from MS & how many from Steam, & how many asked for refunds. 

Actually, irrelevant really, .. Still..

Edited by Wobbie

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

21 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

You dont think that those votes are pretty much irrelevant & hardly of concern to Asobo, as they are the developers, NOT the marketers of the game, & in any case, nobody HAS to vote.

Interesting to know how many bought from MS & how many from Steam, & how many asked for refunds. 

1. If the game performs bad Asobo will hardly get new contracts, and in the worst case... well. 

2. The percentage of Steam buyers to the overall user base should be irrevant in this respect as I see no reason the percentages from MS Store users to be better, if not to the contrary because of more installation issues.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

4 minutes ago, pmb said:

1. If the game performs bad Asobo will hardly get new contracts, and in the worst case... well. 

2. The percentage of Steam buyers to the overall user base should be irrevant in this respect as I see no reason the percentages from MS Store users to be better, if not to the contrary because of more installation issues.

Kind regards, Michael

1. It has been said that Asobo will be supporting MSFS for 10 years... I cannot see that Microsoft will change their contract details after a couple of months.

2. 2 months of random user voting do not a disaster make.

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

14 hours ago, DJJose said:

.. I'm shocked at what some people get away with these days on YT.

and yet factual reporting (no drama or embellishments) on a plane crash (blancolirio channel) = instant demonitisation. YT = la la la la happy unicorn rainbow word not allowed... we will censor you :rolleyes: sometimes... for the wrong reasons...

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

11 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Actually, I think there is more than a bit of truth to this.

Well I think it is a comical statement. Way too harsh in this instance. I have to adapt or be left behind in my real life job on a daily basis. The consequences of not doing that  are way more serious than a computer game.

However, I do agree that folk do need to move with the times. I am not convinced at all that MS giving a Youtuber a bunch of stuff is really the right thing, but I guess they know their business better than me. I don't think the average person subscribing to the inane stuff these people talk about on a daily basis is really the target audience for a bunch of (expensive) gear (hobby).

I am all for bringing in new blood. Personally I tend to look towards the Youtubers who do specialize in FS to help with that. I also hope that MSFS is helping with that. It is certainly doing more than any other sim before it. I hope folks migrate from their Xbox to a PC and all the other stuff that comes with it (much like GTA et al.).

Rich.

7 minutes ago, RICHUK said:

I don't think the average person subscribing to the inane stuff these people talk about on a daily basis is really the target audience for a bunch of (expensive) gear (hobby).

Rich.

They probably are not, but it would not be a good look to have the YouTuber trying to use a keyboard and mouse. The roll and pitch in MSFS are rediculous enough as it is...plus it certainly looks way funner when you have controllers to play along with

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

I have no idea why some people are getting worked up. It is likely a generational thing for some people (from what I see in some replies).

Influencers, vloggers &  YouTubers are here to stay and make no mistake have MASSIVE exposure, huge numbers of followers and are on the big companies books. Look at the gear that girl was sent, and shes not the only one. 

Apart from the small number of "hardcore" simmers MSFS is a game to the vast majority of people out there. Its treated like GTA5 or Ace Combat - and there is no harm in that because it does not affect your experience of the product. So why get worked up? 😀

The scene needs new blood and somewhere in the world amongst all those gamers a spark will fire in heads "Hmmm this Airbus thing is fun, being a pilot might be a cool career". The XB1X release will expose MSFS to an even bigger audience.

Also - its fun trying to land the Caravan on a skyscraper rooftop or doing Imellmann turns in the 787 😄

Edited by ThrottleUp
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

They probably are not, but it would not be a good look to have the YouTuber trying to use a keyboard and mouse. The roll and pitch in MSFS are rediculous enough as it is...plus it certainly looks way funner when you have controllers to play along with

That is true, but the point is those Youtubers wouldn't be trying MSFS at all if MS hadn't sent them a copy.

1 minute ago, ThrottleUp said:

I have no idea why some people are getting worked up. It is likely a generational thing for some people (from what I see in some replies).

Ifluencers, vloggers &  YouTubers are here to stay and make no mistake have MASSIVE exposure, huge numbers of followers and are on the big companies books. Look at the gear that girl was sent, and shes not the only one. 

Apart from the small number of "hardcore" simmers MSFS is a game to the vast majority of people out there. Its treated like GTA5 or Ace Combat - and there is no harm in that because it does not affect your experience of the product. So why get worked up? 😀

The scene needs new blood and somewhere in the world amongst all those gamers a spark will fire in heads "Hmmm this Airbus thing is fun, being a pilot might be a cool career". The XB1X release will expose MSFS to an even bigger audience.

Also - its fun trying to land the Caravan on a skyscraper rooftop or Imellmann turns in the 787 😄

True words indeed. Just because there are now more & more vloggers/gamers/Youtubers around, serious simmers are getting upset! (see the above 5 pages)

Who are we to judge? Remember, Microsoft's biggest market for MSFS has not opened yet. Just because there are now more and more .... lets call them 'light hearted simmers' they are certainly NOT lessor players than you & me. RICHUS take note.. just because they play with game controllers.. & are not interested at the ridiculously named study level aircraft... Study level?? Call them Complex!! If your ego allows it.. Just remember that what we have is a licensed "For Entertainment 'product, from a gaming house, & I'm sure that most fly with a joystick, irrespective of yoke equipped aircraft!! 

Seriously guys, embrace the new faces/gamerz whoever.. they are here to stay!

• Like 3

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

7 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

and there is no harm in that because it does not affect your experience of the product.

I am not sure about that - the target market does have an influence on the priorities during development.

Sure, it is fun to do aerobatics in a 787 - but I would think that a lot of folks here wish that the plane was a bit closer to it´s real life counterpart. I don´t think that Jenna and her audience of millions cared, though - so why should Asobo spend considerable effort on that for the few of us here (or on a SDK that allows someone else to do it)? 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RICHUK said:

That is true, but the point is those Youtubers wouldn't be trying MSFS at all if MS hadn't sent them a copy.

So what? Not an issue at all!

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Just now, Janov said:

I am not sure about that - the target market does have an influence on the priorities during development.

Sure, it is fun to do aerobatics in a 787 - but I would think that a lot of folks here wish that the plane was a bit closer to it´s real life counterpart. I don´t think that Jenna and her audience of millions cared, though - so why should Asobo spend considerable effort on that for the few of us here (or on a SDK that allows someone else to do it)? 😉

Remember that us simmers are a small niche market, compared to the millions on Xbox. Asobo is obviously developing for ALL!

• Like 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

25 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

So what? Not an issue at all!

Sigh. I never said there was an issue. Read and comprehend.