Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Live weather....did it actually improve?

Hi guys

I could swear after the wind bug got fixed which I think was 2 patches ago the representation of Live Weather in comparison to local METAR got a lot better.  Maybe I was lucky because it seems now, in particular this evening the Live Weather has no bearing on Metar at all!  In fact it seems to be thundering and lighting everywhere I go and clouds are just way off.  I think the constant thunder is a new bug but look at this, on approach to ENGM local Metar was CAVOK

This is what I saw in the sim after flying through all the clouds lol

Desktop-Screenshot-2020-10-11-21-24-24-6

Thomas Derbyshire

I agree. It seems something is wrong with weather server today. Same stormy weather all over the world today. May need an Ark.

• Like 1

Robin

The weather is not improved since release. It's completely random: some days it works, some days is completely off. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I also had thunder everywhere in Europe over the weekend but no thunder out of my window at home?

33 minutes ago, avt309947 said:

I also had thunder everywhere in Europe over the weekend but no thunder out of my window at home?

Apparently for some unknown reason, every time there are some clouds there are also thunderstorms. This was introduced in the latest patch (1.9.3.0). 

• Like 1

made 2 flights today, EDDM into LOWI and KFLL into KEYW in the Kingair and weather seemed ok. seemed because I do not know the actual weather at those 2 locations/areas but it was immersive, maney clouds also overcast into LOWI and NO thunder/lightning and scattered clouds over the keys, again no thunder/lightning.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

My weather has been off again.  It just seems delayed by 4 or 6 hours

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yea, i usually check site like windy to get an idea of the weather, cloud base etc. And its very often NOT what i see in the sim. So, i started to check weather in Meteoblue website, and obviously its a perfect match, and their map with the diffrent layers of info is actually really good. Good surprise.You can see erally easy if the conditions are VFR, whats the cloud base, the temps, etc.

https://www.meteoblue.com/fr/weather-maps/grenoble_france_3014728?variable=metar-flight-conditions&level=surface&lines=none&mapcenter=37.7360N13.9197&zoom=7

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DAD said:

made 2 flights today, EDDM into LOWI and KFLL into KEYW in the Kingair and weather seemed ok. seemed because I do not know the actual weather at those 2 locations/areas but it was immersive, maney clouds also overcast into LOWI and NO thunder/lightning and scattered clouds over the keys, again no thunder/lightning.

How can you say weather seemed ok but not reference to local metar??

Thomas Derbyshire

18 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Yea, i usually check site like windy to get an idea of the weather, cloud base etc. And its very often NOT what i see in the sim. So, i started to check weather in Meteoblue website, and obviously its a perfect match, and their map with the diffrent layers of info is actually really good. Good surprise.You can see erally easy if the conditions are VFR, whats the cloud base, the temps, etc.

https://www.meteoblue.com/fr/weather-maps/grenoble_france_3014728?variable=metar-flight-conditions&level=surface&lines=none&mapcenter=37.7360N13.9197&zoom=7

Interesting link - I’ve been on meteoblue website before but never stumbled across that

Thomas Derbyshire

1 minute ago, sidfadc said:

Interesting link - I’ve been on meteoblue website before but never stumbled across that

yup, and im sure there's a way to switch to english (if the link i gave you is in french)

It's clearly an issue within MSFS because on Meteoblue website weather is always spot on.

Flew two flights in southern Alaska yesterday where RW weather was generally partly to mostly cloudy with scattered rain. What I flew in was 700-miles of strong thunderstorms.