Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Live weather....did it actually improve?

There seems to be a bug where almost any cloud can be a thunderstorm.  You can have thunder and lightning on a partly cloudy day which is obviously not accurate.  Hopefully this can be fixed.  I know early on thunderstorms were way too hard to find (you could fly all over the Caribbean/Florida and not see one in the afternoon), so I'm guessing they just adjusted too far the other way.  Hopefully a simple tweak.  

Other than that though, the weather has been pretty accurate for me, however this time of year in my region the real weather is pretty boring, so I might not notice if it were delayed by hours.  

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

3 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:

There seems to be a bug where almost any cloud can be a thunderstorm.  You can have thunder and lightning on a partly cloudy day which is obviously not accurate.  Hopefully this can be fixed.  I know early on thunderstorms were way too hard to find (you could fly all over the Caribbean/Florida and not see one in the afternoon), so I'm guessing they just adjusted too far the other way.  Hopefully a simple tweak.  

Other than that though, the weather has been pretty accurate for me, however this time of year in my region the real weather is pretty boring, so I might not notice if it were delayed by hours.  

Agreed, thunder clouds everywhere.

57 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

How can you say weather seemed ok but not reference to local metar??

I was primarily referring to "every time there are some clouds there are also thunderstorms" which was not the case for my 2 flights

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

Has anyone tried this?

Yep, I'm using it.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Just now, jabloomf1230 said:

Yep it's unfortunately a WIP - Weather is Problematic. 

So 100% METAR match is not 100% accurate?

5 minutes ago, ErichB said:

So 100% METAR match is not 100% accurate?

Its accurate all the time, flying in vatsim with zero problems now, no lightning too)) some minor problems with transitions between stations but i can live with that. Nothing can be more annoying than weather differences between you and controller when you on the net., great mod. 

Edited by BackboneOne

7 minutes ago, BackboneOne said:

Its accurate all the time, flying in vatsim with zero problems now, no lightning too)) some minor problems with transitions between stations but i can live with that. Nothing can be more annoying than weather differences between you and controller when you on the net., great mod. 

Okay, good to know

thanks

erich

Edited by ErichB

I said earlier I’ve tried the unreal weather mod, it does match the metar perfectly however winds aloft is a bit dicky apparently this is experimental in the latest build.  However I’ve found the weather pops and redraws which be honest I detest and takes me back about 10 years so it’s a no from me for now...

Thomas Derbyshire