Sign in to follow this  
stubbornswiss

Increased Sim Rate and Flight Time

I recently came across a nifty little mod (Sim Rate Bandit) for increasing the sim rate, during those long haul flights.

However, I have discovered that although it does speed up the sim rate as well as 'time', as can be observed by looking at the clock in the a/c moving faster, at the end of the flight what is logged in the logbook is the 'real life' time it took to do the flight. So for instance, on a 4 hour flight, if you use Sim Rate Bandit which gives x4 rate, what is logged is only 1 hour.

Has anyone else noticed this? I am sure this is not how it was in FSX.

Edited by stubbornswiss

Albert

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;
2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

From my memory sim rate increases were problematic in FSX with any complex aircraft, the only one that seemed to get it right was PMDG with their clever variable speed.

You may be right. Eventually I was only flying PMDG a/c - specifically the 747 and even more the MD11.

Perhaps this is why I remember it working correctly.

Albert

2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

1 hour ago, andyjohnston.net said:

A mod for sim rate?  That's a default part of the program...

Yes... most mods are reworkings of what is actually a default part of the program.

Have you tried this one yet? Believe me... give it a try.

Albert

They implemented a 'goto' feature in this that allows picking a point to warp to basically. In top bar.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Yes, I know about this goto feature, but I thought I'd read somewhere that it didn't work right.

Do you have any experience using it?

Albert

Sim Rate Bandit simply uses the in game sim speed increase but makes it better. Firstly at each change of sim rate it speaks to tell you what it has done, e.g 'sim rate 2'. This is very handy as there is no way of knowing in the base sim what the current sim rate is once you have changed it, you have to count key presses. Secondly it tops out at sim rate 4. If you manually try more than this you will find the plane will go into altitude oscillation. Thirdly it slows down the sim rate to real time to pass through waypoints to ensure they are processed correctly by the autopilot. I have been one of the ones that reported that the travel to feature is bugged. Not only are most of the planes controls in the wrong position when it reappears but also the plane will continue to behave incorrectly once you  stabalise them,e.g. Ignore waypoints, ignore ils, porpoise down glide path if it does pick up ils