Hello,

I've noticed that when adding a traffic pattern it's possible to change the pattern altitude.

This is however the altitude above the airport elevation. In the charts (normally) the altitude of traffic patterns is AMSL.

Is there a possibility to change this so that it's not necessary to convert and that's also AMSL displayed on the LNM Map?

Thanks 👍

Björn 

1 hour ago, Fly_High said:

In the charts (normally) the altitude of traffic patterns is AMSL.

Never seen this. Usually given above airport altitude.

59 minutes ago, Fly_High said:

AMSL displayed on the LNM Map

Already the case. No need to change it IMO.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Never seen this. Usually given above airport altitude.

Okay, could be my fault, but for all the Dutch airports in the official docs from AIP Netherlands the visual traffic circuits are described in FT AMSL

23 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Already the case. No need to change it IMO.

39634022nq.png

The traffic pattern shows 1670ft, this is not 1300ft AMSL, like it supposed to be, it's 1300ft + the aerodrome elev.

My question just was to directly get the 1300ft displayed, without subtracting the aerodrome elevation and put this in here:

39634044jw.png 

Thank you!

Björn

4 hours ago, Fly_High said:

The traffic pattern shows 1670ft, this is not 1300ft AMSL, like it supposed to be, it's 1300ft + the aerodrome elev.

As intendended. This is the number I need when flying. 1670ft is pattern altitude AMSL. ?

18 hours ago, albar965 said:

As intendended. This is the number I need when flying. 1670ft is pattern altitude AMSL. ?

I don't know, the pattern altitude is 1300ft, so I believed that that's the number I need when flying. 

But honestly, I really don't know, could be just wrong understanding or thinking of me.☺️

What you enter in the dialog is the pattern altitude. This is measured relative to airport altitude.
What you see on the map is patter + airport altitude.

I can add a label in the pattern dialog which shows the absolute altitude when changing the pattern altitude. Could be helpful.

Alex

24 minutes ago, albar965 said:

I can add a label in the pattern dialog which shows the absolute altitude when changing the pattern altitude. Could be helpful.

Yeah..... For people like me 😜

Thank you Alex!