Sign in to follow this  
dfanucci

When it works, it works soooo good!

Quite possibly the greatest flight I have ever had in a flightsim last night. We all know the issues that Asobo are working on, but I just had to put in a word that when this sim works, it works so great.

KGEG to KSEA last night. Wanted to take a short hop with the flybywire A320 to see what improvements have been made as I have been away from the sim for the last month. Live weather and traffic was used and since I live in the Pacific Northwest I could look out my window to compare. The weather was absolutely spot on at KGEG with rain, thunder, etc. Everything from startup at the gate and taxiing to the active was perfect. Reaching the hold point, there was a line of traffic landing on the active that had me waiting for a good 10 minutes. After clearance I was off to the west. Busting out of the weather over central Washington, I could see other air traffic heading east. ATC kept me informed of all. 50 Miles east of Seattle things started getting really bumpy during the decent as the weather around Seattle was horrible with limited visibility. As I was worked lower and lower through the clouds, I was stunned to find when I broke out of the weather, that I was sequenced behind 9 other aircraft for 16L. Never, and I mean *never* in any sim have I seen such a realistic representation of activity in the air. It was an absolutely awesome experience. After touching down and arriving at the gate, I shut down and just sat there stunned at what I had just experienced.

This sim does have it issues ( I can't stand the Sepia lighting emanating from the ground at night ) but all it takes is one fantastic flight to make one see that it really is a fantastic piece of software.

• Like 24
  • Upvote 2

Were you using live traffic or ai traffic?  I mainly use live traffic and haven’t been able to see that level of traffic yet so far.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Bone stock Live traffic. No additions to the sim other than the 320 and Liveries.

In all honesty I was stunned by the amount of traffic. I wish I had taken a few screen shots, but I was so enamored with what I was witnessing I simply forgot.

I'm actually thinking of pulling the flightaware data for last night because it was really really cool. There was an occasional hiccup while I was at the hold point in GEG. A Frontier flight on final simply disappeared on approach, and a Horizon plane wanted to take it's sweet time getting off the active, but I didn't care. It was simply fun to watch.

Edited by dfanucci
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, dfanucci said:

I wish I had taken a few screen shots, but I was so enamored with what I was witnessing I simply forgot.

That is awesome!

41 minutes ago, dfanucci said:

I wish I had taken a few screen shots, but I was so enamored with what I was witnessing I simply forgot.

Well maybe that is the way it is supposed to be.  I have stopped taking screen shots now, as I have hundreds building up and I can't compete with all of the others round the internet anyway.  I have gotten used to being stunned by the beauty of some of them - lots every night on reddit for one example.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, dfanucci said:

Never, and I mean *never* in any sim have I seen such a realistic representation of activity in the air. It was an absolutely awesome experience. After touching down and arriving at the gate, I shut down and just sat there stunned at what I had just experienced.

I was flying over Denver yesterday and there was AI traffic everywhere. (not to mention all the people in multiplayer)

I was expecting a collision at any moment.

Good thing the game does not allow those.... (I guess)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It is a brilliantly flawed sim, but with patience hopefully it gets a lot better. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I took a tour if Israel yesterday (Flew into the new LLBG in P3D) then took off in the Cessna from LLBG in MSFS.

Headed North towards Herzliya then past the Marina, down the Tel Aviv Coastline, headed south to Ashdod then inland towards the South, passed Sderot, Bee'er Sheva, across the Negev  to Yeruham, passed across the very distinguishable crater south of restricted airspace then took I90 North past the Dead Sea Factories (Amazing!!!!)  up to Masada National park and the Southern Dead Sea where I landed at Bar Yehuda for the night and watched the sun set over the clifftops... 

Honestly, every part of the flight left me in awe...  Planning on either North to Jerusalem, back to Tel Aviv then trading the Cessna for something with more legs for the trip down to Eilat.  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 6

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Agreed, just did a flight in South Carolina, late evening > night time arrival.  Cloud surfing at 9000 using the Robert Murphy G36 MOD (which I might add imo makes this the best GA aircraft in the sim!).  Weather was accurate tonight (unlike last night) even my G1000 handled a late change of approach without going crazy on me.  Absolutely beautiful!

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

Agreed. Had 2 excellent flights in the King Air with live weather from EDDM into LOWI and from Vegas to Sedona. Couldn’t have been any better. 

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I had been doing short hoops from KPHX to KLAX and then KLAS with the neo and like the OP says when everything works FS2020 its a hell of a good time . 

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

4 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I was flying over Denver yesterday and there was AI traffic everywhere. (not to mention all the people in multiplayer)

Really? I live here so as it is my home base, I usually start up my flights from KBJC and my traffic is pretty much dead each time and I have no idea why that is. I took the Citation down to ORD friday night and they were everywhere. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Since I have been unable to fly the airbus virtually anywhere on a flight plan,  I am curious about how you flew IFR using ATC and live traffic because I would love to replicate it. What was your route? Did you use ATC the  whole way or selectively to avoid being vectored into Mt Rainer? Which STAR, and did ATC vector you correctly along it? When you say you were “sequenced” how did you know this and with all this traffic was there a threat of GA?  Did all this traffic appear on your TCAS? 

How did you land? Did the AP capture the Localizer and GS or hand fly it since from your description you were IMC at capture? Did you have to hand fly it down given some of the cross wind issues?

29 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Really? I live here so as it is my home base, I usually start up my flights from KBJC and my traffic is pretty much dead each time and I have no idea why that is. I took the Citation down to ORD friday night and they were everywhere. 

Startup at Kden... Been on the runway about ten seconds, and this is just other players in my immediate arc of vision forwards and backwards. (there are more to either side) The AI has not even had time to populate yet.

It WILL get crowded!

0ttjSL.jpg

zynOzX.jpg

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

arjpNyp.jpg

Yep- BOX STOCK- nothing added...and St. Bart's ain't half bad either!

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper