Sign in to follow this  
Guest laer

Wish you could set random weather.... or can you?

Guest laer

One thing I've always been a bit disappointed in is the fact tht it SEEMS you can't set random weather... Granted, you can set real-world weather (which is great), and set weather themes that will evolve... but, as far as I know, you can't just tell FS to throw something random at you.Is that the case?If I set something like 'fair weather', will it always evolve into the same weather types, or is the evolution itself ranom (ex. can it end up raining eventually if I have selected fair weather)?

Guest archtx

That would be nice if you could do it with the push of a button. The only way I know of (other than constructing a weather theme) is to go in and change the weather at each individual weather reporting station around your route. It's not too difficult, but can be a little time consuming. If you go to the trouble, I recommend saving the flight.

Guest laer

Hi. Well, that would still give you 'known' weather at each of the stations, right?Do weather themes play out the same way each time, or are they just starting points (weather types) with random evolve from there?

That's not correct. There're two products I know of (and use) which can create random weather by the push of a button: WeatherMaker and Wetter2004.Andreas

Guest laer

Hi, Andreas... Do those work for FSX? WeatherMaker looks like it still doesn't create fully random weather (thought I may be wrong), but instead looks like it makes random weather based on user input. Wetter2004, however, looks like a true random weather generator.Just wondering if they work in FSX... The latest one appears to be FS2004. Not sure if the weather system is compatible between FSX and FS2004.

We are going to be releasing soon our new version of Weather Maker X which includes a full random weather generator. It creates about 4800 different weather regions across the world and is fully compatible with FSX using the SimConnect module.We are currently in early beta testing, and hope to be releasing documentation soon on it.The nice thing about it is that is pretty much click a button and that is it. The weather engine does the rest. And you can use the Radar with WMX to avoid the really bad stuff.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Guest dswo

1. Try "FS Weather Engine" (we.zip) in the AVSIM file library. Haven't tried it with FSX, but if it uses FSUIPC to interface with FS, it will probably work (if you have an FSX version of FSUIPC installed; unregistered version should work fine).2. Adrian Shortall's collection of weather themes (weather3.zip) includes some surprises, if not genuine randomness.