Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

World Update 2: USA - Scope?

Is there an official scope outlined anywhere as to what's going to ship in this update? 

Went to check out Mt. Rushmore this weekend and apart from the parking lot and some buildings, the actual POI is not defined. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Not to my knowledge. The only thing we know for certain is that it‘s going to include a new DEM, which, according to the last q&a will be „crazy good“. I personally hope that it will also include better imagery for Alaska. 

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

22 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Is there an official scope outlined anywhere as to what's going to ship in this update? 

Went to check out Mt. Rushmore this weekend and apart from the parking lot and some buildings, the actual POI is not defined. 

I have Mt Rushmore on mine someone made a mod for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Todd2 said:

I have Mt Rushmore on mine someone made a mod for it.

Yep - I know there's a bunch of msfs mod sites with files and that's getting annoying...but one that seems to have the most files so far is flightsim.to

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

They initially said there would be region updates with a focus on less travelled regions. Japan makes sense, especially the scope of it. So I was very surprised when they said the US will be next. Not only is that huge, but it's also anything but less travelled. So l wonder if it won't be the whole US but just a region like the Pacific Coast. If so, they'll have shot themselves in the foot again by raising expectations.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yep - I know there's a bunch of msfs mod sites with files and that's getting annoying...but one that seems to have the most files so far is flightsim.to

I guess due to my time limitation of being a fairly new parent, plus checking out the base scenery, I had no idea there was so many mods for this sim already. My lord, this is crazy! Thanks for sharing it. 

Mod question, are these getting erased with each new MSFT update? 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

6 minutes ago, Greazer said:

They gotta fix the bridges.

and add boats lots of boats.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drumcode said:

I guess due to my time limitation of being a fairly new parent, plus checking out the base scenery, I had no idea there was so many mods for this sim already. My lord, this is crazy! Thanks for sharing it. 

Mod question, are these getting erased with each new MSFT update? 

No they stay in the community folder.  

• Upvote 1

The next world update is not free, so if its in the USA i couldnt care less, i would not go there even in the sim

2 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

so if its in the USA i couldnt care less, i would not go there even in the sim

Thanks for this useless piece of information. I'll write it down on a napkin.

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 18

Jacek G.

1 minute ago, Drumcode said:

Thanks for this useless piece of information. 

I dont think its useless, its just my opinion, í dont wont to fly in the middle of the atlantic ocean either, theres places i like and places i dont like.

7 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

The next world update is not free, so if its in the USA i couldnt care less, i would not go there even in the sim

They have said repeatedly that all the world updates will be free.

• Like 4

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Thats not what i read about this, but maybe i was drunk, it happens, i love redwine.

Edited by OHN767
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

Thats not what i read about this, but maybe i was drunk, it happens, i love redwine.

Well, where did you read about it? It was never indicated that world updates would not be free.