Sign in to follow this  
acmem

MS FSX WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest fireboss

If you have a running FSX,do not under any circumstance make any hard-ware changes to your system for now! You most likely will not be able to re-install FSX if it crashes. Microsoft has a wee bit of a problem with a large number of DVD's. So we wait for a "PATCH" to come down to us lowly peasants from the MS Gods.I can only hope that the moderator doesn't bury this,it needs to get out.:-roller

Guest killerwatt

The above post is nothing more than scare-mongering. Since installing FSX, I have changed both my graphics card and My CPU and have not had to re-install or re-activate any program yet. Including FSX.

My faith in a post drops with every exclamation point contained in the subject line

ugcx_banner.png

Guest mjtibbs

??I upgraded from a Celeron D 346 to a P4 650 and didnt have to reinstall.

Right, there's really no need to freak out! :-bluegrab There are enough people who changed their hardware and only few of em had problems. Btw. there is a """""PATCH"""""", but it's not from MS! ;)

>The above post is nothing more than scare-mongering. Since>installing FSX, I have changed both my graphics card and My>CPU and have not had to re-install or re-activate any program>yet. Including FSX. The original poster is right for more people then you probably think, maybe without the extra exclamation marks :)You will find these reinstallation problems under 1722 errors etc. Early on I have posted on this same forum about this error and according to several posts, MS is working on a patch.It is great to hear that some of you are not having reinstallation problems after making hardware changes. I for one had a barrage of problems with FSX loosing the registration information when I upgraded my motherboard and CPU, and once again when I tried to overclock my CPU which I had to reinstall Windows XP and FSX due to the famous 1722 error.Just recently my computer had a problem with a driver, and FSX again lose the registration info, happily this time around I had no problem keying in my original product key online and all is running fine for now. Maybe MS has loosened up a little the online registration process?So don

Guest Kev_Is_Soaked

I changed my underwear three days ago and had to reinstall.....

Guest Vilk

hmmm... what exactly did you have to reinstall after you changed your underwear?:-lol

>hmmm... what exactly did you have to reinstall after you>changed your underwear?>>:-lollol

Guest thx1137

Maybe, but I had to reactivate after making a BIOS setting change to do with CPU overclocking so just because we don't have problems most of the time does not mean there is no problem.

>Maybe, but I had to reactivate after making a BIOS setting>change to do with CPU overclocking so just because we don't>have problems most of the time does not mean there is no>problem. Exactly the point I have been trying to make on this forum, it just seems that the pendulum swings to the extremes! Either you have the

Guest isagani67

Speedbrake,If you have nothing to share with your fellow simmers who break their heads finding solutions to make FSX enjoyable to all of us then SHUUUTTTT UUUUPPPPPPPPPP.Isagani

Guest Valkyrie321

I have made a multitude of tweaks to my bios to include overclocking the memory and CPU as well as flashing it to upgrade the bios. I have had zero issues with activiation, even after jacking up my textures (trying to tweak more than I needed to) and reinstalling.