Sign in to follow this  
acmem

MS FSX WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest SimFan71

I have done RAM upgrades on my first install after activation (which I had to ditch due to a bad hard drive), and then a further RAM upgrade on my new install (again after activation). So RAM doesn't seem to be an issue. Since I installed on a different hard-drive if it's the same as XP/2003 activation that probably used my 2 activations (should have imaged it LOL).Again - if it's like XP/2003, overclocking is seen like a processor or graphics card change in my experience, though never been an issue when you call in, in my experience at least.I've done HD and RAM updates on my 2003 servers (which aren't volume licensed before someone chirps in saying that doesn't require activation LOL) and never been a problem.My hope is, this is just indeed a bad reaction to the whole concept of activation (I'm a software engineer and tend to agree it's over the top) - and with luck FSX requirements are not as strict as with the OS's. Even if not, just call MS and explain what you changed (just tell them you needed an upgrade to fix the performance issues, which would be true in most cases) and all will usually be well.I do think adding that many exclamation points to a subject line would probably require reactivation of your FSX though ;)

Guest tango_d

Excessive use of exclamation marks to be fair. Totally over the top really.

Guest Mostinius

Actually no - forget I mentioned it. :)

I think the original post refers to the Error message 1722 problem that some of us have been getting. It only affects the deluxe version apparently and a fix is due to be released by MS today or tomorrow.

Guest fireboss

The only reason I posted so many explanation point's was to get your attention. I wanted to help stop any more 1722 error's that didn't need to happen. Just so you know there are thousands of us that lost the FSX within day's of "Activation"to the error 1722.

Guest Gaudi

Read what MS is saying about product activation:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/927007Quote:This issue (Unable to Activate) may occur if the following conditions are true:-You have upgraded your existing computer with new hardware such as RAM,video card, or other hardware.-You purchased a new computer and are installing the game by using the same product key.In my own words: New hardware -> New FSX? Sure this can't be true!I wonder, how the other guys are doing: http://www.x-plane.com/Having a great time with Century Of Flight,Gaudi

Guest fireboss

Not yet. I am waiting for Microsoft to tell me how to uninstall the program after I found out one of the missing installation programs happened to be the FSX Un-installer! So I have files all over my system that I don't seem to be able to delete. Hence no re-installation. Ken

Guest fireboss

Luckily the fix seemed to fix most of the Deluxe FSX. My problem seems to be down a different path! Ken

Guest JiWe

>Not yet. I am waiting for Microsoft to tell me how to>uninstall the program after I found out one of the missing>installation programs happened to be the FSX Un-installer! So>I have files all over my system that I don't seem to be able>to delete. Hence no re-installation. KenI've had this problem since I got rid of the FSX beta!! please tell me about the solution I you get an answer from MS thanks

>In my own words: New hardware -> New FSX? Sure this can't be>true!It is not true. If you have a legitimate copy of FSX, you should not ever need to "repurchase" it. Period. Full Stop. End of sentence.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I don't know about you.I installed the new 8800 Video card the day before..and the card is so big... I had to disconnect my Floppy disk and I accidently dislodged one of HD. and guess what.When I booted...I not only got a bunch of errors..because a drive was missing.. I got a Win XP reactivation activation come up. I had to enter a 49 digit over the phone using the auto acitvation and then go throug the same process all over again with a person. I was so livid, My blood pressue went sky high and I cursed everyone at MS.I am a libertarian for the most part.. and I hate Govt. intervention. But in this case... I wish the congress would intervene.I can understand if someone changes their MB and Processor, but for video card or a floppy drive... to intrude is such a manner is unacceotable. They are way way out of line IMO.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter