Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Working Title CJ4 Mod Version 0.4.1 UPDATE Released

Well, quick on the heels of v0.4.0, here is v0.4.1 of the Working Title CJ4. While we fully expect to have to release ANOTHER update after the impending Asobo update, this work was all done, so we figured we'd make it available anyhow...

v0.4.1 contains mostly bug fixes, but it does contain an awesome sound enhancement - namely Passenger Briefings!

Discord link: https://discord.gg/Fa6w2xK -- Join us on Discord for announcements, latest version checks, feature previews/sneak peeks and discussions about the CJ4 and Garmin projects.

Quick Video highlighting the Passenger Briefings: https://youtu.be/DTMzHINHfZY

Mod Download Link: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.4.1
Scroll down to the bottom where it says assets, download the workingtitle-cj4-v0.4.1.zip

Working Title CJ4 v0.4.1 Changes

Welcome to the latest update of the Working Title CJ4 (v0.4.1). This is still very much a beta. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release.

Feel free to test out our new Simbrief Profile: SIMBRIEF PROFILE

Installation

Installation is easy, simply copy the workingtitle-aircraft-cj4 folder inside the zip file to your MSFS Community folder.

Important: We recommend that you fully delete the previous workingtitle-aircraft-cj4 folder before copying this release.

Key Features

• Added Passenger Briefing Announcements (accessed from MFD Upper Menu and PASS BRIEF BUTTON)
  • Fixed bugs with engine thrust when engines off (#222)
  • Adjusted flight dynamics to minimize (but not eliminate) the AP porpoising effect (#163)
  • Fixed V Speed bug (where v speeds would become stuck at -1 after landing)
  • Updated CAS messages (#242)
  • Sound Updates/Fixes
  • FMS Bug Fixes

Engine Model

• Thrust when engines off bug squashed (#222)

Flight Model

• Adjusted elevator trim effectiveness to reduce porpoising and facilitate (careful) FLC usage

LEGS Page

• Fixed Direct to IAF from LEGS page (#220)
  • Fixed approach waypoint display in LEGS page (#220)

FPLN Page

• Fixed bug when adding airways (#226) (thanks @tscharlii )
  • Fixed bug where invalid waypoints didn't always cause an error

PROG Page

• Updated distances to show decimals under 100NM
  • Fixed reversed XTK and CROSSWIND indications on Page 2

PERF Page

• Added input filters for QNH on takeoff and landing perf pages (user can now enter 29.92, 299 or 2992)
  • Added protection for TAKEOFF and APPROACH REF pages when no runway is selected (error message will appear)
  • Fixed weight calculation issues (#241)

PFD/MFD

• Fixed FMS Text distances on MFD (#232)
  • Added PASS BRIEF announcements
  • Fixed V Speed bug where some speeds were locked at -1 after a segment (#221)
  • Fixed MFD plane not centered on map (#219)
  • Updated CAS messages for Pitot Heat, Parking Break and Oxy Masks (#242 and #183)

Audio

• Fixed no chime when playing seatbelt announcement
  • Fixed erroneous chimes when setting battery master to on
  • Fixed sounds for internal/external view swaps/fixed passenger sounds stopping when switching to outside view
  • Added passenger briefing announcements (MFD)
  • Fixed announcements to restrict to only one announcement at a time
  • Improvements to climate control knob sound

Known Issues

• Modifications of the flight plan can be slow at times. The cause for this is Asobo's FacilityLoader which they need to fix. When the FMC shows "Working..." it indicates an operation is in progress.
  • Sometimes when entering an airway and the exit fix, the airway name will change to the shared airway, however the routing is still correct.
  • You cannot currently select Direct-To of a fix on your approach that is not the initial approach fix. This is a limitation of the sim flightplan system at present. We are currently overhauling the flight plan management system to allow for much more flexibility and stability.
  • After using Direct-To, the navigation will not always automatically sequence to the next fix and may enter ROL mode. You can re-activate NAV to navigate to the next fix if you encounter this issue.
  • The aircraft is still using the built-in MSFS autopilot (for now). All the existing limitations of that still apply. It does behave a bit better with the various enhancements applied.
  • FLC stability appears to have regressed with the autopilot aircraft energy calculation changes in 1.9.3. We have made some improvements to this behavior in this update. We will continue to investigate after the 13 October 2020 patch is released.
  • Some flight plan distances are still misreported when the approach is activated. We will look at this more carefully after the Asobo update.
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

5 minutes ago, Flyfaster said:

What does the deploy file in the .zip do?

Nothing, it's an artifact from our build process in github. It shouldn't have been in the zip, but we don't want to swap it our right now because it can break people's downloads. We'll swap it later after traffic dies down...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Nothing, it's an artifact from our build process in github. It shouldn't have been in the zip, but we don't want to swap it our right now because it can break people's downloads. We'll swap it later after traffic dies down...

Roger. Hats off to you on this one. Knocked it out of the park. This was literally the first time have been able to make a complete flight properly and smooth as butter! Kudos guys really hope they don't break too much of your hard work tomorrow 🙂 Will post a couple screen shots if I can figure out where they are on here....

• Like 2

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

12 minutes ago, Flyfaster said:

This was literally the first time have been able to make a complete flight properly and smooth as butter!

Honestly this is what we've been working towards. It was my personal frustration too, wanting to just take a flight and have word not allowed just work!

Glad you're enjoying it. We're having a good time making it...I'm not a sound guy, but the work our sound gurus have been doing is so cool. There's a sample of an early startup sound track on our discord now...it's gonna be so awesome...

Anyhow, much more to come, but it is nice to be able to finally take a pretty seamless flight...

The only thing that will really get you is trying to change the approach after you've started the procedure, so pro tip: don't load the approach until you're sure of arrival weather...

• Like 1

Great! A couple notes. The G3X mod messes with the PFD and MFD. You cannot brighten them, or dim them. The Flyby wire A320 Mod messes with this mod as well. Removed those two, and currently cruising along fine. The thing still feels so overpowered but maybe that is how it is? Two pilots and 90 percent gas and I ma cimbing at 4000 FPM at 240 knots... even through 20k still doing 2600 FPM. BTW porpoising is MUCH better... on level out its a bit hectic but not bad.

Edited by jpe828

1 hour ago, jpe828 said:

Great! A couple notes. The G3X mod messes with the PFD and MFD. You cannot brighten them, or dim them. The Flyby wire A320 Mod messes with this mod as well. Removed those two, and currently cruising along fine. The thing still feels so overpowered but maybe that is how it is? Two pilots and 90 percent gas and I ma cimbing at 4000 FPM at 240 knots... even through 20k still doing 2600 FPM. BTW porpoising is MUCH better... on level out its a bit hectic but not bad.

We know about the A320NX, they have some cleanup to do. Log a ticket with them. 😁

For the G3X is that our G3X mod? I know @kaosfere is working on it but doubt it would interfere, but maybe we missed something.

On the climb rate, yup, the CJ4 is a racecar. ~4 minutes to 17k

1 hour ago, cwburnett said:

We know about the A320NX, they have some cleanup to do. Log a ticket with them. 😁

For the G3X is that our G3X mod? I know @kaosfere is working on it but doubt it would interfere, but maybe we missed something.

On the climb rate, yup, the CJ4 is a racecar. ~4 minutes to 17k

Yes, @kaosfere s mod... when in community the PFD and MFD will not dim, only the glow cast from them changes. The actual screen stays the same. I am so out of depth flying this jet... I had to divert and wanted to load up an ILS on the fly to the airport I was going to. No idea how to navigate the avionics.. I am a prop jockey lol. Do you know of any good tutorials for the CJ4, specifically the FMC, autopilot, avionics etc? Also, any reference for speeds? I would like to get better with it, its nice being able to cover large parts of the Globe!

7 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

Yes, @kaosfere s mod... when in community the PFD and MFD will not dim, only the glow cast from them changes. The actual screen stays the same. I am so out of depth flying this jet... I had to divert and wanted to load up an ILS on the fly to the airport I was going to. No idea how to navigate the avionics.. I am a prop jockey lol. Do you know of any good tutorials for the CJ4, specifically the FMC, autopilot, avionics etc? Also, any reference for speeds? I would like to get better with it, its nice being able to cover large parts of the Globe!

I am going to write an interim SoP this week and do a full flight video...not too complicated once you get used to it. It's a nice transition plane from low and slow to a jet 👍

I'll chat with Rob tomorrow about the G3X.

• Like 1

Appreciate it. Thanks for your work on making it more useable. You guys are knocking it out of the park with these mods. 

So proud of and thankful for EVERYONE working on this modification !  Even though I still have  many takeoff and landing issues with this aircraft's model;  your mods make it worth "flying thru" these issues every day .  Bless you ! :wub:

• Like 1

WAT1460.png

9 hours ago, cwburnett said:

There's a sample of an early startup sound track on our discord now...it's gonna be so awesome...

That new sound preview is awesome!  Look forward to hearing that in the sim (hopefully soon!)!  Great job on the update...thanks again.  

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I am so excited and so disappointed that I will not get the option to enjoy these latest changes before Asobo breaks all your hard work with their next patch. 🤣

• Upvote 1

Hi, I am still having trouble with the transponder in the CJ4. Setting the transponder in the TUN page does not seem to work unless I enable AI assist of ATC, which auto updates the transponder correctly somehow.

SHIFT+ALT+W. I think it has to be the right set of SHIFT+ALT as the left side does not seem to work for me.

IIRC the original had 2 transponders, it seems when the #2 transponder was removed this problem started.