Sign in to follow this  
Maaarp

MU2 Autopilot and OHP Indicator Lights

Hi everyone,

I've been flying the MU2 for a couple of weeks now and feel I'm getting used to it (finally!). I've got a Saitek Panel which I'm using for the Autopilot with no problems until yesterday. For some reason the indicator lights on the MU2's AP underneath the glareshield are no longer illuminated regardless of the AP condition. Everything still works just fine and all the AP functions are normal but it's a little disconcerting when there are no lights on the dash to show which function is selected.

The same thing happened with the lights on the overhead panel lights. They used to illuminate to show the status of the external lighting but not any more. Like the AP, everything works ok but there's no corresponding light coming on in the panel to confirm which light/heating element etc is active.

For the life of me I can't find a switch inside the cockpit that fixes this and I wonder if I've done something strange to cause the probem.

I'm running P3D 4.5 btw if that helps.

Be grateful for any advice

Cheers

Warwick

Edited by Maaarp

10 hours ago, Maaarp said:

I've been flying the MU2 for a couple of weeks now and feel I'm getting used to it (finally!). I've got a Saitek Panel which I'm using for the Autopilot with no problems until yesterday. For some reason the indicator lights on the MU2's AP underneath the glareshield are no longer illuminated regardless of the AP condition. Everything still works just fine and all the AP functions are normal but it's a little disconcerting when there are no lights on the dash to show which function is selected.

Have you updated or changed anything -- perhaps added in some new software such as Chaseplane or SimStarter, or something else? Any hardware changes?

Suggest you try first loading the default F-35, and then switching to the MU-2. We have found this seems to help with initializing sim variables. Also suggest you delete any saved MU-2 flights.

Another thing to try is making use of "Ready to start" on the Hanger popup (Shift+1) after loading the MU-2.

Al

Thanks Al, I'll try again later today. I've got a feeling you're on the money here and it's probably a partly corrupted panel state since I always load the aircraft cold and dark as a scenario from the opening P3D screen. The only change I can think of was adding a second GTN750 screen. I guess that might have done something...

Cheers

Warwick

Sadly, not much changed. I loaded a default Maule, then the MU2 on top of it. Popped out the two GTN750s and headed off.

This time the Beacon light on the Overhead Panel illuminated but none of the others would. Also the AP indicators didn't light up again. The AP functions work just find and you can see the buttons on the glareshield depressing as they are clicked but no visual indicators.

Strange indeed.

17 minutes ago, Maaarp said:

Sadly, not much changed. I loaded a default Maule, then the MU2 on top of it. Popped out the two GTN750s and headed off.

Strange indeed.

Yes, strange, hard to understand why this would suddenly start happening.

If adding a 2nd GTN 750 seemed to coincide with this problem, I'd try going back to just one to see if it makes a difference.

If you haven't done so, I would also try starting with the default F-35 by loading it and then switching to the MU-2. I have found that which default a/c I start with makes a difference.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

Yep, looks like it was the extra 750. I can live without it so problem solved. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot this one through.

Cheers

26 minutes ago, Maaarp said:

Yep, looks like it was the extra 750. I can live without it so problem solved.

🙂