Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Behrentzs

Over all satisfaction

Guest TommyF

Hello all, Im new to the forums and to flight simming (I have played a few military flight sims but never that serious) and I must admit, MSFSX has wowwed me something fierce. The way you get immersed playing the missions is friggin sweet!! I have read tons of negative posts on the game and wonder why people are so glum. Even with my aged hardware I still love the game. I think that the complexity of tweaking the game is rather high though and was wondering if there was a "Tweaking for Dummies" type guide out there. I have read the PDF one that is floating around here and the only one I really understood how to apply (aside from moving my slider bars) was the one to cut down on the number of trees that are auto-genned. Any help is greatly appreciated as I think that this games kicks so much #### its ridiculous.Also, has anyone done the mission where you fly from Rome to Naples yet? Why does using the rudder not work on that plane? It made following that purple line thingy a little tough and lining up with the runway a little more, well, challenging. As you can tell I am way newbie. In real life I am an F-15 Crew Chief, so I dont fly them, but I can sure wrench them. Oh yeah, one more question. When I choose free flight and set everything up, is there a way to get the green arrow to show up in the top left corner of my screen so I can follow waypoints a little easier. I tried taking a flight from here (Elmendorf AFB, AK) to Seattle and wound up going the wrong way LOL!!! I think I wound up at the North Pole. Santa said to say hi and that you are all getting everything you ask for. So be sure to ask for lots of expensive stuff!! Well, thats about it. Any info is greatly appreciated. Cheers and c-ya.

Guest Captain Behrentzs

LOL, welcome to flightsimming :DI have done the mission you're talking about, but havn't had any problems with any of em.And nope, you can't get a green arrow or so, but you can use the GPS to see where you are. Just press SHIFT + 3 and then enter the route. Then you should be okay ;)Good luck with it, and ask if you need help for other things! :(---------------------------------------Kasper BehrentzsDenmarkhttp://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4853/bannerigifru8.gifALL NEWS FROM FSX COLLECTED AT ONE PLACE!MY SITE, http://www.xflightx.piczo.com

Guest TommyF

OK I know about the shift+3 option to get my gps up. However, I dont know how to program anything into it. All I have seen on that GPS is the route I need to fly for the missions. Ive never seen it show anything aside from terrain in free flight. Is there a thread or website that teaches you how to use the GPS. Also, will the route you need to fly from one airport to another show up on your radar thingy on the instrument panel (you know...the purple line thingy that shows up when you are flying missions). God I feel like such an idiot for not knowing what all the instrments are called LOL. Aside from the normal stuff that i work with everyday on the F-15 I am clueless as to flight route information showing stuff. Thats what I will call that purple line that shows up on my instrument panel, the flight- route-showmetheway-thingy. Or at least I will call it that until someone tells me what its called!!

Guest Captain Behrentzs

LOOL!!! :(Ok, think you should have a look in the learning center. It would really save you for many stupid (not that this is a stupid question) questions. It also explains how to program the GPS. And the pink line, yes, it will come when you program the GPS. It's the route you're supposed to follow :DIf you want, you can hook me up on a multiplayer session, and then I could try to learn you how to do it + if you have other questions? If you would like, then go PM me :D---------------------------------------Kasper BehrentzsDenmarkhttp://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4853/bannerigifru8.gifALL NEWS FROM FSX COLLECTED AT ONE PLACE!MY SITE, http://www.xflightx.piczo.com