Sign in to follow this  
CJ1045

Patch is LIVE!!!

The sim may have cleared out your scenery cache, so something that you had downloaded might need to re-download.  You may see chunkiness when re-downloading scenery.  

Also, check if you have the Nvidia Geforce Experience program installed.  That will change your FS2020 graphics settings anytime it feels like if it is set to do so (which by default it is).  It tries to "help" you by taking the settings you choose, and changing them all to something else.  (I uninstalled that thing once I realized why this was happening).  That drove me crazy until someone here posted about it.  

Edited by kerosene31

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

First flight, a short hop from airport to grass strip, using flight plan and AP. All went well, switched off engine and avionics/// no completion screen. Hmmm...

Prepared for return trip without exiting flight, so VFR, no flight plan. Took off fine, then after 2 or 3 minutes, CTD!☹️

Then, as I was typing this, I got a BSOD!🙄 Connected or not, who knows, but it seems quite a coincidence. 

StopCode: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

What Failed: amdkmdag.sys

So, something to do with my 5700 XT GPU.

Edited by 109Sqn
typo

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

No FPS loss here.....

On Ultra settings preset (in a glass cockpit) doing well, though I regret the loss of multiplayer while flying the tour. All those other pilots filling the sky around me the last time had me smiling and humming the song "convoy" under my breath.....

8hfrxX.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

First flight, a short hop from airport to grass strip, using flight plan and AP. All went well, switched off engine and avionics/// no completion screen. Hmmm...

Prepared for return trip without exiting flight, so VFR, no flight plan. Took off fine, then after 2 or 3 minutes, CTD!☹️

Then, as I was typing this, I got a BSOD!🙄 Connected or not, who knows, but it seems quite a coincidence. 

So, something to do with my 5700 XT GPU.

TDR is a Windows® operating system feature which attempts to reset the graphics driver if it has not responded within a period of time and recovers the system to a functional desktop, without the need for a system reboot.

When a TDR error occurs, the system displays a message that may reference one of the following files:

• ATIKMDAG.sys
  • ATI2DVAG.sys
  • ATI2CQAG.dll
  • ATIVPK.sys
  • AMD2DVAG.sys
  • AMDKMDAG.sys
  • AMDVPK.sys

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

TDR is a Windows® operating system feature which attempts to reset the graphics driver if it has not responded within a period of time and recovers the system to a functional desktop, without the need for a system reboot.

When a TDR error occurs, the system displays a message that may reference one of the following files:

• ATIKMDAG.sys
  • ATI2DVAG.sys
  • ATI2CQAG.dll
  • ATIVPK.sys
  • AMD2DVAG.sys
  • AMDKMDAG.sys
  • AMDVPK.sys

I did have a quick read of a thread on the amd forum but it didn't really throw any light on my experience. As per my quote, amdkmdag.sys was the affected one. Maybe the sim CTD triggered it with the graphics driver hiccupping  from it.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

35 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Confirmed the high rise building bug is also reported by some people here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/buildings-much-too-high-in-1-9-3-0-patch/288300

Zendesk report has been sent

Here is the community fix.  https://forums.flightsimulator.com/uploads/short-url/gwLCaK9Hzxzv1hTl1Yh223YYuZb.pln

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Smooth update here, and luckily I won't need to pry the "Any" key off my keyboard just yet.

My own pet peeve of crazy roller coaster terrain replete with anti-tank barriers and multiple sinkholes in the parking spots and taxiways at KSPB (Scapoose OR) hasn't been fixed yet but I'll survive... somehow.  I blame myself for taking so long to file a Zendesk report.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I'm now getting a Japan update showcase after loading halfway into the menu, previously it was just a black screen following the Mount Fuji picture. Nice touch.

I got it with last update. Never the less I can't even digest it because it stays for like two seconds until it loads through it and I'm at home screen. Who would have thought fast computers would be a bad thing.

So much for the press any key to start. Way to go ASOBO! Brilliant!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, jpe828 said:

I do have a data limit. How can I get past the update to change it? Brutal man... they cannot make a stable update!

Disconnect from the internet before launching msfs.

• Upvote 1

James

6 minutes ago, Evros said:

I got it with last update. Never the less I can't even digest it because it stays for like two seconds until it loads through it and I'm at home screen. Who would have thought fast computers would be a bad thing.

Yeah, the first three screens don't stay up for very long, and I actually have a very old PC that needs more than 5 minutes to load the menu. I took screenshots of the showcase and compiled them in a single picture (click here) if you'd like a better look.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Yeah, the first three screens don't stay up for very long, and I actually have a very old PC that needs more than 5 minutes to load the menu. I took screenshots of the showcase and compiled them in a single picture (click here) if you'd like a better look.

Thanks mate!

9 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Disconnect from the internet before launching msfs.

No go. It just says cannot connect to Xbox live, and gives you the option to quit. Brutal. 

Hey the logbook is recording all flights now.

• Like 4