Sign in to follow this  
CJ1045

Patch is LIVE!!!

Update went quite smoothly. First impressions: its running nice and smooth. Render scaling was defaulted back to 100, I put it back 130. All other settings seem to have remained the same. Two issues that I found quite noticeable straight away, the anti-aliasing is no where near as good as before and there is way too much lightning. Thin layer of cloud, but lightning is going off like crazy, very annoying. Otherwise all smooth. Anyone notice anything similar?

Z370 Gaming Trident X | Intel i7-9700K | RAM 32.0 GB | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

15 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Yeah, they’re saying it is being fixed but was never intended for Patch 4. I can see communication failures happening; I know that they happen at my work and that I make mistakes. Sometimes even quite a few in a row.

But I am disappointed and hope that the patch process is fixed for the future.

• Like 1

PC Specs: Intel i5-7500, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1660 6GB GPU, 1TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2, 1TB spinning rust HD (via SATA), 3TB spinning rust HD (via USB), Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Attack 3 Joystick

FSX: SE | MSFS2020

Update went smooth for me.

Had a very nice and smooth flight in the Mooney from KTIX Titusville Space Coast via NASA VAB and Launch Complex 39B and A (freeware mod - still works great) up north to KDAB Daytona Beach Intl Runway 7L ILS approach.

All worked fine! Just one issue - I had thunder and lightning from nearly clear skies. I've checked the real weather in this area and there's no thunderstorms even close.

Oh, and another funny thing.. I saw the Press Any Key to Continue thing only for a split second before it automatically continued. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

2 hours ago, MelanieTV said:

Flybywire A320 is not working and i cant open my ATC window...??

Just went through the same thing with ATC not working after patch. Try the solution I posted in this post.

James

10 minutes ago, asnamara said:

Update went quite smoothly. First impressions: its running nice and smooth. Render scaling was defaulted back to 100, I put it back 130. All other settings seem to have remained the same. Two issues that I found quite noticeable straight away, the anti-aliasing is no where near as good as before and there is way too much lightning. Thin layer of cloud, but lightning is going off like crazy, very annoying. Otherwise all smooth. Anyone notice anything similar?

All went smoothly for me. Downloaded and installed in about 10 minutes.

Running smoothly, about the same as before really, but for me the anti-aliasing is much better than before. Back to where it was at launch, the last two patches ruined the AA for me, this one is excellent.

The lighting did initially look a bit off but then I realised it had reset my Nvidia freestyle filters that I had used to tweak the appearance slightly.

Once I set them back it was fine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Everybody should check their graphics settings, as the sim tends to change them to defaults (often that means ultra) after an update.

Yes, it did do that Cat - it switched them mostly to Ultra or High.

Naturally, I'm flattered but my old system will only accept ULTRA on Clouds. Everything else sits comfortably (and with good FPS) on Medium or High.

• Like 3

Anyone able to flight plan to/from KSFO in sim? Seems KSFO has been removed from the nav database at least on the default aircraft with an FMS...haven't tried Garmin panels yet...

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

One minor annoyance I've found so far. I can't hear the clicks from pressing any buttons or the ratchet sound when turning the heading bug in the Cessna 172 steam gauge version.

45 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

Hey the logbook is recording all flights now.

Thanks for the heads up, went thru the 10 pages of this thread while update is downloading looking for above reply in particular.

There's also been an update to the SDK from 0.6.0.0 to 0.6.1.0.

PC Specs: Intel i5-7500, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1660 6GB GPU, 1TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2, 1TB spinning rust HD (via SATA), 3TB spinning rust HD (via USB), Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Attack 3 Joystick

FSX: SE | MSFS2020

OK first test of the update - I wanted to check if the tall buildings was fixed.  So I removed the tall building community fix and loaded up at EGCC.  Prior to the community fix there was large buildings on approach to 23R.  After today's patch (without community fix) the buildings were still present.......hmmmm

Next thing I did was disable rolling cache

AND

Went into content manager, where after scrolling down the long list I saw TWO "updates available" against Japan, I should have took a screenshot but one was called Japan - procedural buildings (I think).  I chose to update manually, they were very small updates few hundred KBs

Just loaded up at EGCC and the tall buildings were gone, however the same buildings were in the same spot but much much smaller!

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

2 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

if you installed MSFS on a drive other than your Windows Drive

I have it on a different drive and it's never given me a problem. In fact the only problem I've had with the sim installation was the re-login difficulty that caused downloading no Bing data to be downloaded. But that's all fixed once you know the trick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:

I did have a quick read of a thread on the amd forum but it didn't really throw any light on my experience. As per my quote, amdkmdag.sys was the affected one. Maybe the sim CTD triggered it with the graphics driver hiccupping  from it.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-800

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Confirmed the high rise building bug is also reported by some people here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/buildings-much-too-high-in-1-9-3-0-patch/288300

Zendesk report has been sent

Look in your Content Manager and see if your Japan-Procedural Buildings and Japan-Points of Interest items are up to date. I was having the same issues and took the advice from someone on the MFS Forum to make sure these are updated. They were not, so I updated them and it all worked properly. Give this a try.

Also, the file that is affected by the "Tall Buildings fix" (distribution.toml) seems to have changed quite a bit with this update so I would caution reverting back to a older version of the distribution.toml, which basically had a number of lines ripped out. Could cause other problems as this seemed more of a hack than anything. 

japan

• Like 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations