Sign in to follow this  
109Sqn

15% discount on MSFS for Amazon Prime Day!!!

Do you still have your game pass?......I would double check to see if you get offered the 20% discount through that.

I believe that  discount gets applied once you have been on game pass for 1 month.

Edited by Chris Boyce

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

23 minutes ago, Chris Boyce said:

Do you still have your game pass?......I would double check to see if you get offered the 20% discount through that.

I believe that  discount gets applied once you have been on game pass for 1 month.

Checked. £53.99, £71.99, £98.99 through Game Pass, so slightly more expensive and still with that apprehension regarding what happens when I cancel Game Pass.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Wish I had a better answer for you with regards to the amazon discount but I have no experience with that.

I did check and I see that gamepass seems to have a 10% discount at the moment . You probably don't see a 20% discount til the second month of your gamepass….that's when my offer appeared.

Even if I cancel my gampass subscription today it won't expire til the 18TH so I cant give you a 100% answer about what happens. All I can say is my MS account and the in game store now show I own all versions of MSFS.

Edited by Chris Boyce
  • Like 1

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

@Chris Boyce I appreciate your input.

I got 3 months free Game Pass when I bought this PC as it was one of the amd offers at the time. So I've had a genuinely free MSFS since launch (if you exclude the cost of the PC!). It expires on the 30th, so I'll be cancelling on the 29th (or maybe not quite then as I see I am still apparently able to get the 1 month for £1 deal as an 'upgrade', so I could possibly go for 1 more month for the other games I have still to try out fully).

I'm reasonably confident all would go well with the Amazon code, although there's still the concern about saved progress as well. As it's saved on the cloud, according to this thread, and Amazon code would be linked to the same MS account, I'd like to think it will either automatically import my saved progress or prompt me to choose. But we've all learned not to take too much for granted with MSFS at this point!

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

That was a good deal. I paid $1 CAD the first month , then it went up to $4.99 and now its going up to 9.99/month. I really only got gamepass to try MSFS before paying the big bucks for another sim( now have 4 on my system....lol).  When my second month started was when I noticed MSFS was offered at 20% off...…... Think its part of gamepass that some games get a discount after the first paid month.

It might be worth using your £1 deal to see if you get the same offer. I'm sure amazon or somebody will have another deal soon, plus Black Friday comes in November so there could be something there. 

I'll probably be cancelling the GP subscription …….don't really need it now and I can always subscribe again since I have to pay full price now anyway.

Will then have a definite answer about what happens after GP expires ( I'm 100% sure it will be fine since I have a receipt saying I own all versions MSFS ).

From what I remember MSFS allowed me to install the upgrades while using the gamepass version without changing the settings. When I decided to install the new licence it did a complete install. Cant remember but I think I had to redo my settings again after the full install.

Edited by Chris Boyce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, leprechaunlive said:

Im guessing, just guessing, that they'll make you update or redownload just the Digital Ownership part.

Here's hoping, because I took the plunge! Just have to decide whether to risk using the code now or waiting till I cancel Game Pass. I worry if I simply deleted MSFS from my Xbox app that the progress files might be deleted, although on the other hand that would technically be the same as uninstalling and re-installing as others have done successfully. I'm very close to 200 hours flight time, not to mention the logbook entries (and the various achievements, for what those are worth). Oh, the indecision!🙄

On 10/13/2020 at 1:11 PM, 109Sqn said:

I didn't spot that one. But did it require a paid Game Pass subscription? I'll be cancelling GP once my trial ends.

Yeah I posted it here in the bargain hunter forum.  It required "a" gamepass subscription, doesn'r matter if you had a long term one or the trial (or purchased the 1 month trial for $1).