Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Enough with the lightning !!! Asobo !!!!!!!

Without exaggeration, 95% of my flights have constant thunder and lightning with live weather enabled. I can't believe they're unable to recreate the issue, it makes me question their testing methodology. I was happy to wait it out, but it has been two patches now and not only is it not fixed, they can't even see a problem.

The problem is, thunderstorms are just flat out overrepresented. It's as if any chance of lightning predicted by the weather model is interpreted as thunderstorms for the entire region, regardless of cloud type or density. Not only that, for a majority of storms it's not just a flash here, a crack there, these are end of the world electrical storms. It's unplayable, so I've been using the METAR weather mod.

I've also yet to encounter any rain with live weather, but this may just be down to chance.

If they're unable to fix it, just give us an option to turn lightning off.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, overt said:

I can't believe they're unable to recreate the issue

It's hard to believe when it's always right there when you load a flight. LOL ludicrous.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

It's hard to believe when it's always right there when you load a flight. LOL ludicrous.

I reported it to Zendesk.

"Steps to replicate: select Live Weather"

Edited by NightOfDreams

39 minutes ago, fmrCXflyer said:

I would prefer a hotfix to temporarily just remove ALL thunder and lightning until this is resolved.  

+1. I can certainly live without lightning for now. But I won't fly with constant lightning all the time, it kills the immersion and is absurd.

I just flew for 2-hrs live weather. No lightning, no clouds, wind at 3-knots all altitudes, barometer 29.92 the whole flight. It's all or nothing with live weather.

47 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Flew one last night with live weather, it was fine. 

It's hit or miss. I flew for over a week with no lightning in clear skies until yesterday. Then I couldnt get rid of it even by restarting the game.