Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

1.9.5. Tall buildings not fixed, until Japan files updated

And I can confirm that updating the Japan files, indeed does fix the tall buildings!

Thank You!!

• Like 4

Bert

18 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I really don't want to delete my cache after every update/patch. There's a reason I use the rolling cache.

And deletion not required.. as it now appears.. 🙂

Bert

36 minutes ago, Jean-Paul said:

Hi Bert

I fixed it by deleting the cache and manually updating the outdated Japan files in the content manager... 

JP

Update : not sure deleting the cache is needed at all. 

same here, stumbled across this before seeing this post so "I fixed it myself" ha

Thomas Derbyshire

question was asked prior, but I still have not been able to find the answer.  What if you never downloaded Japan in the first place and do not intend too, anyone know if the 'building fix' still applies?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

4 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

And deletion not required.. as it now appears.. 🙂

What's the fix then?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just now, captain420 said:

What's the fix then?

Update the Japan files (in Content Manager)

• Like 2

Bert

Also not to add to the download conundrum   Windows has a bunch of updates today also.  Your not done downloading yet... ha  ha

Humor intended

Steve   

The way that MSFS works is that stuff is taken from the official and community folders and based on the layout.json is then copied to a virtual file system that looks quite a lot like FSX.

The autogen buildings are specified in  the virtual file system in a file distribution.toml which lives at runtime in the  <simulator>\PGG directory

The base copy of distribution.toml is in  official\onestore\bf-pgg\pgg   and thats what today's patch fixed - i.e that gets installed in the
runtime < simulator>\PGG

If Japan isnt installed then that is all you need.

However if  Japan is installed then it has its own copy of distribution.toml that gets copied to the same location in the runtime  and replaces the base version - therefore it is necessary to update Japan to get its own fixed version of distribution.toml

Content manager isn't showing anything for me, it just keeps spinning for like 5 minutes now. Is it suppose to take this long for anything to show up there?

Sigh I can't even get anything to show up in order to update the Japan files.

3wtNvis.jpeg

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

47 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Content manager isn't showing anything for me, it just keeps spinning for like 5 minutes now. Is it suppose to take this long for anything to show up there?

Sigh I can't even get anything to show up in order to update the Japan files.

There is a conflict with one of your mods in the Community folder. Temporary remove them and the Content Manager should load as normal.

• Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Got it working, thanks!